Chanel Les Vernis Nail Colour Pirate #08

4.4

on 1/18/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I expected to need 2 coats as this has an obvious transparency, but it levels up so beautifully I got away with just the one coat (ran out of time)over a ridge filling base and a qdtc. The following day I added the 2nd coat and the color deepened a bit more. Just a magnificent candy apple red. Chanel lives up to it's name with this one.

on 7/21/2014 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This colour is so gorgeous! It goes on kinda redish pink on the first coat, but after the second coat it is a perfect deep red! I had a hard time chosing the perfect red from all of Chanels beautiful reds, but this one is great for my scandinavian look. Absolutely recommending it! :)

on 2/5/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I never wear red polish. Well, not never, but pretty close. I think maybe once a year I decide to wear it on my toes. I have a few red polishes but they usually just sit in a drawer and take up space. I like the classic, pin-up red color that's sexy but timeless. Not too vampy or deep. No shimmer or unnecessary extras. This is perfect. Just a clean, smooth creme finish in a red you can't go wrong with. It looks beautiful on my very pale skin and makes me feel like a bombshell. Great formulation too. Goes on evenly without streaking and is fully opaque after two coats. Not too thick or too thin so it's easy to apply without making a mess.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this color but now that I have it I'll be wearing red a lot more often.

on 6/26/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love chanel polishes and this one is much more shiny than Dragon but very close in shade. I keep reaching for this as opposed to Dragon. It's definitely my go to true red with a blue base, very classic.

on 10/22/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love red nail polishes and at least twice a season, I wear an in-your-face red. This certainly fits the bill. It is classic red and has a cooler-leaning undertone that makes it flattering on a range of skin colours. I consider this more of a jelly, and I did find that application was a little uneven. However, it was still fairly easy to use. I found that it took 3 coats to reach the same depth of colour as the bottle. I have said I won't repurchase bc this is a standard neutral red and while I love the idea of a classic Chanel red, I'm sure I can find a dupe in a less expensive, but still good quality, brand. Shine and wear time are both very good on me. I use butter London nail foundation as base, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as top coat.

on 2/29/2012 6:28:00 PM

Love this product. It's such a gorgeous, classic red. I was going to order Chanel 'Rouge Fatal' online but was in a department store yesterday and picked this up after seeing the colour of Rouge Fatal in person. Am so so glad I didn't order Rouge Fatal and picked this instead. Rouge Fatal is a tomato-like colour where as this is much more berry in tone. Applies beautifully, quick drying. Love it.

on 2/16/2012 7:01:00 AM

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best colour in the existance of nail polish. This is the perfect red for the classic half-moon red nail. It is vampy without looking tacky. Two coats are more than enough. xo

on 1/7/2012 4:51:00 PM

I have no idea why I was shocked when these Chanel polishes turned out to be better than OPI's and all other "mid-range" polishes. I guess sometimes I just assume that designer beauty products are pulling a fast one? I don't know. But not the case here.. this stuff is the real deal, in every way. Lasts a solid week with minimal wear, the application is impeccable, the brush is SO precise and the color payoff is shocking; I actually shake my head after doing every nail. Looking forward to buying more.

on 11/30/2011 3:40:00 PM

The perfect red jelly. This is not so vampy or in your face that you can't wear it to work. Bridget Bardot classic. I like it with two coats. Three gets a bit too sultry for me. Wore fairly well too. Would rebuy.

Thanks Chanel for reissuing! Now if you could bring back some moar old nommy colors, we might become nail besties.

on 11/16/2011 10:31:00 PM

The good: Pirate is beautiful. The formula is as smooth as silk and easy to work with. Three coats provide the best opaqueness with the result being a truly beautiful and richly pigmented classic red.
The bad? This is one of the most chip-prone polishes I have ever worn. I'm so sad, because the color is so beautiful, however it barely lasts 2 days before it looks horrible and needs to be removed. I use Seche Vite as my topcoat, so I may experiment with different topcoats to see if I can get more than 48-hours of wear before classy turns to trashy.