December 19, 2014 | 1209 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 225 Tapered Blending Brush [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this is discontinued because it's a great brush and there is not really anything like it out there. It's so versitle because it can be used for eyes or face products.
Obviously it can be used to blend eye shadow... It's like a giant size 224. But I love it for applying Benefit camoflague powder underneath my eyes. It's also great for highlighting! I wish this was still available because i'd love to have another one to use only for blending while I use the one I have mainly for setting under eye concealer.
If you can find this- it's defintitely worth it! I've had mine for years and it's still in great shape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For some reason my counter still had these, with the larger lettering on the handle to boot, this brush is ANCIENT! But I love it. It is the perfect size to apply powder, powder concealer, or the LM Secret Brightening powder under the eye. Also great for buffing out the edges of e/s or applying highlighter to the cheekbones. Precise it is not, but it is one of those rare brushes that is the perfect in-between size to use both on the face and the eyes. Pity MAC discontinued it, but I've seen it at the CCO, so it's still around. And the Pixiwoo girls love it, what better incentive is that?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dork

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just like every other MAC brush out there, this brush is quite the multitasker. Bigger version to the 224, it's great for contouring, smoothing out of eyeshadow, application of concealer to the eye area, highlighting, and i'm sure there is a slew of other things this brush can do. It's really soft and fluffy and made of pony hair. Bad news? - As usual with MAC, it has been discontinued. A dupe (I think) would be the Inglot 4SS brush. However, if you are lucky enough to spot one at a CCO, get it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is yet another excellent brush from MAC. This blender brush is designed to smooth out eyeshadows and really blend the colors together! I love the fact that this brush also works as a face brush I use it to contour the areas of my nose as well and under my eyes..
Pros: multi-purpose
Cons: a bit pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite brush ever! I first discovered it when I had a MAC make-over recently and the MU artist used this for concealer, eyeshadow blending and applying blot power in hard to reach places such as under eyes and around the nose area. I am reviewing this for use with concealer as I do not wear eyeshadow. This is so much better than my MAC concealer brush (195) in my opinion - I find that by applying concealer to my blemishes and then gently dabbing/tapping with the 225 the concealer seems to hit the right places and just blends in perfectly. I have given a 3 for packaging as the brush only comes in a thin plastic sleeve, a 4 for price as I feel that all of MAC's brushes are expensive, however it gets 5 out of 5 overall, because if I had to replace this, I would do so without a shadow of a doubt as I simply couldn't live without this brush now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of 3 of my all time fave e/s brushes. I use this for a wash, and to blend sometimes. The head is fairly large / fluffy, but the way this brush picks up e/s and deposits is the best.

My other 2 fave e/s brushes are MAC 224 and 217. They are all you need for e/s IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by norali

I love all the brushes form MAC. I have tried other brands but none are as easy for application, give a great look, are soft to the touch, and last as long as the ones from MAC! This one especially for creating that perfect eye crease. Everyone always compliments my eyes and my make up application. And this is one of my tricks! It is worth the price because if you take good care of it (and the hairs never fall off compared to other cheaper brands) its an investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

Great brush, lasts a long time, very soft bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by gotluv4MAC

I love this blending brush. It is great for blending eye shadow when I've applied it too heavy in one spot and need to spread the color all over the lid. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Shavwi

This brush is fabulous for blending! I use it to blend out my crease color - it works very well in blending out dark shadows that can be hard to work with for a smoky look. It is very full and incredibly soft - it feel luxurious when you sweep it across your eye area. I would absolutely purchase this again.