February 28, 2015 | 1788 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Daily Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2015 8:44:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Iíve been on a hunt to find an inexpensive foaming cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. According to some blogs/mags, a cleanser doesnít spend too much time on your face, so a lot of the additional benefits (like anti-aging) probably arenít as effective in a cleanser than in serums/creams. After learning about this, my goal was to find one that gets my face squeaky clean without stripping it of its moisture and breaking the bank. I have combo-dry skin, oily T-zone.

This is truly your basic, no frills face wash that lathers up a light, loose foam. The scent reminded me of dishwashing soap, but I got used to it. I use one deep pump of cleanser on my Clarisonic head to a naked face splashed with some water. I only use my Clarisonic 1-2 mornings a week and/or before special events on the weekends. As a regular evening cleanser, I use one pump in my palm and lather on my wet face. It doesnít remove makeup well, so I only use this occasionally on nights without makeup Ė I would definitely use eye makeup remover first if you have makeup on.

Overall, it does its job as a cleanser, but nothing more. I feel like Iím cheating my skin of something nicer. Now I am just trying to finish the bottle so I can continue my hunt for an inexpensive foaming cleanser that feels a little bit more luxurious than this one did.

Oh, and it didnít shrink my pores :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2015 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ckw5892

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was an okay cleanser. It did a pretty good job cleaning makeup off of my face. However, it always felt like it never completely washed away. It leaves a bit of residue after rinsing my face. It didn't make me break out though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's always so hard for me to find a good face wash. I have super sensitive skin that can dry out fast! And I still get acne in my late 30s (ugh!) This face wash balances the moisture in my skin. It keeps my face clear without harsh affects of typical acne washes. The only thing I don't like is it says it may cause sensitivity to the sun and can make your face burn. I stick to only using it in the fall and winter and switch to Purpose face wash for spring and summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lennongirl16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the look and smell of this product and I also really like the way my face feels and looks right after I wash, but that is about it. For acne-prone skin I thought the salicylic acid would benefit me but I do not think there is a high enough concentration. I have tried leaving this on my face for a few minutes and massaging with a scrublet thing but I have not seen any improvement in tone, texture, redness and especially pore size in about 7 uses over a 5 day period. It could take more time but I doubt it. I dont recommend this to acne-prone people because it does nothing. I also think my face is getting oiler quicker during the day since I started using this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cindy9292

It's amazing! I love how it leaves my face super soft and how it makes it glow. I have noticed that I don't have to wear primer for my foundation to look flawless, and I've only been using it for 3 days. ! Another great product to use this with is the Loreal Youth Code Serum that is serious holy grail! These two products give me life!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by LIONESSthree

Love this cleanser. Keeps my face like a baby's bottom. Hands down the Best cleanser on the shelf.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lee2an

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this thinking its gonna help shrink my pores. It feels like there's a filmy residue after I wash my face, doesn't do anything to clear my pores or acne. I don't think this is an effective cleanser, I will not purchase again after I'm done with the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

There has been a lot of negative reviews on this product, but I bought it anyway, with the pore refining toner. While I am not particularly fond of the scent, it cleanses very well both on its own and with my Clarisonic. I found the pore refining effect is more visible when used with Clarisonic at night, and waking up to find nice smaller pores that isn't ready to have foundation stuck in it when I try to put it on. My pores have shrunk quite a lot since I started using this face wash once a day only at night. It's moderately moist, so my face doesn't feel tight after washing, and it doesn't make my face oily during the day. It contains AHA which makes your face more prone to sunburns. But I wear make-up bases with SPF when I go out during the day anyway, so I am not at risk, but for girls who doesn't, remember to wear sunscreen if you are going into the sun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite of the mixed reviews, I bought this anyway. It has excellent reviews on other sites as well so that persuaded me. I'm very happy w/it! I have large pores(big problem of mine) it's been about a week now that I've been using this & I see a difference! Shockingly I do. My pores are still there but less visible. ESP with makeup on. Makeup has a way of emphasizing pores too, but I'm very pleased w/this cleanser. It cleans very well and removes makeup very well. It hasn't dried my skin out at all..which almost always I have issues with dryness when first starting out with a new cleanser. For the first three days, I used it just at night but now I use it twice a day followed by the pore refining toner. I also use Neutrogena's combo lotion too which I love. Maybe it's the combination of all of these products, I'm not sure but I have been loving my face! It's clearing up my stubborn breakouts too. I highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried twice broke out both times. Very drying and skin hurts like zits are trying to breakout. Second time was after only two days use morning wash only no other product change. Throwing out product.