September 14, 2014 | 2098 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Sensitive Skin Solutions Oily Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by valleylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was disappointing.

The cons: It is labelled as "foaming cleanser" yet it hardly bubbled upon application. The packaging is a bad combination of hard to use tube shape and badly designed cap. It is a runny consistency, which makes it difficult to apply to your face. It has a somewhat offputting fragrance. It does not do a good job of removing makeup, leading to use of more product or other products (see some of the reviews below.)

The pro: It didn't irritate or tighten my skin.

Overall, it wasn't worth the price and I will not repurchase. There are other, better options.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 8:15:00 PM More reviews by fme143

Good stuff! I have oily yet sensitive skin (I use Retin-A micro every night) so it's often difficult to find a cleanser for oily skin that isn't very harsh. This doesn't completely remove makeup, especially eye makeup, so I either use a Pond's makeup removing towelette beforehand, or just use it to wash my face in the morning. The packaging is handy for travel, but it is a bit awkward to fumble with the cap in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by coldan0547

I liked this product. It smells great and does take away excess oil. I don't have sensitive skin. I bought this because i saw it at my local dollar store, and for a dollor it was worth it too see if it would rid my face of excess oil, and it did. It was also very gentle and left my face soft and supple. But this is not for someone fighting acne or blemishes, so do not use and become discouraged. Otherwise if you simply need to battle oiliness this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lizzy_roefs

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER, I HAVE USED SO MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS IS THE ONE PRODUCT THAT ACTUALLY KEEPS MY SKIN FROM GETTING OILY OVER THE DAY. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, I EVEN FIND THAT THE COMBINATION SKIN CLEANSER WORKS WELL. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mollfrith

I agree with others here-- this is TOO DRYING, although the feel of the product-- gel-like, instead of foaming-- would lead you to believe it's gentler than standard acne/oily skin cleansers. I could only ever use a tiny, tiny bit of it, and it didn't do anything either for the oiliness of my skin or for my acne and clogged pores. Didn't seem to affect redness one way or the other.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this face wash because most people who have oily skin don't have sensitive skin so they can pile on all those drying ingredients and heavy duty astringents and stuff but I can barely use anything without getting all red and feeling like my face is on fire. SO when I saw this, I was impressed. However, this product was very very runny going into my hands and didn't clean my face well (I wear ALOT of makeup) and the smell was sooooo strong. AND, it made my face all red. Tell me why I have used SOOOO many things NOT for sensitive skin and they were fine but I use this and I got all red and blotchy! I returned this stuff the very next day. now you know why it's being discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This was my Holy Grail face cleanser before I discovered Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash as a face wash. The J&J is very similar if you're looking for a replacement for this (it seems that they are phasing it out). This Neutrogena product is really great stuff, only the bottle it comes in is poorly designed.NOTE to brandylee and others: The reason some of you had a reaction is probably because you are allergic to the arnica in here. Arnica has antibacterial and healing properties that are good for acne, but it causes an allergic reaction in some. I agree with brandylee that Neutrogena has no business labeling this for sensitive skin, considering it has a possible allergen and contains fragrance, but for me it worked quite well. Neutrogena has a long-standing problem with labeling IME. P.S. The J&J baby wash contains no arnica, if you're interested. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 2:39:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

I love this cleanser. It won't do anything special, so if you want your cleanser to exfoliate or fight acne this isn't for you. However, it gets the oil and makeup off without overly drying your skin or leaving a residue. I used it for over a year, then moved to the west coast and couldn't find it anymore; I've gone from one or two pimples a month to a face full of acne since I ran out and still haven't found a suitable replacement.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Eh. I've tried it a few times and it doesn't impress me enough to make me switch from Old Faithful (Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash). It is very strongly scented like most other Neutrogena products--that weird, perfumey, fruity-floral-rot fragrance. I did not enjoy that at all. The cleanser is a slippery gel that foams up a bit, rinses clean, and did not strip my combo/oily skin. I don't think it's helped with oil-control at all and I don't understand how a product labeled "for sensitive skin" can have such strong fragrance in it. The tube, while sleek and minimalist, is not the most convenient. The original price is not great. I'm definitely not sad that this is seemingly being phased out. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by katiemetz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not have particularly sensitive skin, but I do have oily skin. I tried this cleanser and I was less than impressed. I found it to be drying and it left my skin thirsting for some moisturizer. The packaging is also a pain, especially in the shower. I would not by this product again.