October 21, 2014 | 1172 users online

Blush - NARS - The Multiple in Cannes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a nars multiple lover and this is no exception. The color is a tad metallic-y plummy rose with a hint of brown. I absolutely love this ob my lips as it gives a nice rosy lip look. This is a bit on the dry side compared to other multiples..and it goes on a little streaky/requires some blending hence the one lippie off. But after some work it gives a gorgeous natural dewey glow but not metallic-y or disco ball either. Overall fanatic product. Great multi-tasker! It's alright for eyes/monochromatic look, but I adore it on lips and cheek

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by shellyshells

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for awhile now but I've just now realized how awesome this particular Multiple is. (I had Mustique first but didn't like it too much) It's a great bronzey berry color that I like to dot and blend near the apples of my cheeks (I find that it blends best over a primer/foundation otherwise the color gets blotchy and streaky). It looks really natural albeit sparkly but gives me a nice summery glow. It's a bit pricey but I can tell that this will last for quite awhile. I've also discovered that this doesn't look too bad on my lips either. I just have to dab a bit of gloss or vaseline to get rid of that powdery feeling on my lips. The color doesn't look that great on my eyes but it makes a great base for eyeshadows!

I'm definitely keeping this baby in my purse for touch ups. Normally, I only carry lippies around because I'm afraid my powder products will break or crumble, but I don't have to worry about this. I was about to write off Nars Multiples completely but after getting this one to work marvelously I'm tempted to try more.

(currently NC35, LM Rich Vanilla)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by madamemaquillage

I love the color of Cannes, and I wore this stuff stubbornly for an entire winter, unwilling to admit that, despite the nice color, it goes on TERRIBLY! Very smudgy and streaky. This, my friends, is why POWDER blushes were invented!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OK, Iíll admit that CANNES doesnít look exciting next to all the other colours, but give it a chance. It must be one of the most wearable shades.

I picked CANNES because it is a good all rounder. The colour is a copper with a dash of shimmery pink. It blends beautifully with my dry NC15 skin, with I doubted at first.
On cheeks it is more of a light bronzing colour, rather then a blush. The slight pink twinge gives skin a healthy glow. It does lose a lipstick for going on very lightly. Doesnít sound like a bad thing, but it takes a few times to get the colour right, which is awkward when youíre in a rush.
CANNES is a molten bronze shade on my lids. I just love it. Itís a copper on my lips, with a faint pink tinge.

All in all, Iím impressed by both the colour and the quality. Iíll have to start collecting the other shades!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! But the texture isn't the best. It requires some work to make it look natural. It is worth the effort because the color is so pretty. I prefer the texture of Fresh cheek creams much better-they just have such a limited color line.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by mint0621

I really tried to like it because I was looking for a fall reddish blush to work with the jewel burgundies, purples in my fall wardrobe. Alas, by stippling it on my cheeks, I would try to blend to smooth out the color, and soon, the color would disappear. I would put more on my cheeks, and blend again...and the color would be all over my fingers but not on my face.

I like the Copacabana highlighter much better, I think it blends better or deposits pigment better than Cannes.

Oh, and this color looks beautiful on the lips. Too bad it didn't perform as better as a blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used for: approximately two months. Reference: C2/NC15 in MAC, blue eyes, bn. hair, normal to dry skin. I purchased Cannes when the weather got more warm and humid here. In testing this at Sephora, I thought it might also be a useful alternative to bronzer for me (imo, bronzer makes my fair skin look dirty).

Uses:

This is excellent on the cheeks, coming off on me as a rose/plum bronze with a hint of warm shimmer (just a hint, though, particularly by NARS standards). I rub the top two fingers and tap/blend into my cheeks to apply. Cannes also looks terrific under NARS Sin, my HG blush. They seem to compliment each other- Cannes enhances the bronze undertones in Sin and Sin enhances the plum/rose tone in Cannes.

Cannes is also attractive applied on the lips, but over a light application of lip balm. As other reviewers have remarked, it can feel/look drying on the lips, similar to some of MAC's more opaque lipstick formulas.

I have used this successfully as a crease shade, but applied lightly and blended a lot (leaving a bronze sheen). I don't normally wear a lot of eye shadow, so it is a look that seems familiar and appears appropriate to my eye.

Potential drawbacks of Cannes:

Packaging. Some people don't like the minimalist quality. I am not of this mindset, appreciating the sleek design. I would like the multiples overall a little bit better (and I like them very much) if the packaging closed with a stronger "click". It is possible to put this product away without having the top completely closed.

Multi use products can also tend to not be multi use, imo. Cannes works for me because it enhances my pale olive skin tone. I have read many other reviews commenting that they use the multiples as blush only.

Price. Multiples are very expensive, but the package is substantial. I am trying to use MUA to buy in quality, rather than quantity, so this is not a personal issue for me. I can't imagine needing to buy this again any time soon, but if I were to lose it/break it/melt it in the car, I would purchase this shade again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Aspen49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, I have to say the color is gorgeous, but I found the formula to be a bit dry and difficult to blend. Not impossible, just difficult. This was not very flattering on my eyes or lips either, so that made the $37.00 price tag a bit steep. I prefer Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cannes is a pinky-coppery-rose. Looks neutral and absolutely gorgeous! Shimmery golden too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I saw this on the Sephora web site, I didn't even give it a second glance, because it looked far too dark for my medium-fair skin tone. While shopping in the Sephora store this week, I absentmindedly swiped it on the back of my hand, just to see what it would look like...and I was amazed. It wasn't dark at all out of the tube, and when I dabbed some on my cheeks, it gave me the most amazing, natural glow. Not a fakey bronzer, but a warm, just-stepped-away-from-the-campfire glow. I bought the tube, and have worn it all week to work, on my eyes and cheeks. It has a VERY subtle sparkle to it - not as sparkly as Orgasm and some of the other NARS powder blushes - and I two friends ask me what I was doing differently lately to my skin. It lasted through most of the workday, though I'd probably reapply on nights that I go out after work. Yes, $36 seems a bit high at first for this product, but the tube is HUGE and is going to last me for years, even if I do use it for eyes and face, so it will be quite the bargain in the long run. I just hope that when I get to the end of the tube many years from now, NARS is still making this product.