January 29, 2015 | 973 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew11

this mascara provides GREAT definition. It lengthens and volumizes wonderfully. The staying power is excellent, might I add. It stays on better than a lot of waterproof mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:39:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised that this mascara does not have higher ratings.

This is my go-to mascara and have purchased it over and over, and will continue to do so. I like it because it shows up rather heavily on my eyelashes, which is a quality I look for in a mascara, and something that is hard to find. If I don't wear a mascara that really coats the lashes and gives them the illusion of length, my blonde lashes make me look a bit like a newborn.

The mascara lasts all day and does not flake. The only thing I notice is that it takes me a while to remove it with makeup remover because it is quite coated on. I find this is comparable to some of Dior's (the mascara that comes in a gold tube) and YSL's mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 8:30:00 PM More reviews by SouthernPeachieBelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara truly lives up to the hype. More often than not that is not the case. I am grateful to report this product delivers. After a couple applcations, lashes are longer, denser, thicker, and sensual.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:59:00 AM More reviews by nebulan123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is quite good. I already have long thick eyelashes, so I have found this mascara to be very natural on my eyes which I like. It is not clumpy, it does not overly volume up your lashes, I would say it is perfect. The only thing I didn't like was that my tube of mascara dried out within two months of purchase, that and in general I felt as if the actual mascara itself was more of a dry crumbly formula rather a wet one. In terms of application though, for the first two months the formula was not a problem. For the price, I would have expected it to have lasted longer. I would of purchased it again if it did not dry out so fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lulabelle123

I can't live without this mascara, it is the only one I use (except hypnose waterproof for the beach of very humid weather). I lengthens, separates, never smudges, gives great volume and holds my curl really well. I don't even bother purchasing other mascaras anymore as they are just a waste on money. I don't know how many tubes I have been through of this stuff but it is definitely a HG product of mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by IrisFvH

After i stopped using Hypnose Star because it had fragrance in it which irritated my eyes i tried the original Hypnose. This mascara has everything I need in a mascara!
Yes its expensive, yes theres only 6 ml in it but oh my... its so amazing.

Volume, YES. length, YES, doesnt smudge, doesnt clump, doesnt flake. Comes of with Lancome Bi Facil perfectly.

I finally found my HG :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by adinghy

I do like this product but I wish it did more to hold my curl, the waterproof formula is much more preferable, but as with all waterproof formulas, they tend to get a little more clumpy. Also, this tube can cost up to 25! Mascaras from Boots seem so much more worth the money. Also works much better if a little drier, it builds volume amazingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ladylazarus

Received a GWP tube. I like this product well enough, but I don't think it's worth the price that Lancome demands.

I agree with a reviewer below that one needs to be careful when loading up for application. The brush is lovely and lush, but it picks up too much of the product, which leads to clumpy lashes and smudging on my lower lashline. I can brush these clumps out with an eyebrow comb, but I shouldn't have to do this with a HE product. Harumph.

I do like this mascara's bold lengthening and volumizing properties--indeed, it accomplishes both of these things well, without leaving flakes all over the place. It's also quite good at keeping a curl. Shame the price point makes it such a risk.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara which has been able to add volume and length to my lashes without 1) flaking, 2) smudging everywhere, and 3) irritating my eyes. When applying multiple layers in succession, I've found that it does clump. Hypnose is quite pricey for a mascara. When my current tube runs out, I'll be on the hunt for my HG again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Smileygirl23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been using Lancome Hypnose for over five years now. It is the only mascara to date that makes my lashes super full, long at the same time while still appearing natural. My lash length doubles with this product. amazing!