September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Cleansers - L'Oreal - All Clear Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's difficult to believe these reviews are for the same product as the one currently sitting on my bathroom windowsill, and I rather think they might not be. After all, the L'Oreal cleansing oil I have definitely does have mineral oil in it as its main ingredient.
I don't mind the consistency of this, and it washes off well. It smells and tastes like Gucci Rush 2, which is perfectly pleasing, but the problem is that it fails to remove more than 60% of my rather light eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by porcaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very good-value alternative to the Fancl's mild cleansing oil (also a very good remover in its own right). It comes in a bigger bottle at a lower price than Fancl's. It removes makeup well and I like it that it is gentle; doesn't leave the face greasy after cleansing (cleans easily), or dry (some cleansing oil seems to strip the face of moisture after cleansing). Except for a weird fragrance (nothing attractive or disturbing about it, so I can still tolerate it), this is a staple in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by shin05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is truly my HG cleansing oil, as yet.
- The very 1st reason why i love this was because it doesnt contain mineral oil, my worst enemy. All other drugstore (and some counter) brands that i've tried had this detestable mineral oil which i didnt know was ruining my skin with all the break outs. I suspected it and indeed, all the products that contained mineral oil broke me out like mad (with at least 5 uber huge cystic acne). This is so far the only drugstore cleansing oil that i've found without mineral oil, and my skin is loving it all the while.
- This drugstore product is really affordable, at around SGD14-25 depending on where you get it. with such a price i dont have to scrimp, i can apply as much as i want.
- This cleansing oil is not at all viscous, making it extremely easy for me to spread all over my face. It has a very light fragrance which is acceptable for me.
- This cleansing oil stings my eye at times when i emulsify it though.
- Will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an alternative to Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil, and I think this works just as well, for a fraction of MCO's price and no short expiry date to boot. (I can get it at S$16.50 at certain stores.) It removes all traces of makeup, even mascara.

The fragrance irritated my eyes at first, but I soon got used to it. The consistency is quite watery so it's a little harder to apply than MCO. Overall, I would prefer this over MCO because it's value-for-money and I don't have to worry about it expiring before I can finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by qoo77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my first cleansing oil! does a great job of removing all that paint from face at the end of the day. Turns into a milky fluid and rinses off with water. I follow with a foam cleanser as I have oily acne-prone skin. This is a thin runny oil that sometimes flows down into my eyes if too much is used. And the pump I hate as it sometimes squirts bits of oil away and not directly into my palm.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2005 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Loletta_Mich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A fairly average product with average results. Let's see why this is so:
Packaging & Consistency -
HORRIBLE. With the exception of the nice cooling translucent blue color, the oil seemed to be extremely thin and runny. It was very hard to control this water-like consistency oil in my palms and I had to waste much of it leaking through my fingers and onto the floor. A very troublesome product to use if you ask me. Moreover, I had oily fingers and palms from the first dispense and I needed to depress more on the bottle to get more of it on my palms to replace those that had spilled/leaked away. As expected, the bottle got oily, slippery and I lost the grip... basically the whole process for a single removal was very cumbersome. Perhaps I am not just used to oil. I've now switched over to ZA's Cleansemax for good ( read my reviews on ZA's Cleansemax ) as that does the job just as well but with the added bonus of better handling in a light, bluish gel consistence.
Quality -
Not bad, if only I could get more on my face to massage and wipe off. Basically after squirting tons of times off the bottle to be able to get a sufficient amount on my face in the end, the results were fairly above average yet nothing to rave about either. Like one of the MUA members, my eyes had this blurry sight after application and wiping off which lasts for a little while. Although oily to the touch, the after effect of All Clear didnt felt oily on my oily complexion.

Verdict -
I'll try to finish up this bottle and will not repurchase again.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by haruchan

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Shu Uemura's cleansing oil and found this. For S$20 (after discount), this was a very good deal. It was very effective in removing all of my makep with very little effort. It even took off CoverGirl Outlast lipstick without any problems. Rinses off easily with warm water but I still use another facial cleanser after this to remove all traces of oil as I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is more watery in terms of consistency compared to Shu and doesn't lather up as much but it's still effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2004 10:29:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this better than SU cleansing oil (the 3/4 full SU bottle is stll somewhere in my makeup drawer). If you haven't used an oil cleanser before, it can feel totally icky when you first apply, but this one emulsifies to a milky liquid and rinses off well. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cherrysoda

Altho this din melt my make-up down as quickly as that of Shu Uemura Cleansing oil, it was of less oily texture, which seemed more comfortable. Kinda like the packaging--simple and the color of the bot is quite pleasing @ my make-up desk too! A truly value for money pdt! It's like only S$24.90 for 190ml-- way below the price of SU so I haf no complaints!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ytwan

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SKII's facial treatment gel cleanser, and I came across an article on the benefits of using oil based removers. The SKII SA had also explained to me that oil based makeup removers are basically more effective in removing the grime from your face. So when this product came into the Malaysian market, I grabbed it. Costs RM45.90, which was about three times cheaper than the SKII gel cleanser. The oil had a pleasant scent which was not overly sweet. It turns into a milky substance when it comes into contact with water. I used it to remove my waterproof mascara, and it came off, all of it. So now I don't even have to bother getting a separate eye makeup remover. Face felt clean and soft after using. This is definitely one of the better makeup removers I have tried. Best of all, the price is very reasonable!