April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Toners - Kiehls - Calendula Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have sensitive skin and I tried this on a whim. It is a great product and never irritates my skin . It makes my skin look so clear and my skin feels very soothed by it . I never expected this toner to be so effective on me . I dislike the flower petals as I usually transfer the product to a spray bottle , and the petals clog the noozle . Been using this for around three years .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Lirialle

This is the only toner that does not sting when I put it on. It's definitely my HG toner. It leaves no residue, smells good and leaves my face feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite Kiehl's toner made with whole flowers and pure extracts. I tried most of Kiehl's toners (got samples at Kiehl's store) but this is my favorite one. It leaves my skin very fresh, clean and smooth. Does not feel sticky or drying afterwards. It's really good, non-alcoholic herbal-extract toner (for normal to oily skin type). My skin type is more like normal to dry but it still works great for me. I love it. Love the cute flower petals in a bottle too. Hate the price, $21 for the smallest size of the bottle, c'mon!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I used this toner for a while and honestly, I cannot see what all the hype is about. It leaves my skin feeling clean with no extra residue, but for $28 dollars I expected something more. I do not see any kind of anti-aging benefits or acne control, etc. I also do not like the fact that this is one of the most expensive toners per ounce that I have ever seen. This is just a mediocre product, save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

It's good hydrating and soothing toner but for the price,you can always find much cheaper alternatives in the markets.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by annaliiiisa

loved this product. leaves the skin feeling so clean without overdrying. i used to use it in the evening mainly to remove all the make up and it always worked well for me. as i had oily forehead at that time it worked very well with that, mattifiying it but not significally. all and all my favourite toner from kiehls, a bit too expensive compared to the others, but would purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by maidachen

I bought this toner after reading rave reviews about it. It's very gentle, but I don't feel like it picks up all residual dirt that my cleanser misses. However, while I was using harsh cleansers that dried up my face, this toner did help reduce the dryness.

For the price, I'll pass. If you have sensitive skin, this would be great for you. If not, there's less expensive alternatives out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its good when your skin is inflamed or sensitized.

It really helped to control my skin when I was still having mild acne. My skin has more or less cleared up now. Only having a slight pop up now and then.

So I have not been using it much as there isnt much of a difference in using it or not.

Good when your skin is reddish and irritated, otherwise, a very pricey toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was so expensive but irritated my skin as if it had alcohol! My skin was red upon application and remained red and in the end I couldn't stand it anymore and washed my face again. Did not find it calming in any way, my Simple toner is much better than this in calming my sensitive, acne prone skin.

17th May Update

Ok, I changed from my original one star to three stars. When I used it last time I had an allergy and wanted it to calm my skin but it didn't work. My skin has calmed down now and I tried it again. It feels comfortable on my skin but it doesn't give any spectacular effects.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I used to work at kiehl's, and new employees are given 5 products gratis in addition to being allowed to take home products to try. Kiehl's wants employees to know their stuff, which is great! I chose this toner as one of my gratis partially due to the fact that it was $60 (big bottle, few years ago--not sure on price now,) but it also was suited to my combo, clog prone skin. It's very gentle, and the lack of alcohol is awesome.

So why only 2 stars? First of all, I've found a much better alcohol-free toner that is way cheaper, easier to find, even more gentle, and multi-use. Thayer's witch hazel, with rose. The most aggravating thing about this toner, for me, is how grossly inflated the price is. My manager said it costs about $0.30 to make the calendula toner. Thirty freaking cents, and they charge $60 (again, this is the big bottle and price from a few years ago). I understand ALL companies do this, I really do, but really! It doesn't even contain any active ingredients, like glycolic or even plain old salicylic acid, to justify the cost. It's a very basic toner with a very high price, and I encourage you to check out thayer's alcohol free toners instead (I get mine from vitamin shoppe for about $8, but it can be found cheaper online quite easily.)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No