August 23, 2014 | 1779 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 208 Small Angled Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

My favorite brow brush. I loved it so much I bought two. It makes applying the gel cream from MAC a breeze. You make the line thick or thin, cleans easily, bristles do not fall out, and this brush will last years if you take care of it. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Saufi1991

Great brush for applying my eyebrow and easy cleaning the brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Full disclosure: I used to hate MAC. In my youth, I tried a variety of their products and simply didn't get the hype. At all. I'd read glowing reviews about one of their products du jour or one of their "must have products" (like their Spice liner which makes me look like a corpse) and just didn't understand why I couldn't find anything in their line I liked. I even tried one of their eye brushes once and still didn't get it so I tossed the brush (Yes, I am kicking myself for tossing a perfectly good MAC brush!). It's possible that 20-something me didn't know how to use the brush, Studio Fix or the aforementioned Spice lip liner properly but I felt like everything in their line just wasn't me. In the past few months, I've gotten serious about learning how to do my makeup properly. For that, you need proper brushes and my drug store brushes just weren't cutting it. I decided to reapproach MAC with a more open mind mainly because nearly every beauty blogger recommends their brushes. MAC is basically inescapable. After getting a few of their brushes (and eyeshadows which are a dream!), I finally get why people love this line. MAC brushes are simply the best and the 208 is right up there at the top.

I purchased Laura Mercier's Cake Liner recently and have been using e.l.f's angled brush to apply it. Thus far, that brush has worked well enough but it has a slightly larger surface area than the 208 and getting a solid thin line was difficult for me. I went to the MAC counter at Macy's a few weeks back and decided "What the hey!", and got this brush. I'm really, really glad I did. Using the 208 to apply liner, even gel liner like Fluidline or Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Liner, makes the whole job so much easier. This brush is small and stiff which makes creating a thin line near/on the lash line a breeze. I get a completely different look using this brush than my e.l.f brush. My technique still isn't perfect and I still have to take my time lining my lash line but I get great results so it's worth it.

At $19.50, the 208 certainly isn't the most expensive brush out there but it's still a nice chunk of change to spent on something so tiny. I'm all for using cheaper alternatives but the 208 blows my e.l.f brush out of the water so I can rationalize the price. With proper care, brushes should last for years so that too helps with my rationalization. One bit of information - I wouldn't buy a MAC brush online unless it's from a seller you trust, an authorized dealer or the official site. I'm big on buying pricey items on eBay if you can get them cheaper but there are far too many counterfeit floating around out there. In the long run, I think it's easier to spend the full amount and get the real deal. If you're on the fence about buying this, jump to the other side and run to a MAC store or counter. This is easily one of the best makeup investments I have made in a long, long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for defining and sculpting brows. I love a well sculpted brow and this brush allows me to achieve that look. I also recently bought another one for lining my top lids with gel liner. This brush makes lining so easy. It's thin enough to get close to the lash line and you could also adjust how thick or thin you want your lines to be. The angle of the brush also makes it quite easy to achieve a winged out look. I've used my original brush almost everyday for 4 years, and it's still in excellent condition. No splaying or shedding. Great brush to have for brows and eye lining.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews here to use as a brow brush. It does a really good job of filling in the brows with powder shadow (Bobbi Brown Mahogany in my case). It also works brilliantly as an eyeliner brush - I sometimes use it to press the same Mahogany shadow into my lashline for that naturally-thick-lashes look, great for casual makeup days. I can get a much finer line for this effect than with my Bobbi Brown eyeliner brushes, and the flat angled brush makes it very easy to control the line you want to create. The dense bristles pick up and deposit colour where you want it, without any annoying loose flecks of powder flying off. Everyone who wears makeup should own this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new eyebrow brush, so I did a lot of research on different ones. I already have a MAC 266, and that's way too big for my taste, but I read this was quite a bit smaller. It's a small, angled synthetic/natural hair mix, and it's the perfect size for eyebrows! I have a brow powder and a gel that I use, and this works great to apply both. It's also great to apply gel eyeliner. I love Mac brushes, and they will last you forever. I haven't had any shedding, and I use baby shampoo to clean it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I have two of those, one for brows and another for fluidline. I like that this brush is very thin, dense and firm and not scratchy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by yes0r

The 208 brush works a treat to the eyebrows!! You can really work your eyebrows to any shape, I particularly like making my brows square and end with a flick. Because the brush is so narrow you have plenty to work with and blending into your brows so it doesn't have a full on fake look. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a good quality brush for working with your brows. Unlike MAC angled eyeliner brush this one has stiffer bristles which allow to really blend eyebrow color being it either brow pencil or a shadow. The shape of the brush is good for working in between brow hairs as well as using the flat edge or the tip.
It lasts a really long time, doesn't shed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I bought it for filling in my brows, works great!