Laura Mercier Fig

on 11/21/2007 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shade! It's a great color that is different from my normal berry/pink/brown shades since it's got some warmer tones to it but still seems to work on me. Highly pigmented - stays on a long time. But unfortuneatly if I don't wear lip balm underneath it's very drying. I am disappointed to find out that LM has discontinued this shade, because they have a new formulation to their lipsticks now that is supposed to be more moisturizing. For reference other lipsticks I enjoy/own: Nars Gipsy (just like the reviewer below), Nars Dolce Vita, MAC Viva Glam VI.

A comment about LM lip products: LM's best stuff is the concealers, foundation, and eye shadow. The lip products just aren't that good.

on 3/7/2007 3:08:00 PM

On me, this shade is not pinky-brown, it is orangey-pink. Not a good color for me (light, blue eyes, dark brown hair, look best in neutrals to slight cools). Rated it 2 because I'm happy with the quality of LM lipsticks I own, but I do note that Fig has a bit of a perfume-y scent (as oppposed to the typical "crayonish" LM lipstick scent).

on 4/29/2005 11:25:00 PM

This color reminds me of MAC Spice l/l. The color is a pinky brown that would probably compliment anyone. This is one of her only l/s that doesn't seem to have that funny smell. It is one of my everyday shades that I know I can always grab and look great.

on 9/25/2003 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful color but kinda smelly, not stinky, but definelty a strong scent. It is a medium pink/peach, very nice. I wear this on days when I don't wear my holy grail NARS Gipsy, when I don't want as dark of a pink/berry, love it! My only complaint is that it doesn't have very much staying power at all.

Recommended for Medium Skin