Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 11, Polysorbate 60, PEG 15 Cocopolyamine, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Pyridinium Chloride, Polyisobutene, Squalane, Triisostearin, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Glutamine, Tyrosine (L-Tyrosine), Leucine, Cysteine, Glycine, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey Root), Plantago Major, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein/PEG 12 Dimethicone (Wheat), Dimethiconol Panthenol, Dimethiconol Cysteine, Hyaluronic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triticum Vulgare, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Magnesium Acetylmethionate, Sodium Lactate, Methylsilanol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Acetamide MEA, Sorbitol, Sulfur, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene

on 8/2/2014 4:59:00 AM

My hair dresser recommended I buy this for my bleach damaged hair. Didn't really love it to be honest, it was expensive and made my hair hair feel really coarse and was hard to comb through after rinsing. The Redken Extreme range is much better for damaged hair

I have very long, thick hair which I seldom treat or style. I do, however, often get split ends and fly-aways. I was expecting my hair to feel well-conditioned and glossy after using this product, but I was disappointed. I have tried it multiple times over the course of the year-- same mediocre results every time (i.e., I don't notice a difference).

on 7/3/2010 11:21:00 PM

When I was actually using this product, I wasn't impressed. It smells like sunblock and was difficult to distribute throughout my hair. It was until I rinsed and dried that I realized it is a miracle product. My hair is smooth, shiny, and completely frizz free (on a 100 degree day in July). I will keep using weekly!

on 1/9/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this product a week ago and am really liking it. I only ever use treatments on my hair for every wash (in place of standard conditioners) and it's not too heavy at all. It isn't gluggy and thick like a lot of treatments, so when you put it on your hair in the shower it doesn't feel like it's very nourishing. However, upon rinsing it out you can feel the difference already. I normally blow dry my hair straight after it's 80% air-dried and you can really feel the benefits from this product when your hair is smoothed out. The scent is very subtle too and the product does not leave my hair feeling like there is build up like some other treatments can. I will probably repurchase this sometime in the future.

on 7/9/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't belive I am just now reviewing the Paul Mitchell Products that I have used for years. I try to use this deep conditioner on my hair once a week and it works wonders!! I would highly recommend it! Use it once a week for a month and you will really see a difference!

on 1/24/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very good rinse-out strengthening treatment. I've used this for years on virgin and color-treated hair, and it's always made my hair much stronger and healthier. I sometimes follow this immediately with a deep conditioner, but don't usually need to. Very utilitarian, easy to work through hair, synthetic lemony scent. Will repurchase.

on 10/5/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought a bottle about few years ago and still have it. I dont use it that often it doesn't really do anything for me. Acutally makes my hair feel really dry and stringy... I love PM products but this one just didn't work for me.

on 7/13/2007 9:14:00 PM

This stuff is Hair In a Bottle. My hair is frizzy to start with. Add to that, its chemically treated to within an inch of its life. So a conditioner is a must if it is to look half decent after a wash and blow dry. Really, I am trying to say, I have *problem* hair.

My favourite conditioner up until now was Goldwell Biosilk, that I could only buy in hair salon supply shops. This did exactly what we are always asking of our conditioners. It smells devine, a small amount goes a long way, it is an instant de-tangling, ultra softening, baby smoothing formula. The only word which can apply, is that it is super silkening. So why would I look elsewhere? Because, this stuff conditioned superbly, but it did not TREAT the issue. Once it was washed off, I was usually back to square one.

To put this in proportion, if my hair is usually a 0/10 - frizzy, friable, dull, distressed nightmare - then the real change, deep down, that this made to my hair was maybe a 4/10. But the Paul Mitchel, Hair Repair Treatment? This stuff is a miracle.

It DOES NOT condition. It does not make your hair all luuuurvely, and silkly and soft. It does not even smell especially wonderful. BUT, after a few washes of using it (towel dried hair, leave on for 3-5 minutes), MY HAIR IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.

Now my hair is an 8/10. It is more like real hair. Like hair that other people have. Like hair that is not chemically treated at all. And if I skip it for a few washes then the effects still last.

The magic, miracle proteins in this stuff somehow rebuild hair from the inside. I still need some serum after washing. But my hair now has a new lease of life. So great is this stuff, that the long hair I had always dreamed of - but which split ends and ultra frizzing would not allow - is becoming my reality.

Do not buy this if you want a "conditioner". Or if your hair is not in a parlous state. But DO buy this if you want a TREATMENT, and HAIR RESTORATIVE that will re-build your damaged, distressed hair week by week. Hair in a Bottle.

Now I'm off to be a Rapunzel.

on 6/18/2007 7:16:00 PM

This product really didn't do anything at all for my hair. It did not help soften, detangle, or moisturize. Very disappointed.

I hated this product and have been using it for a while... until today. Today i used a lot of it and coated my ends with it ... after 10 minutes ... my hair drank most of it up ... and after flat ironing my hair ... i can see a huge difference it is a miracle.... my split ends are less visible and my hair seems repaired... lets hope the results are consistent... will update soon...UPDATE.... i hate it.. it just coated my hair... when i washed my hair ... i noticed the same damage

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products