Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract (1)*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (1), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene, Linalool , Fragrance (Parfum) (1) Certified Organic Ingredient ,* Also known as Gotu Kola Extract (updated: 5/4/2012)

on 3/6/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- amazing for dry / super dry skin
- goes on easily
- makes skin feels very smooth

CONS:
- might not be best for oilier skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thanks to redhead jane and this site I found the perfect moisturizer for my oily/break out prone sensitive skin!
I LOVE this stuff! I'm 35 and I've always had trouble with moisturizers breaking me out or just being so greasy they make my makeup slide right off. This stuff moisturizes my skin without leaving it greasy or clogging my pores. I'm so pleased with it, and I'm now on my second bottle. This scent doesn't bother me, it's light and refreshing. I highly recommend this product, and I will keep buying it. The only downside is the packaging, both lids on my bottles cracked on the side, but oh well. I love what the product does and it's affordable too.

on 2/10/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Lovely scent and it is a very light moisturizer. Perfect for applying on face - it provides some moisture and helps apply the face powder evenly. So far it has not caused any breakouts on my skin.

I am a fan of the scent. Absolutely clean and mild!
This comes in a jar and dipping in the same jar is a bit unhygienic but I use a glass rod to scoop out the cream.

on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I do believe this is one of my favorite moisturziers so far. I love how a little goes a long way, and it is absolutely perfect for my horrendously dry skin.

The texture of this is really interesting and fun to work with.

on 9/15/2014 7:20:00 AM

This moisturizer is great for my acne prone skin. It doesn't make me break out. If I stop using it and then use it again I notice that it gives a nice glow to the skin. It is pretty pricey for a drugstore product and tub lotions can be slightly unsanitary so those are my only drawbacks.

on 8/21/2014 5:21:00 PM

Since hitting age 25, I've noticed my skin has gotten dry. I am combo/dry with sensitive skin. I was looking for a day time face moisturizer that has nontoxic ingredients/preservatives, and after reviewing the ingredients I decided to pick this up. I am pleasantly surprised. It goes on feeling like silk and then dries instantly as it soaks in. My skin feels hydrated but not oily. I can't give it 5 lippies because my nose got oily in the middle of the day, but that's obviously a personal problem. My nose tends to get shiny unless it is PERFECTLY moisturized (not more or less, which is impossible).

At first, I didn't understand why were was no expiration date, but then I saw the image of the little container with the open cap and 12M indicating that it expires 12 months after opening.

on 6/28/2014 12:42:00 PM

I've gone through several containers of this moisturizer. I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin, so it can be tricky to find the right product. All of the Alba products I use have been total home runs for me. I also use the 3-in-1 facial wipes in their Hawaiian line and absolutely love them.
I love that it provides the perfect amount of moisture- its lightweight, gel-cream consistency feels wonderful on the skin. It smells good too.

I have oily combination skin and I love this product. I have been using every day for a month now and no breakouts whatsoever however I do not think this was the sole reason why but I do think it helps. I use it every night before going to bed and also under my makeup. I have found a little goes a long way if I use too much it can leave me greasy

Best moisturizer I've ever used!

on 5/18/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i am really sad that this product did not work for me since I love Alba's gentle acne wash fruit detox system. I could tell the moment I put this moisturizer on that it exacerbated (made worse) my already irritated skin. The product is highly fragranced and though it feels thick when scooping it with your fingers, the cream is not really moisturizing at all. It feels a bit of a frangranced greasy feel to your skin. Recently my skin has broken out terribly (due to stress, traveling, etc) and I was hoping if I completed my skin regimen with another alba product it would make it better. Unfortunately this has not been the answer to better skin for me.

on 5/9/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product does not stop spots. it's oil free and does not make skin worse. i chose this because i have oily spot prone skin and wanted something natural that didnt make my skin clogged...that's exactly what it is! it doesn't clog my pores and makes my skin smooth and plump. people reviewing this are searching for the wrong things when using this product. if you want to treat your spots use teatree oil or something before hand. to apply i pat the cream on lightly and let it sink in, i do not rub - that only irritates the skin and causes it to get more angry and dirty.....also IT SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN

edit - it's not moisturising enough so have gone to another cream for night time, it's too much of a thin gel to work at night.