October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lip Gloss - Sally Hansen - Lip Prisms

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MistressOfPuppets

I was very disappointed with this... there's barely any gloss for the price, the applicator either spits out very little or too much gloss, the consistancy is thin and doesn't last past 5 minutes, and it seemed to settle into the lines of my lips. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2004 More reviews by cstar_1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lip color! I bought it in Pink Opal and it was just what I was looking for. The color makes your lips look a great shimmery pastel pink which is what I wanted, but if you want it to be truly opalecent you have to apply alot of it every little while. One of the best things about it is it stays shiny for along time without being sticky. The one drawback is the tube it comes in, you have to click it quite a bit to get a little bit of product(turning it upside down while clicking it helps a bit)and then the product is applied with a fuzzy little tip that I didn't like. Other than the tube it was a great product and would recommened it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by WonderStruck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this at Walgreens and thought the concept was really cool. Well I brought it home and noticed I had to "click" it almost 40 times for any of the gloss to come out. I hate how they deceived you into thinking that you actually get a decent amount of product when in actuallity you only get a small amount. Plus it does not go on my lips very well. It doesn't give you a prismatic effect either. So I definitely wont be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2004 11:56:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Darn. I thought this would be a replacement for my discontinued Cafe Society Lip gloss. But the irredescence does fade. The gloss itself is a 4 to me as I really like the (very)sheer colors these end up to be, and the flavor is better then most. There seems to be 1/3 less gloss in my Pink Opal even though I just bought it yesterday and have used it only twice. And my coral one has an air bubble. Please, cosmetics companies-- spend less on packaging! What a waste of time clicking forever to get the stuff to come out! And shame on you Sally Hanson for putting almost no product in here!!!!! I am sure your chemists spent a lot of time creating something good, only to have it put in crappy packaging. Tsk!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2004 11:47:00 PM More reviews by norae

I got this in Ruby Opal, which is a *beautiful* holographic rainbow shade in the tube. The entire spectrum is in there. I'd be overjoyed if it showed up like that on my lips, as they indicate it will in the package photo. Unfortunately, all I can get is clear glossiness. The texture is really runny, too. The base tint of the gloss is a pinkish purple, but even that didn't show up on my pigmented lips. The packaging is nice - a clear click pen with a brushed gold twisty end and a clear cap. The smell is somewhere between OK and nice - smells a lot like an orange popsicle to me. For $4.99, I feel I've been ripped off. And yet, it's so pretty in the tube that I can't bring myself to return it. Argh!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

A neat idea- I got the lavender iridescent one (the name was maybe Ruby Opal or something that made NO sense with the color!) It is actually the holographic effect of the Nail Prisms line captured in a lipgloss. That's the good part- a truly unique color. Unfortunately, that's about it as far as goodness goes. The texture SUCKED. I mean it was thin, oozy, and lasted maybe 2 minutes. The applicator (annoying clicky pen thing, but with a slanted felt tip) was utter crap with such a thin gloss- the second time I used it, I honestly had to click about 8 million times, which moved the plunger about an entire 1/4 inch into the product, and NOTHING. (Clicketyclicketyclickety.. WILL I EVER SEE THE GLOSS AGAIN???) The color was cool by itself, though not really very dark- just rainbow oilslick-like iridescence. Unfortunately it utterly disappeared over any other lippie. Too bad! To sum up my ramblings: admire in package, then pass by.