December 19, 2014 | 1587 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I LOVE 1-2 times a week type scrubs (IE the more abrasive types), I usually am not a big fan of scrubs labeled as gentle or for daily use. More often than not they are nothing more than a cream cleanser with a couple beads thrown in that don't have any real exfoliating effects. But this one is great and lives up to the hype.

This is a truly non abrasive skin polisher. Somehow Clinique has managed to create a scrub that is creamy and gentle yet packs enough punch to remove dead or dry skin without being irritating. I have found that this also works great if you massage it in to exfoliate and then leave on for a few minutes in order to get some additional moisturizing properties out of it.

While it does fall into the more pricey category ($20.00) a little goes a long way and it will last a long time. Though directions imply you can use it daily, those with more sensitive skin may want to adjust that less. For my super dry and flaky skin I like to do a week straight to normalize my skin during the winter months and then go back to using this maybe every other day (my harsher scrubs are far too drying to use regularly during cold weather). I have nothing but praise for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product I've tried so far that has made my blemishy red skin as close to flawless as it will ever me. Enough said

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by dandelionjones

Got this as a sample have used it over the past two weeks each morning and love it so much I have just ordered a 100ml tube. Having dry, annoyingly red, sensitive skin that easily breaks out and having had pretty bad luck with scrubs, I was a bit hesitant with this product but as it says you can use it once a day I thought it must be pretty gentle so gave it a go, and now i'm in love! It's so gentle it's kind of half way between a scrub and face wash, it's very moisturising, I've had way less breakouts (woohoo!) since using it and my face is a bit brighter than it was before, in the way that it kinda has a nice natural sheen now. I think with cleansing products what works and what doesn't is very dependent on skin types. I probably wouldn't suggest this to people with oily skin, but if you have dry, sensitive skin and are a bit scared of heavy duty scrubs but still want to exfoliate I'd definitely give a sample a go!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I used to use this religiously until I realised that there are comparable (and better!) scrubs out there for a fraction of the price. It's a bit of a rip off really.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've received this many times as a GWP from Clinique, and I always try to use it, and I always end up throwing it away. It leaves me red and irritated and is hard to rinse. I'm more and more in line with the philosophy that excessive exfoliating only creates micro-calluses which spur you to exfoliate even more creating a vicious cycle. Gentle cleansing with a cleansing cloth or wash cloth will remove the dead cells that are ready to come off and no more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by roseannabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ineffective, it is scratchy yet doesn't have enough grains/beads to properly exfoliate.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Lorensaurus

I think Clinique changed the original formula. I used to love the fact that the grains were big and it left a fresh sensation in my skin. Now it leaves me with an oily sensation and the grains are barely there. Will replace it with another scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Nachobusiness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clinique, being a reputable brand, did not really meet my expectations with this one. I mean its O.K. to sum it up simply. I think its a product for 'normal' skin, I have dry, sensitive skin and it did not do anything to improve the shine/liveliness of my face. Not saying it had bad effects either but if you are looking for something to give you a boost or a glow, this would not be it. It is very average and overpriced for what it is. But try it if you have money to burn.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having received numerous tubes of this scrub in GWPs I've used this constantly for many years. Its an excellent product - a thick cream with a high concentration of scrub granules that does the job very efficiently.
However, I bought a full-size tube of this for the first time last year and soon afterwards read that the granules are in fact plastic microbeads, which are not biodegradeable and have been found to pollute oceans and lakes, and are harmful to ocean life.
I wouldn't say that I'm the most environmentally-friendly of people but this bothers me enough that I'm going to stop using this and any other scrub products from the Estee Lauder companies, and avoid products containing plastic microbeads from other corporations.
I tried using this scrub by wiping rather than rinsing off but that felt too abrasive, so I'll have to throw the rest of the tube away. The search begins for an equally effective product with a natural scrub agent...
...the plastic microbeads in cosmetic products are listed on the ingredients as polyethylene or polypropylene. They are also present in toothpaste, and several big name brands are currently using them. It appears that some US states are proposing to ban microbeads in products because of the damage they are known to cause.
Lots of information about this issue on the internet if you are interested or concerned.
Thanks for reading this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sharonbethd

This product is recommended by dermatologists for people with dry and/or sensitive skin. It is very gentle and moisturizing. If you have oily skin this will probably not be right for you. I think this would also be great for someone with roseasia. I don't think using a harsh scrub with large granules is good for the face. This can be used daily if needed and leaves your skin soft for makeup application I usually only use this in the shower to make sure it is all rinsed off...I have tried many, but I always go back to this one.