November 25, 2014 | 980 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 212 Flat Definer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a NC50 shade. As per what another user said I also use it to apply NC45 concealer along the brow bone to get that definition. AS a newbie with make up I can say that this brush is very easy to use and give my concealed a flawless look. It's the only brush I use every day/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is so multipurpose. I use it to apply concealer along the brow bone to get that definition. Fantastic for applying gel liner and when doing the flick just one push and you are there just connect with the line and you have a perfect cat eye. I agree that you shouldn't drag the brush just push each time if that makes sense. I love it also for applying shadow below the waterline. It doesn't apply too thick like I used to use the 219 pencil brush. I really would say that the 212 should be a firm staple in anyone's brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by addikted

My 212 is the brush I use everyday, without fail.

- Works great with regular eyeshadows, eyeliner gels, wet/dry loose eye dusts and creams.
- brilliant tight-lining brush! Creates a line so even and thin, that it looks like I just have perfectly lush lashes
- builds from a fine line to a wider line easily, just tip the brush at an angle to adjust the width - or simply go back over again to make it a little thicker.
- never, never blurs lines. This will get you using and loving tight lining or regular lining with e/shadows like a pro. Seriously, it makes it a breeze.
- I use MAC Black Tied regularly as a liner with this brush. Heaps of people say 'hey nice eyeliner!'
- works fabulously with Fluidtrack
- makes Napoleon Perdis loose eyedusts (wet with a drop of the NP cake line sealer in the lid) into fabulously rich, vibrant, smooth eyeliners in any colour you can create.
- Can use brush in a fluid line, sweeping across lash line, or press into lash line - push and wiggle.

I cannot live without this brush. I've owned it for years and it's still going strong. It is perfectly shaped, not too wide and not too narrow, the size if the brush is so easy to work with.

Like most MAC brushes, it has the black handle and the writing/logo can tend to wear off but I can still see the 212 on it. Lovely quality and super versatile for eyes.

I sometimes use this to shade up in the crease, it does flicks and winged eyes neatly and easily, I sometimes just keep on with the same brush and shade in as needed.

There are other flat liner brushes and angle brushes - try this one - it is not too wide and not too fiddly to get a smooth, clean line every time! And tight lining is a breeze!! Give it a go, it's so effective.

I am going to buy a couple more of these so I can switch colours quickly and also I want to make sure I'm never without this brush.

Oh and a really fast way to do an interim clean with this brush, especially if using gels or wet tight lining, is just get one of those little cotton round (disc shaped cotton wool) and lay the brush flat, double the cotton disc over to be a half moon, press down and gently slide the brush out. It does not ruin or pull on bristles, rather it gently draws the gel etc out in just a couple of swipe throughs - great if you are in a hurry or somewhere without brush cleaner. I do this often and my brush works good as new.

Highly recommend the 212!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most amazing eyeliner brush I have ever had. It is not only fantastic as a liner (on the lid or in the waterline) but I use this to fill in my brows, it makes them look precise, neat, and clean, no smudges! I love this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've never been able to apply eyeshadow under my lower lashline perfectly, it always seemed to be a little choppy, uneven or too thick. I've tried lots of brushes, the 219, 226, No7 etc but none of them gave me a nice, straight, thin line. I noticed that my favourite YT guru Jaclyn Hill always seems to use this brush to apply shadow to her lower lashline so I decided to get it. Well, my troubles seem to be over! I dip this brush into my chosen shadow and glide it through my lower lashline. I get the thin, straight line I've been desiring for so long. It's synthetic, good quality and multi-purpose - you can use it for tightlining, brows, eyeliner, so definitely one to invest in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Aleyneqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Dear lord you're not supposed to GLIDE this over your lashes. It's a push liner brush and you PUSH the product into your lash line and tightline. Just pick up some eyeshadow or gel eyeliner, PUSH the product in and wiggle it a bit and do the same to the rest of the space. Do NOT use this as a normal eyeliner brush. Remember to use it ON the base of your lashes and not as an eyeliner above your lashes!

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite brush, along with the MAC 239. I use this to:

- tightline my upper and lower lashes
- line my eyes with powders and gels (each "push" covers a lot of territory!)
- apply gel liner to my waterline (very gently!)
- smudge my lower and/or upper lashline
- create narrow gradients of color along my lower lashline

Because I do at least one of those things every single day, this brush is indispensable. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by chezzagaga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can honestly say that the bad reviews are down to people that dont know how to use this brush. i use to be someone that had no clue about makeup and brushes, but after some hard research and practice, im finaly there. honestly, this brush is amazing IF you know how to use it correctly. i use it with the mac black track gel liner and it gives a lovely line. the trick is not to drag the brush along.. just place it on the lash line, hold it in position and gently move back and forth, then lift the brush and move along. .. dont know if i have worded that correctly but just dont drag. absolutly lovely brush. and yes mac brushes are pricey but it will last you years! i know people who have had brushes for 10 years by mac. well worth the investment. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The 212 is so good for lining with eyeshadows on your upper and lower lid, and also for smudging out eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this brush in my makeup bag and I love it with a passion. This brush will always remain one of my favorite brushes or even makeup tools. Thank you for making this amazing brush Mac