Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinleate, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Acohol.

I've lately been motivated to change pretty much all my skin care products. First because, after years of looking younger than my age, I've been feeling OLDER lately (I'm 51). The products I've been using successfully for the last few years don't seem to be delivering anymore. Secondly, I'm getting married soon and want to see if I can find great, inexpensive, readily available products that won't shock my husband due to their cost or the fact that I have to order from a half-dozen different websites. The Olay Regenerist Serum was the first thing I tried and I am in love! There is absolutely nothing bad to say about this stuff. It won't break the bank, it's chock full of good ingredients, it goes on easily and sinks right in, leaves my skin soft, smooth and hydrated, doesn't break out my finicky skin, layers perfectly under other products, can be used around the eyes and is contributing to an overall smoother, more even-toned, glowy, younger-looking face after a couple of weeks of use. I'm sold.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have super dry skin, and wanted to try adding a hydrating serum to my nighttime skincare routine. I've tried a couple over the past few months (HE and DS) and this is my favorite so far. I love the texture and feel of this serum and my skin just drinks it up. I also appreciate the locking pump and the fact that it's available in fragrance free. I have great skin (besides the dryness) but I've still definitely noticed an increase in brightness and evenness after a few weeks of regular use. I just finished the bottle, which lasted three months at a rate of about 2 pumps a day. I'm eager to try a few other serums, but it's nice to know about this widely available, cost-effective, drugstore option. I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am absolutely in love with this super silky bottle of goodness! One of the best drugstore products I have ever tried. I've been using this day and night and it is helping fade my few acne scars, it's making my skin look more poreless, and my foundation look flawless (I use neutrogena's oil free moisture for combination skin on top). I love that it's fragrance free and the packaging is great. I would've never tried this if I hadn't seen the rave reviews on beautypedia, but I'm so glad I did. This is now a staple in my skincare routine and I highly recommend it to help repair your skin and make it look more flawless!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG. I get mine at Costco (ends up being a better deal than drugstore+coupons). I always put this on my face as soon as it's cleansed and it instantly calms my splotchiness and dryness. It feels like water sinking in to your skin. amazing!

I have sensitive skin and this brought me out in lumps. It's going on my elbows and I obviously won't repurchase. The texture is very pleasant though and it sinks in very nicely.

I've bought so many moisturizers this winter it's ridiculous. I have dry skin that seems to be sensitive to something in moisturizers because every single one I buy makes me break out like crazy. I finally read about this on paulas choice and decided to give it a try. My skin is finally clearing up and I love this under foundation. It feels and acts like a primer. I will be repurchashing for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just finished my first container of this. Lasted about three months with a daily application. My overall impression is that it feels nice and lightweight, but does it really do anything? I'm told to use a moisturizer OVER the serum. Ok, then a sunscreen? Then a primer? Way too much stuff. I just switched to the Olay Regenerist regenerating lotion with SPF 50 for a.m. use so I at least get a moisturizer and sunscreen. Packaging is identical, with the same convenient pump. So far so it's pretty good, though not as lightweight and it has a bit of a scent to it.
Bottom line: This is a lovely lightweight serum that may suffice as a moisturizer/primer for oilier skin types but I'm skeptical that it's worth the extra layer and expense for the promise of reducing the signs of aging.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this used to be one of my HG serums. it has been reformulated, yet another victim of unnecessary reformulation. this is the new ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Niacinamide*, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Panthenol**, Polyethylene, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4***, Sodium Peg-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Tocopheryl Acetate^, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract^^, Dimethiconol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Peg-100 Stearate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Disodium Edta.
the texture is different compared to the original formulation. for me, it has tendency to "balls up" (when i layer with other products; it doesn't play well with others) and seems to not properly absorbs/evaporate; whch is bad news for someone with very oily skin like me. the original formulation used cyclopentasiloxane as the base ingredient; a lightweight silicone that evaporates. the new formulation is water based but uses dimethicone (a heavier silicone) as 2nd ingredient,
Olay has also replaced the parabens preservative system (which in truth is much gentler, but has been getting bad press and reputation) with DMDM hydantoin, a proven formaldehyde releasing preservative. why don't they use less controversial preservatives like phenoxyetanol, ethylhexylglycerin & chlorphenesin?
FYI, I have been buying Olay from international sellers (mainly US and UK) because where i live, the Olay products come from Thailand and or other neighboring countries. It may have the same name, but when u compared the regenerating serum manufactured in US/UK and the one from (ie) Thailand, it is not the same. It's no surprise that, when i used the ones i bought locally, it doesnt work as well.
LOI for Olay regenerating serum sold locally: Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Panthenol, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, DMDM Hydantoin, Allantoin, Laureth-4, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Laureth-7,Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, PEG-100 Strearate, Butylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4.
Could it be that P&G US is slowly downgrading its ingredients too? I know the superstar ingredients is Niacinamide but other supporting actives (antioxidants etc) should be front and center, not tossed down after preservatives and fragrance.
As a skincare enthusiast, I am heartbroken when a company reformulate a best product, turning it into a mediocre stuff. Well, enough ranting. Looks like the only thing left to do is for me to move on. RIP regenerist regenerating fragrance free. ur demise will be missed.

I'm a huge fan of Olay products, if for no other reason than I suspect they contain the highest amount of niacinamide permissible in over-the-counter products (4%), judging from niacinamide's ranking on the ingredients list.

I've written about Olay products a lot here: :https://www.futurederm.com/2007/11/11/which-olay-night-moisturizer-should-i-use/

But, basically, huge fan of this product.

I absolutely love this serum. I love the price ($18-$23), I love the texture, I love that it doesn't break me out, or make my skin red or do anything except help my moisturizer to work more effectively. And no weird fragrance. Just great.