September 1, 2014 | 1941 users online

Cleansers - Basis - Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I brought multiple tubes of this facewash after falling in love with it's calming herbal fragrance. And for $3.98 at Walmart it's definite bang for the buck. But I wouldn't rely on just using it alone to remove makeup. Like other reviewers noted it doesn't remove everything. It's probably best used as a morning face wash when waking up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product many years ago and if they did not reformulate, I have to comment that it did not remove my heavily applied makeup at the time. Although it foams, not as powerful as a foaming face wash or even a cream-foaming face wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily/combo skin that isn't really problematic at all. I loved this product for the first few months of having used it. It smells amazing and lathers fantastic no matter how much or how little you use. But then I started to wear makeup everyday and I really started to have chin breakouts. I was wondering why and then I figured out that I wasn't removing my makeup completely. After using my cleansing oil, I used this cleanser and I thought it was doing the job. It wasn't at all. It claims to remove dirt, oil, and makeup but it can't even remove my waterproof mascara or powder blush. If you're someone who doesn't wear makeup, then give this a go.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by LAGrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser made me break out terribly.
I bought it after reading all the positive reviews and was looking forward to trying it.
Within a few days my skin got many dry patches and eventually I developed a rash.
I guess I am allergic to some of its ingredients.
To add to the misery I bought a 3pack of this on Amazon:(
Will try to use it as a foot soak and on the kitchen floor.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by brookelennn

I had to try this because of the big hype!
Not bad! I had no complaints. It didn't break me out at all or make my skin too dry/oily.
The only downside is that it didn't really say what is what living up to. It didn't really cleanse my pores or take off that much makeup. When I used my toner after, there was a good bit of makeup (more than usual;not a lot though). I wasn't expect much because of the price. It definitely is a great cleanser if you plan on using it in the morning before you apply makeup, not at night taking it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mischabelle87

Can't say enough great things about this cleanser. I use this most days and it takes of my mineral foundation with ease.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so first background check on my skin, it it combination, and supeeeeeer acne prone. Really oily on my nose, dry around my mouth, and slightly oily on my forehead and normal everywhere else. I love this wash!!<3 It is so good and dirt cheap! Just a little under 4 dollars. I have been using this for about 3 months and it truly is amazing. It really cleans and remove all my excess oil while not stripping my skin. I would choose this over cetaphil any day because it actually contains beneficial ingrediants that keep the skin healthy. The only thing i wish was different is that it came in a pump, not a tube. KEEP IN MIND, when switching face washes your skin might actually tweak out a bit to adjust because you're using a different product, and that is what happened with mine. After a week, it really was amazing.:) Now though, I'm on a retanoid at night, clindamycin, benzoyle peroxide wash, and minocycline in the morning so I just use this at night. It is being a tad drying now because of all the acne medications so sadly, and this really kills me, I'll probably have to find a more suitable wash for my dryer skin right now.:( I really cannot wait to start using this wash again, it's just that great!! Try this product out and stick with it, you will love it.:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ChristineKhamp

This is a great, price friendly product. I have been using it for about 10 months now and have gone through two bottles. It does what it claims. I have very sensitive skin and are very prone to acne. I use this wash faithfully, two times a day and would not change one thing about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by JanelCoquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has got to be MY FAVORITE cleanser!

I just feel so clean afterward its amazing. I wear a lot of make up so nothing feels better than a fresh clean face after a extremely long day. After a while my face did get a little tired of it so i had to take a break, but I will be back on it soon! Just wish it had a pump or an easier cap.

In short, Its amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really wish this face wash worked for me, but it broke me out like no other face wash has before, barring Cetaphil. Wil stick with Purpose for now.