November 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by futuredermeditor

I'm a huge fan of Olay products, if for no other reason than I suspect they contain the highest amount of niacinamide permissible in over-the-counter products (4%), judging from niacinamide's ranking on the ingredients list.

I've written about Olay products a lot here: :https://www.futurederm.com/2007/11/11/which-olay-night-moisturizer-should-i-use/

But, basically, huge fan of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I absolutely love this serum. I love the price ($18-$23), I love the texture, I love that it doesn't break me out, or make my skin red or do anything except help my moisturizer to work more effectively. And no weird fragrance. Just great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by AsianchickAtl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the serum for years. It makes my face feel and look so much better. I feel like I especially need our in the wintertime when my skin feels drier.

I try to get the fragrance free one when I can since I'm really sensitive to smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG!!! I had been using Regnerating Serum then stopped using any serum for a while, I just switched to the fragrance free which is supposed to be better for your skin. My skin is so much better since I started using it again!
I like that it has 2% to 3% niacinamide and other beneficial ingredients. My skin feels so smooth and silky after applying and my moisturizer applies nicely over top. I have noticed my skin tone is more even, my greasy t-zone is more under control and my pores so much smaller. I don't know why I ever stopped using it.
Interesting as well, I have been looking for an eye cream since I have the deep dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles starting on my lids and the beginning of crows feet. I read on beautypedia that the Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum (which also rated best) is similar to this so instead of spending more money on an eye product I began to also use this on my eyes. Wow! what a difference. My dark circles are lighter, the fine lines under my eyes gone, my lids are smooth and it is beginning to help with the crows feet.
This product is something I will make sure I don't run out of!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by aemccall81

I love this. It's moisturizing and light. I don't know if it does anything dramatic but just having moisturized skin is enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Have been using this for years and it's hard to beat. Excellent anti aging ingredients including niacinimide , fragrance free.The texture is like a very thin lotion but it sinks right in.Your skin will reap the benefits with a serum of this quality. And it's affordable.Excellent as a primer.Not at all greasy. I've used load of high end serums and I keep going back to this.It rivals the best. Packing great, ingredients remain stable during use.If you're looking for a good serum , look no further.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mrsCuevash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello! I am in my late 30's and I have combination/sensitive skin that can break-out if a moisturizer is too much or end of up dry patches if not enough, yeah very frustrating!!! Anywho, I really wanted my skin to love this cause it's "cheap" compared to most serums and it is fragrance free BUT I did NOT! For some strange reason ANY Olay product I use breaks me out and/or I wake up with a SUPER oily face,(which happened)!! Beautypedia lists this as a "best" serum for my skin type but Olay and I just can't seem to get along! BAAHH!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ellaeliz

I have combination, acne prone skin. I have used this for several years with the Garnier gel-creme moisturizer over it and it is the only combination I've found that does not cause breakouts. (No sunscreen however.) Seems to help with skin texture. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very surprised to find that this "serum" has more in common with a moisturiser. I tried it to use as a serum before applying the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing moisturiser, but they are in fact incredibly similar to each other in consistency and feel. This is, however, the superior product in my view.

As I stated in my review of the PC product, it feels great on application - very matte without any tackiness. In fact, it feels even lighter than its rival, yet provides more moisture in my opinion. My skin looks calm and its redness reduced, and it seems to keep my skin hydrated no matter what the temperate is. I've found an added bonus was its ability to prime my face for sunscreen - I'd had problems with my Clinique City Block flaking on application, but if I put it on straight after the Olay serum it glides on with minimal flaking!

There's not a great deal more to say about this product, but it was simply made for my skin! I'd highly recommend this fragrance-free version as a moisturiser (morning and night) for anyone with oily skin, especially if sensitivity is an issue. My only real criticism is its price and size - I need at least two pumps for full coverage, and the 50ml bottle doesn't last very long. You don't get a great deal for your money so in future I think I'll have to bulk-buy if I see it on offer!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

I don't love the price. I do like everything else about this product. The packaging is plastic, and while this may appear cheap and flimsy, it's actually not. Instead, the packaging makes for the lightness of this product; traveling with this (even if it's just for a night out of town) is excellent. No issues with the pump. I've dropped this bottle enough times to know that it's quite durable. Now on to the effects. This is a fab product as a primer due to the high silicone content. I think some people might find this pore-clogging. I've never experienced it with this product, but I also make sure to use this in moderation. This serum works well to smooth out the face, but I would advise that you don't get carried away because an overload of this product may clog your pores. One other thing I love about this serum is its success to tone down redness. When I go out after sundown, I can use solely this product just to banish redness, and I'd be all set. No foundation needed. A very handy and convenient product. During hot summer days, I find that I need not a moisturizer if I use this serum in the day time (I have normal/dry skin with rare oiliness). I don't use this serum at night (before bed) because I already have a routine I follow. Also, I reserve this serum for daytime use (when I'm out and about) because of its "primer" quality --great to be worn under makeup. Moreover, this serum seems to help with temporarily concealing fine lines. Overall, I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. I don't love the price tag because it's totally overpriced. Yet, I suppose I would repurchase this because it's a 2-in-1 product: serum with vitamins and niacinamide & face primer. When choosing what to bring on a trip, this must be included because it's convenient in so many ways. Unless you're allergic to silicone, you should try it.
One thing to note is that this serum contains niacinamide, so don't use this product if you're already using a product with vitamin C. If you do, you must wait 30 minutes in between application. Otherwise, yay for niacinamide!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No