Avon Color Trend Lipstick - All Shades

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/27/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got this as a gift a while ago, and as part of a Project Pan, I was intent on using up this lipstick. However, I couldn't really identify it, because although the side of the lipstick tube said 'Color Trend,' the color on the bottom said it was "Senior Red," which is not one of the colors listed in the image above (or elsewhere on the Internet). I am pretty sure it is an Avon lipstick though (since I got it from my mom, who works for Avon).

Ultimately, this lipstick is just fine. It is pigmented (and lasts very long if you apply, blot, re-apply, re-blot, and so on), but not quite pigmented and creamy enough to color my top lip to be the same as the bottom lip (my top lip is darker than my bottom lip), and the result was quite patchy. The 'Senior Red' color itself (assuming you can find it anywhere) is a bright, cool-toned red, that only becomes brighter after a couple of hours (I'm assuming because it oxidizes).

The packaging is a problem -- there is no real bottom to the tube, so even after it was no longer possible to apply lipstick straight from the tube, there was about 1/2 inch of lipstick stuffed down the tube that was un-reachable. A waste of product, but ultimately I'm glad to be done with this lipstick, because it was just okay.

I have one of these colortrend kiss n go lipsticks in the colour Amethyst. They are really smooth and soft to apply and smell really nice too! Amethyst isn't matte but isn't really shimmery either it's somewhere in the middle which I love. the shade is a pinky berry colour its not too dark it's really pigmented though it definitely wont wash you , I like wearing this shade more in the winter! I think they recently changed the packaging for these though! I hope they still have the same names!

on 2/1/2013 2:10:00 AM

I love this lipstick. If I could I'd have them in every colour possible =) They smell amazing, they don't dry my lips out and I'm satisfied with how long they stay on my lips. The only down side is the package. It looks cheap. Oh, well, we can't have everything. But for the price you can't really miss. I've got three of the colours already, but I'll buy more!

Update : Avon changed the packaging to a white sturdy one , which is much better , more over ; it has added some amazing new colours and finish , I think the formula is much better as well now five deserved lippies and will add the newer ones I obtained .
I think Avon did a good job with this lipstick range ; very good price , moderate staying power , and not too drying or funny smells and taste ..
My only complain is the colours in the catalogue look so much different than the real ones whether in the bullet or swatched ...
I have them in :
Sequin = Sparkly pinky nude colour
Pink Sunrise = very matt pinkish-nude
Raisin Wine = light matt reddish brown
Amethyst= light amethyst violet (I used to have it years ago but still available )
Flirt = light orangey colour with neutral undertone.
Poppy Love = Tomato red , with a neutral undertone .
Rich Ruby = red , with very slight berry undertone .
I love all the colours , but you have to know they are mostly sheer , not the creamy strong pigmented texture I personlly prefer in lipstick ..However , if you prefer your lipsticks to be on the lighter side of colours, I strongly recommend them.
I would repurchase because of the price & if I needed some "summery" light lipsticks instead of gloss.

average staying power , a bit drying effect on my lips
but the reason I would not like to repurchase this stuff is the color
selection . the colors on the reality is most of the time very
diffrent than those in Avon magazine

on 12/27/2009 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is an average lipstick, Mine is color trend Kiss 'n' go pink sunrise shade, It's very faint pink, I ware lip gloss on it to give it some shine, It's pretty matte on its own.

on 1/8/2009 9:33:00 AM

I have received this as a gift and wasn't enthusiastic about it at all. But as I started using it, I did get to like this product. I have it in Dazzling Pout, which is a sheer sparkly plum going into pinks. The shade is great, but it is just a simple sheer lipstick with no extras to it. Nice color, pleasant texture, sweet candy smell, sparkles and a girly tube design. Nothing special in the overall. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/10/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

this was my first lipstick ever!!! i bought the heart shaped lipstick (i thought they were so cute!) in berry nude and berry blissful. well, i LOVE them!!!! the colour is fantastic, and only 3 each - thats fantastic!!!! i'm not used to lipstick so i'm not sure if u r supposed to reapply them again because i sure did - the colour faded and it made my lips a bit dry!!!! they were sheer, so if ur scared of trying lipstick, try these because the colours are fantastic. Berry nude, looks like u have nothing on, but it has a nive pinky shimmer - so if u don't want to go dramatic, this is for u. berry blissful - nice pinky purply colour - it goes on sheer so its great for anyone. i plan to get all the colours now since i love them so much!!!

on 2/6/2008 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am reviewing this for the Valentine special lipsticks. I have it in Berry Nude and Berry Sparkle. Berry Nude is a light purple shade with a hint of brown, very wearable, and the right amount of sheerness and color. Berry sparkle is much more vibrat, with a bright purplish color that's a little too loud, the only reason I wear it is because it's sheer. Overall a happy purchase at $2.99. each!

on 2/1/2008 7:54:00 PM

I bought three of the Color Trend Valentine's Day lipsticks that are for 2008. I really like these, as I do some previous color trend lipsticks I have already. The texture of these is not like other Avon lipsticks (I also like many of those) but is more sheer and has a satin finish, goes in smooth with not really any lipstick thick feel. Berry Nude is a pinky-purple, slightly silver nude with a hint of brown and slight shimmer, very sophisticated if you like that kind of color. Rose Berry is more of a standard coral-rose color, much less shimmer, if any at all and the brightest color of the three I bought. It has just a hint of brown. I mix this with the nude color because rose isn't the best color on me, as usual. The Berry Pretty is a muted magenta with slight silver shimmer. I'm about NC20 with mauve lips, so that brings out the purple tone in these for me, but they actually look quite natural. They have a fruity smell, but this is hardly noticeable after a few minutes. Staying power is good. They cost $2.99 each, so I just ordered the other three colors. These would be fun to try if you look good in lipsticks with a sophisticated purple tone. I've been wearing these with gold tone eyeshadows because I have to wear warm and cool tones, not a whole face of one or the other. If you really need warm tones, you may not like these, although I'm not very qualified in saying what colors look good on anyone.

Popular Lipsticks