October 30, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - Manic Panic - Raven (Black)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by EvanRachel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the Manic Panic lipsticks. I have Hells Bells,Green Envy,and of course,Raven. These lipsticks great quality,and the color goes on great. I'm not sure why the reviewer decided that the Raven is only good for Halloween and that 'adult goths' wouldn't like it,but I happen to love this line,and especially the Raven color. Only brand I like a bit more is Lime Crime's lipstick line.
would definetely repurchase,and try out a few new shades,also. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by RavenOctober

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been sporadically wearing black lipstick for he past 13 years,and this is the best one I have come across. I purchased this almost a year and a half ago,and I just love it!(Doesn't hurt that my daughter's name is Raven,also) :) ....I also have the GReen Envy and Hells Bells lipsticks,also! Would definetely repurchase this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick. It's black and matte. This is a great color to wear alone or wear over another color. It doesn't dry out my lips like lipsticks from so e other brands and it seems to wear longer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Vilekiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Manic Panic's lipstick in Raven is every goth girl's safe bet. It wears a lot better than most black lipsticks and it's easy to find. It wears long and it doesn't feel greasy. The best part of Raven is that it can be mixed and layered with other colors. I'm not too fond of black lipstick as it makes my lips appear "fat," but I border it with a nude lipstick to fix that. It's a fun, great lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have atleast 7 of their lipsticks,i just love the hard to find colors! they are a bit dry putting on but they dont have that nasty taste some lipsticks have and you can mix them for cool effects. i have this color ofcourse which is my fav black lipstick! they have great staying power too which is prob y they are so dry. im a dye hard fan of their products!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Response to the review before last- I wear black lipstick! (Okay, so I mix it with red for a neat effect but I have some. That I wear.)
It is really drying, but most of Manic Panic's lipstick is. I have been trying to find the blue-purple color they used to have (with no glitter!). I normally use it with Vaseline over it (the stuff goes on horribly with it under).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Suriya

I like the color. But the texture went from oily(when applying) to dry. Make Up For Ever has a better black lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an ok lipstick- I think its more meant for people playing 'goth dress up' or teenagers who want to wear it for Halloween, but if you're a true adult goth who lives her life in the dark, this isnt the lipstix for you. It's quite drying, it IS cheap, and I would only buy it as an absolute last resort (if every other shade of blood red and deep plum vanished off the face of the earth.. besides, no goth I know wears black lipstick ;D). There are better black lipsticks out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Shinku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this about a year ago and it still hasn't gone bad... It has a vanilla-like smell and goes on fairly smoothly. I would reccomend wearing lipliner (black eyeliner) with it, otherwise I find it takes away from the shape of the lips. I wish I could wear this more often, I have to take time putting it on because it is so dark and is easy to make mistakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 5:05:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What?! Cheap makeup? Hardly!!! This is the best black lipstick I've ever tried, and I've tried them all. Maybe the previous reviewer just got a bad tube(it can happen with any cosmetic), but I found MP's Raven to be superb in every aspect. Appearance: simple black & silver tube. Application: smooth, creamy, & even. Better than Lancome's l/s, IMO. Scent/taste: slightly perfumey & totally non-offensive. Wear: lasts hours & hours. I wore this every day in high school & I'd only have to reapply every 3-4 hours & when I ate lunch. I bought my tube of Raven in 1997, I still have it to this day, and it is exactly the same as is was when I first bought it. No deterioration whatsoever. I have $25 lippies that have turned stinky & gross after 1 or 2 years, but my Raven is pushing 8 & is still good. I quit wearing it every day a long time ago, but whenever I need black lips, this is what I reach for.