Alba Botanica Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract (1)*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (1), Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene, Linalool , Fragrance (Parfum) (1) Certified Organic Ingredient ,* Also known as Gotu Kola Extract (updated: 5/4/2012)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thanks to redhead jane and this site I found the perfect moisturizer for my oily/break out prone sensitive skin!
I LOVE this stuff! I'm 35 and I've always had trouble with moisturizers breaking me out or just being so greasy they make my makeup slide right off. This stuff moisturizes my skin without leaving it greasy or clogging my pores. I'm so pleased with it, and I'm now on my second bottle. This scent doesn't bother me, it's light and refreshing. I highly recommend this product, and I will keep buying it. The only downside is the packaging, both lids on my bottles cracked on the side, but oh well. I love what the product does and it's affordable too.

on 2/10/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Lovely scent and it is a very light moisturizer. Perfect for applying on face - it provides some moisture and helps apply the face powder evenly. So far it has not caused any breakouts on my skin.

I am a fan of the scent. Absolutely clean and mild!
This comes in a jar and dipping in the same jar is a bit unhygienic but I use a glass rod to scoop out the cream.

on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I do believe this is one of my favorite moisturziers so far. I love how a little goes a long way, and it is absolutely perfect for my horrendously dry skin.

The texture of this is really interesting and fun to work with.

on 9/15/2014 7:20:00 AM

This moisturizer is great for my acne prone skin. It doesn't make me break out. If I stop using it and then use it again I notice that it gives a nice glow to the skin. It is pretty pricey for a drugstore product and tub lotions can be slightly unsanitary so those are my only drawbacks.

on 8/21/2014 5:21:00 PM

Since hitting age 25, I've noticed my skin has gotten dry. I am combo/dry with sensitive skin. I was looking for a day time face moisturizer that has nontoxic ingredients/preservatives, and after reviewing the ingredients I decided to pick this up. I am pleasantly surprised. It goes on feeling like silk and then dries instantly as it soaks in. My skin feels hydrated but not oily. I can't give it 5 lippies because my nose got oily in the middle of the day, but that's obviously a personal problem. My nose tends to get shiny unless it is PERFECTLY moisturized (not more or less, which is impossible).

At first, I didn't understand why were was no expiration date, but then I saw the image of the little container with the open cap and 12M indicating that it expires 12 months after opening.

on 6/28/2014 12:42:00 PM

I've gone through several containers of this moisturizer. I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin, so it can be tricky to find the right product. All of the Alba products I use have been total home runs for me. I also use the 3-in-1 facial wipes in their Hawaiian line and absolutely love them.
I love that it provides the perfect amount of moisture- its lightweight, gel-cream consistency feels wonderful on the skin. It smells good too.

I have oily combination skin and I love this product. I have been using every day for a month now and no breakouts whatsoever however I do not think this was the sole reason why but I do think it helps. I use it every night before going to bed and also under my makeup. I have found a little goes a long way if I use too much it can leave me greasy

Best moisturizer I've ever used!

on 5/18/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i am really sad that this product did not work for me since I love Alba's gentle acne wash fruit detox system. I could tell the moment I put this moisturizer on that it exacerbated (made worse) my already irritated skin. The product is highly fragranced and though it feels thick when scooping it with your fingers, the cream is not really moisturizing at all. It feels a bit of a frangranced greasy feel to your skin. Recently my skin has broken out terribly (due to stress, traveling, etc) and I was hoping if I completed my skin regimen with another alba product it would make it better. Unfortunately this has not been the answer to better skin for me.

on 5/9/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product does not stop spots. it's oil free and does not make skin worse. i chose this because i have oily spot prone skin and wanted something natural that didnt make my skin clogged...that's exactly what it is! it doesn't clog my pores and makes my skin smooth and plump. people reviewing this are searching for the wrong things when using this product. if you want to treat your spots use teatree oil or something before hand. to apply i pat the cream on lightly and let it sink in, i do not rub - that only irritates the skin and causes it to get more angry and dirty.....also IT SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN

edit - it's not moisturising enough so have gone to another cream for night time, it's too much of a thin gel to work at night.

on 4/24/2014 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This moisturiser does not claim to be an acne fighting moisturiser. Yes, I am acne prone myself. But acne prone skin people still need the benefit of an emollient moisturiser. This will not treat the acne on your skin. You need other skincare/prescription products for that. It just promises not to exacerbate you acne. I have oily skin and when I do makeup, i like a face that is as matte as possible but without being flat. But I order to achieve that, you cant have dry/dehydrated skin underneath. I guess this is what it is does - it hydrates more than moisturises. so many times, you hear people use the term dry...well oily skin obviously does not get dry, but more so dehydrated. I have gotten dry skin before (mostly, when I have stripped your skin with a really drying/bad product, or even in the winter, after coming out of the shower but that is more temporary dryness) and I know the difference. This is the best moisturiser/hydrating lotion that works as a primer by preventing the foundation from sliding off (some moisturisers are terrible under makeup and wither cause uneven application and patches or your makeup to slide off all together). IT also provides the inner glow that you can get away with for an oily skin person without it being dewy whatsoever. An oily skin girl does not need any dewiness or anything luminous.

It is thicker and not the easiest to spread all over, that is my only gripe. Oh and as well as it being expensive. I pay $17-$20 easily for this, but I cannot go without it. And that is an investment. I can't stock up on a product like this because it is just too expensive, even when it is on sale. I usually look for sales, but for this, I just grab at a regular price, because I need it. It is the only thing that works under the makeup.

I hate the smell of this product but then I realized the smell is a natural. All in all, a great moisturiser. It will keep your acne under control. It isn't the most moisturising in the dead of winter. But in the summer you can get away with this as night cream, and wake up with a nice glow. IN the dead of winter, you can wear this any time you need it, without your skin getting greasy OR matte. I feel that we all could use a moisturiser like this in our cabinet, and it has got great ingredients as well. It is not a miracle performer, but then, most everyday stuff, really is not intended to be, it is intended to keep your skin balanced, and just be something that you can rely on. I like that is is in plastic and not glass as I have enough glass packaged products