October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Daily Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lee2an

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this thinking its gonna help shrink my pores. It feels like there's a filmy residue after I wash my face, doesn't do anything to clear my pores or acne. I don't think this is an effective cleanser, I will not purchase again after I'm done with the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

There has been a lot of negative reviews on this product, but I bought it anyway, with the pore refining toner. While I am not particularly fond of the scent, it cleanses very well both on its own and with my Clarisonic. I found the pore refining effect is more visible when used with Clarisonic at night, and waking up to find nice smaller pores that isn't ready to have foundation stuck in it when I try to put it on. My pores have shrunk quite a lot since I started using this face wash once a day only at night. It's moderately moist, so my face doesn't feel tight after washing, and it doesn't make my face oily during the day. It contains AHA which makes your face more prone to sunburns. But I wear make-up bases with SPF when I go out during the day anyway, so I am not at risk, but for girls who doesn't, remember to wear sunscreen if you are going into the sun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite of the mixed reviews, I bought this anyway. It has excellent reviews on other sites as well so that persuaded me. I'm very happy w/it! I have large pores(big problem of mine) it's been about a week now that I've been using this & I see a difference! Shockingly I do. My pores are still there but less visible. ESP with makeup on. Makeup has a way of emphasizing pores too, but I'm very pleased w/this cleanser. It cleans very well and removes makeup very well. It hasn't dried my skin out at all..which almost always I have issues with dryness when first starting out with a new cleanser. For the first three days, I used it just at night but now I use it twice a day followed by the pore refining toner. I also use Neutrogena's combo lotion too which I love. Maybe it's the combination of all of these products, I'm not sure but I have been loving my face! It's clearing up my stubborn breakouts too. I highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried twice broke out both times. Very drying and skin hurts like zits are trying to breakout. Second time was after only two days use morning wash only no other product change. Throwing out product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Amdsalinas

This was my WORST EVER experience with a face wash! It totally broke my face out in an UGLY red bumpy rash! I couldn't even leave my house! My face was itchy and seriously covered!!!!!! in red bumps! It burned like crazy. I missed a whole day of work ( which cost me $230) out of my pocket. Hope no one else has this reaction!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I really like this cleanser. I've noticed a small change in the size of my pores since I began use about 4 months ago. It is drying, so I don't use it everyday. The great thing, is that it takes off my makeup in one wash and doesn't burn my eyes! Also, when I wash it off my skin feels so soft and clean. There is a bit of tightness after my face is dry, but that's nothing a little moisturizer can't help. I feel like I may see more results if I used this religiously, but unfortunately my sensitive skin gets too out of wack if I do. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been dealing with breakouts for a while and i decided to stop using drugstore skincare and go with organic but i saw a video on using Alpha/Beta combo for acne prone skin and i saw this cleanser in Walmart and i decided to give it a shot and so far its a good cleanser if you are someone who wears a lot of makeup and have combination or oily skin this is a great skin cleanser it wouldnt be the best for dry or sensitive skin, I have tested this by just using it on my face full of makeup and i tell you that it did a great job of removing say about 90% of my makeup and another way of knowing if a cleanser is doing its job is to use a toner after you have cleansed your face then you will see how much makeup is left behind.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by heatherhall88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't love it, but it's not all bad. It's highly scented and maybe that's the reason it irritates my skin. If I only use it once or twice a week at night and apply Aloe after it's okay. It makes my face red and splotchy, but it actually does seem to tighten my pores. If Neutrogena releases a sensitive version I will definitely try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

It will not "refine" your pores, but I like it anyways

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Justathought

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best cleanser I have ever used!!! Due to a horrific case of acne during my earlier years, I not only have large pores on my nose but my daughter actually asked once why I have holes in my nose. This has helped with that since the very first time I used it. It also helps even out the redness of my complexion and keeps the oil at bay. My favorite of all time!!!!