November 23, 2014 | 1069 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - 3 Color Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like these eyeshadows. I have owned 4 of these trios now and all of them are essentially the consistency of coloured chalk dust. Very poor colour payoff and a very dusty feeling with tons of fallout. I like all other NYX products I've tried but not these ones. I'm starting to lose faith in drugstore eyeshadows....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Price: Very good. I got a trio at Ulta for a little over $6.

Packaging: Packaged well. I don't use the applicator that comes with it as I use my own brushes, but it does come with one. Only major con is the package is sealed with one of those really annoying sticky tabs that leaves huge amounts of super sticky residue on your eye shadow clasp. I had to use Goo Gone to get it off!

Overall: Very pigmented, not too shiny which is nice so I can wear this to work (I got a neutral palate). Seems to have good staying powder and doesn't seem to crease too badly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have this ts 21 in rust copper bronze.They have really great pigmentation and the staying power is pretty good.
The one downer:
If used with a brush and not sponge tips there is major fall out.Still totally worth buying though because of the great pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Very pigmented, stayed on all day, lovely range of palettes and a decent applicator! Very lovely eyeshadows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I bought this on a whim when picking up NP at Ulta recently. I bought the NYX Triple Eye Shadows for Sexy Eyes Only in white/gray/black. I like doing smokey eye looks so I thought this would be a perfect pallette for me. I like the grey as it has a slight shimmer to it but not over the top "frost" like WnW e/s tends to be (even though I love them). With my blue/grey eyes, the grey looks great as a lid color and I use it to help blend the black when I use the black as a crease color. The black doesn't go on evenly and looks patchy, no matter how carefully I try to apply. I should mention here that I never use primer on my eyelids but I often swipe my lids with my powder or powder foundation before applying eye makeup, and I have never found it necessary to wear primer with any eye shadow brand. I like the color of the black as it is matte, or very close to matte as I don't see any noticeable shimmer. I have rather large eye lids and the black is very flattering when used as a lid color; this shade tends to look less patchy on my lids as I usually wear black eyeliner and mascara. If I use the black in my crease I use the grey to help blend the edges. The white is also very matte so it can look chalky if not applied lightly and blended well. I have only tried this as a highlight under my brows but applied it extremely lightly, then blended my crease color up with grey to the eyebrow area. The best way to describe my use of this trio is blending all three colors together so there is no line of deliniation between the shades. I tightline my lower lashes with black, line my upper lids with black and use black mascara. The perfect smokey eye--DONE. Lippies were taken off for the tiny sponge brushes--practically useless, the chalkiness of the white and patchiness of the black. I would not purchase this brand of eye shadow again as there are so many others out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by nushagol

great quality, very nice packaging and wide variety of beautiful colors ,love it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority here, because i didn't care for this product. I have this in the shade Peretual. It comes with a strawberry pink color, lime green, and brown eyeshadow. I don't find that this blends well at all, and in my experience, it fades off throughout the day. (I don't use eye primer, and I've never had to. This is my first NYX product. I hope that the other eye products are better than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't have any of the trios pictured.. But I do have the Hippie-Chic and Anti-diva trios and I don't care for them. They aren't "horrible" but I definitely wouldn't buy them again. They are hardly pigmented at all.. Especially the lighter colors. (like the white, pearly white and light purple). If you are looking for a pigmented eyeshadow, go for the NYX singles. They are leaps and bounds better, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these trios: Rock & Roll (TS29A) and Nude/taupe/dark brown (TS03). Both are actually similar, but I love neutral palettes with matte and shimmery shades and couldn't make up my mind, so I got them both. I wish I had discovered this brand sooner; I would've never wasted money on other drugstore brands (for eyeshadows, at least). They are creamy, well pigmented and the application is smooth. Staying power is pretty decent if you use a base (I usually simply apply a thin layer of concealer on my lids and it works quite well). I also really like the sponge applicators and the mirrors. My only problem with NYX products is that they are very hard to find in Montreal... I got those at the Brunet in front of Atwater market for ~10$ (each).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by JA44

I got one yesterday, tried it today, and loved it. I'm getting more palettes. The color selection is amazing, applies wonderfully (smooth, didn't flake at all), and pigmentation is superb. Oh, yeah--completely affordable, too! 3 colors for $9 at Ulta. It'll last me forever.

Update: Some trios are definitely better than others for color payoff, so I would look up reviews for specific ones you were thinking of getting before buying. Also, I have found that they can crease sometimes, even with a shadow primer. I haven't tried applying wet, so maybe that would prevent creasing. (note--I have hooded lids, so creasing is more likely on me than the average eye)