July 25, 2014 | 1708 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by genuinewhimsy

I've gone through several containers of this moisturizer. I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin, so it can be tricky to find the right product. All of the Alba products I use have been total home runs for me. I also use the 3-in-1 facial wipes in their Hawaiian line and absolutely love them.
I love that it provides the perfect amount of moisture- its lightweight, gel-cream consistency feels wonderful on the skin. It smells good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Angieinorangecounty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily combination skin and I love this product. I have been using every day for a month now and no breakouts whatsoever however I do not think this was the sole reason why but I do think it helps. I use it every night before going to bed and also under my makeup. I have found a little goes a long way if I use too much it can leave me greasy

Best moisturizer I've ever used!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am really sad that this product did not work for me since I love Alba's gentle acne wash fruit detox system. I could tell the moment I put this moisturizer on that it exacerbated (made worse) my already irritated skin. The product is highly fragranced and though it feels thick when scooping it with your fingers, the cream is not really moisturizing at all. It feels a bit of a frangranced greasy feel to your skin. Recently my skin has broken out terribly (due to stress, traveling, etc) and I was hoping if I completed my skin regimen with another alba product it would make it better. Unfortunately this has not been the answer to better skin for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this product does not stop spots. it's oil free and does not make skin worse. i chose this because i have oily spot prone skin and wanted something natural that didnt make my skin clogged...that's exactly what it is! it doesn't clog my pores and makes my skin smooth and plump. people reviewing this are searching for the wrong things when using this product. if you want to treat your spots use teatree oil or something before hand. to apply i pat the cream on lightly and let it sink in, i do not rub - that only irritates the skin and causes it to get more angry and dirty.....also IT SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturiser does not claim to be an acne fighting moisturiser. Yes, I am acne prone myself. But acne prone skin people still need the benefit of an emollient moisturiser. This will not treat the acne on your skin. You need other skincare/prescription products for that. It just promises not to exacerbate you acne. I have oily skin and when I do makeup, i like a face that is as matte as possible but without being flat. But I order to achieve that, you cant have dry/dehydrated skin underneath. I guess this is what it is does - it hydrates more than moisturises. so many times, you hear people use the term dry...well oily skin obviously does not get dry, but more so dehydrated. I have gotten dry skin before (mostly, when I have stripped your skin with a really drying/bad product, or even in the winter, after coming out of the shower but that is more temporary dryness) and I know the difference. This is the best moisturiser/hydrating lotion that works as a primer by preventing the foundation from sliding off (some moisturisers are terrible under makeup and wither cause uneven application and patches or your makeup to slide off all together). IT also provides the inner glow that you can get away with for an oily skin person without it being dewy whatsoever. An oily skin girl does not need any dewiness or anything luminous.

It is thicker and not the easiest to spread all over, that is my only gripe. Oh and as well as it being expensive. I pay $17-$20 easily for this, but I cannot go without it. And that is an investment. I can't stock up on a product like this because it is just too expensive, even when it is on sale. I usually look for sales, but for this, I just grab at a regular price, because I need it. It is the only thing that works under the makeup.

I hate the smell of this product but then I realized the smell is a natural. All in all, a great moisturiser. It will keep your acne under control. It isn't the most moisturising in the dead of winter. But in the summer you can get away with this as night cream, and wake up with a nice glow. IN the dead of winter, you can wear this any time you need it, without your skin getting greasy OR matte. I feel that we all could use a moisturiser like this in our cabinet, and it has got great ingredients as well. It is not a miracle performer, but then, most everyday stuff, really is not intended to be, it is intended to keep your skin balanced, and just be something that you can rely on. I like that is is in plastic and not glass as I have enough glass packaged products

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by polkadots1019

I love This moisturizer!! It doesn't make me break out. It's so lightweight and it smells so nice and light. It gives me a dewy look. I use it all year round under my make up or by itself. It lasts a really long time so you get a lot of product for the price as you only need a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is THE BEST moisturizer i have EVER! used. this is the only moisturizer that dose not add oil to my face and make me brake out. its more gel like then cream like witch i love. its very light and has a nice smell. Although i still get breakouts and this is not responsible for them, its a grate moisturizer i Highly recommend it! i still try other moisturizers because i am a bit of skin care junkie. But I will always buy this its a grate basic stand by for me and it works really well. Very moisturizing even oily skin needs to be moisturized as you age your skin will be grateful and you'll thank yourself for decades of moisturizing witch is exactly what I will do with this amazing jar of tropical magic!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by franciepants

I've been using this for about a year now, off and on. I've tried other products but keep coming back to this. Why do I leave it if I love it? Because aren't we all looking for the next miracle?

My skin has become so sensitive the past few months, after trying some other skin care which made my skin burn like heck and put little tears (burns?) on my forehead. I used to be combo, then combo/normal, now becoming more dry with age, but still with the strawberry pores on my nose. I also have tons of broken caps (from CPAP mask).

Although I don't consider this doing any true anti-aging (everything anti-aging is playing havic on my skin), it is a calm, smooth moisturizer for me. Leaves my skin silky soft.

I happen to love the scent (refreshing). The light gel-like texture feel great. I put it on my damp skin and it really spreads wonderfully. Don't need much so it truly is a bargain.

I have and will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tanyalorrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So lets get the basics down. I have moderate cystic acne that is caused by hormones. I thought I would give this a shot because the lady at the health food store said it was good for acne prone skin and there was nothing bad in it. I have been using a $40 moisturizer that was not helping it hindering my acne so the price was what got me. After a couple weeks I had to stop using it. Not only did I still have my regular deep but easily concealable cystic acne but I had broken out in what seemed like millions of little white heads which look like crap when you put makeup over them. Thus product is not non-comedogenic and is horrible for acne prone skin. Also, I don't have sensitive skin and usually can handle heavily scented products but not this one. It burns like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sushie03

brought this product 4 days ago it is a good moisturizer makes my skin silky smooth and smells good too the thing is that it got zit like big time the next day after the first time i used this product . =( waste of money.