November 29, 2014 | 1552 users online

Hair Treatments - Paul Mitchell - Hair Repair Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by zoeD25

My hair dresser recommended I buy this for my bleach damaged hair. Didn't really love it to be honest, it was expensive and made my hair hair feel really coarse and was hard to comb through after rinsing. The Redken Extreme range is much better for damaged hair

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very long, thick hair which I seldom treat or style. I do, however, often get split ends and fly-aways. I was expecting my hair to feel well-conditioned and glossy after using this product, but I was disappointed. I have tried it multiple times over the course of the year-- same mediocre results every time (i.e., I don't notice a difference).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by theTITSstay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I was actually using this product, I wasn't impressed. It smells like sunblock and was difficult to distribute throughout my hair. It was until I rinsed and dried that I realized it is a miracle product. My hair is smooth, shiny, and completely frizz free (on a 100 degree day in July). I will keep using weekly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a week ago and am really liking it. I only ever use treatments on my hair for every wash (in place of standard conditioners) and it's not too heavy at all. It isn't gluggy and thick like a lot of treatments, so when you put it on your hair in the shower it doesn't feel like it's very nourishing. However, upon rinsing it out you can feel the difference already. I normally blow dry my hair straight after it's 80% air-dried and you can really feel the benefits from this product when your hair is smoothed out. The scent is very subtle too and the product does not leave my hair feeling like there is build up like some other treatments can. I will probably repurchase this sometime in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I can't belive I am just now reviewing the Paul Mitchell Products that I have used for years. I try to use this deep conditioner on my hair once a week and it works wonders!! I would highly recommend it! Use it once a week for a month and you will really see a difference!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good rinse-out strengthening treatment. I've used this for years on virgin and color-treated hair, and it's always made my hair much stronger and healthier. I sometimes follow this immediately with a deep conditioner, but don't usually need to. Very utilitarian, easy to work through hair, synthetic lemony scent. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle about few years ago and still have it. I dont use it that often it doesn't really do anything for me. Acutally makes my hair feel really dry and stringy... I love PM products but this one just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nualab67

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is Hair In a Bottle. My hair is frizzy to start with. Add to that, its chemically treated to within an inch of its life. So a conditioner is a must if it is to look half decent after a wash and blow dry. Really, I am trying to say, I have *problem* hair.

My favourite conditioner up until now was Goldwell Biosilk, that I could only buy in hair salon supply shops. This did exactly what we are always asking of our conditioners. It smells devine, a small amount goes a long way, it is an instant de-tangling, ultra softening, baby smoothing formula. The only word which can apply, is that it is super silkening. So why would I look elsewhere? Because, this stuff conditioned superbly, but it did not TREAT the issue. Once it was washed off, I was usually back to square one.

To put this in proportion, if my hair is usually a 0/10 - frizzy, friable, dull, distressed nightmare - then the real change, deep down, that this made to my hair was maybe a 4/10. But the Paul Mitchel, Hair Repair Treatment? This stuff is a miracle.

It DOES NOT condition. It does not make your hair all luuuurvely, and silkly and soft. It does not even smell especially wonderful. BUT, after a few washes of using it (towel dried hair, leave on for 3-5 minutes), MY HAIR IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.

Now my hair is an 8/10. It is more like real hair. Like hair that other people have. Like hair that is not chemically treated at all. And if I skip it for a few washes then the effects still last.

The magic, miracle proteins in this stuff somehow rebuild hair from the inside. I still need some serum after washing. But my hair now has a new lease of life. So great is this stuff, that the long hair I had always dreamed of - but which split ends and ultra frizzing would not allow - is becoming my reality.

Do not buy this if you want a "conditioner". Or if your hair is not in a parlous state. But DO buy this if you want a TREATMENT, and HAIR RESTORATIVE that will re-build your damaged, distressed hair week by week. Hair in a Bottle.

Now I'm off to be a Rapunzel.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by urnimal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product really didn't do anything at all for my hair. It did not help soften, detangle, or moisturize. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sonia786shaban

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this product and have been using it for a while... until today. Today i used a lot of it and coated my ends with it ... after 10 minutes ... my hair drank most of it up ... and after flat ironing my hair ... i can see a huge difference it is a miracle.... my split ends are less visible and my hair seems repaired... lets hope the results are consistent... will update soon...UPDATE.... i hate it.. it just coated my hair... when i washed my hair ... i noticed the same damage