Lucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g - preservative

on 6/26/2015 9:24:00 PM

This little tube is definitely my ultimate favourite lip balm. My whole life i have used so many balm brands i barely remember their name but i swear i will never forget this. Just a little sad that this sweetie is a local goody, not an outspread trend, which should have been already. But i love it i just love it so much.
At first when i applied it on my lips, it felt like i just ate something greasy and forgot to wipe my mouth, cuz it did feel a lil heavy. But then it started to dry up and didnt feel oily anymore. Just then i realised what it did to my dead-skin-covered lips. My lips felt absolutely moisturised and soft, like they were reborn. The greater thing was that, i just used a teny tiny little amount of the product, like half a drop or so, but it was still enuf to cover my full lips and kept them hydrated all night long. When i woke up, my lips was just like a dream. I saw no dead-skin on them anymore. Omg this is absolutely phenomenal.
I am not so much a fan of using my fingers to apply any kind of lipstick/balm, i always buy a stick, not a tub or a tube, but this got me on its edge and im totally in love with it that i can go at any length for it.
And it is undoubtedly worth the money.

on 6/8/2015 6:35:00 PM

I love this so much, I used this on my lips because they were so chapped to the point they kept cracking and bleeding (gross I know), but oh myyy this is my absolute holy grail lip balm!!

I put it on before bed and my lips are no longer chapped or sore! It's even healed the cuts on my lips!! Love love love this product so amazing and you can use it for so many other things!!

on 5/30/2015 5:15:00 AM

I had a friend in Australia send a couple of tubes and a tub to me in Texas after I read all the wonderful reviews. I love this stuff and never want to be without! I use it for everything, it makes the best lip balm and cuticle cream. I also use it on burns, blisters, cuts and scrapes and like that it moisturizes as it heals.

I recently burned my wrist using a curling wand and didn't realize how bad it was but did feel a lot of discomfort from my watch rubbing the burn. I put some of this on the burn, covered with a waterproof bandage and forgot about it until the bandage needed replacing a few days later. The blistered skin peeled off and the burn itself was nearly healed. I have been reapplying a couple times a day and leaving the bandage off, since the tender skin is already healing my watch no longer irritates the burn. This was pretty substantial since the burn was between the size of a nickel and quarter and located on the top of my wrist towards the inside.

I also suffer from dry and chapped lips and the use of this ointment has made my lips look wonderful. They are plump and moist with no visible flakes or cracks.

on 5/22/2015 12:35:00 AM

I'm pretty sure every family in Australia has a tube or tub of this tbh, it's actually part of our culture by this point. There is always a tub in the bathroom cabinet, a tube at the bottom of a school bag and at least 2 tubes half melted in the car. I always buy different lip balms just to try something new and I've always come back to this. An amazing product that works so well and incredibly quickly. I grew up with this product being slathered on my face from my dummy rash and i reckon I could recognise the smell and the packaging from the next continent.

Anyway, the pricing is good, the tube packaging is the best in my opinion, idk the tub just gets awkward and unless you're leaving it one place for it's whole life it'll just piss you off. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with not just chapped lips, but every other problematic skin disorder (probs not all but you know what i mean). I can't rave about this lip balm enough, IT IS INCREDIBLE

on 5/19/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Fantastic product. I was a bit tired of using regular lip balm so I decided to try something different, boy am I glad I did. Within the first few days of using my lips started to be hydrated instead of having to constantly put of 10 layers of regular old lip balm. Within the first few weeks? My lips were Amazing with a capital A.

on 5/6/2015 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i was brought up having this stuff slapped on my bare bottoms for nappy rash. These days, it's the only lip balm I bother with. I apply before going to bed for baby-soft lips in morning. the handy tubes are great for the handbag while I have a big tub beside my bed for using on my cuticles, as a after-wax treatment on my bikini line, or as an under-eye treatment.
it's also fantastic for treating minor cuts and skin infections - while traveling I've used it on minor burns, coral cuts and insect bites.
Very universal product and worth the few dollars getting the genuine Lucas brand over the cheap copies.

on 4/24/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me tell you this is the best lip balm I have ever tried. I suffer from terrible dry lips it bleeds when I crack a smile. Do not waste your money on Nivea or other lip balm products. This ointment relieve my dry lips in less than 2 hours. It scentless, moisturise your lips, and definitely heal your chapped lips.

Yes that is correct. It is actually healing your chapped lips, not just put some moisture on top of it. That is why I love this lip balm very much. I can't live without it. I fully recommend this product to anyone who have chapped lips. Just put it regularly and your lips will heal.

3 words. Pretty freakin amazing. I was in Australia visiting my best friend and being a typical beauty item hoarder I picked this up as it seemed interesting and not something I could easily find in my home country. I bought the biggest tub, at probably 20 AUD or something like that (I can't really remember how much it is though!) and remember feeling some regret creeping in as one of my friends described it as 'a glorified Vaseline'. Let me tell you, it is not!!! I've been suffering from hormonal acne and nothing has really worked in terms of getting rid of them or fading the scars fast. I had started using certain acne medication and face washes and my face started to become dry and extremely itchy from the peeling. Anyway as a last resort I used the paw paw ointment as I thought it would soothe the dryness? I did my usual routine and slathered on a generous amount before I went to bed. The next morning the condition of my face was so much better I can't even believe it. I started to use it as a night moisturizer and noticed that it has helped with scar fading and I've been having less break outs. I would say this is worth a shot (even if it doesn't work for you in terms of clearing acne, you can use it for so many other things!) as the price is certainly justified for the amount of benefits it gives. I also use it for chapped lips, dry spots, insect bites, burns and cuts. Did I also mention its anti bacterial? Just. Awesome. The only thing that sucks is that it comes in a jar (for the larger ones) which is probably not very sanitary compared to the tube. But I guess since its antibacterial it's like the ointment's way of pointing a finger at germs. Approved.

on 3/7/2015 11:24:00 AM

I can't live without this ointment, literally! It cures everything, from chapped lips to eczema, from burns to cuts, from insect bites to open wounds. Papaw has such amazing healing property. Strongly recommend this product. Every Aussie uses this so what are you waiting for?

on 3/4/2015 2:24:00 PM

amazing, stunning, love it! I put it at night around eye area, elbows, feet, eczema, hands and cuticles, lips.... Nothing can beat it. I am letting my friends try it out and everyone falls instantly in love. will always have one at hand at all times.

Popular Lip Treatments