October 25, 2014 | 897 users online

Candles - Diptyque - Pomander candle

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this scent, but I only burn it during Fall and Winter, primarily around the holidays. It's very strong and has great throw, but it's also got those holiday-evoking scents like clove and cinnamon, etc. I prefer Myrrhe and Cyprés, but this is a nice choice as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by alyy9

LOVE this candle, my first Diptyque and its got me hooked! As other reviewers state, its a pleasant scent of oranges and cinnamon. It's a very warm scent that lingers through the air (even when unlit!) I will definitely buy this again, so much that I'm tempted to buy this during aussie spring/summer season! Giving Baies and Jasmin a go next and the Eau Duelle Eau De Toilette :)

PRO:
lingering scent from start to finish lit & unlit
Natural scent, oils, esssences
Beautiful design

CON:
Price
Hard to get in australia ($100 for average size in aus compared to $50-60 overseas)
Hand centered wick, sometimes not completely centered

CONCLUSION:
Worth every penny :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Diptyque Pomander candle came in the mail today and as soon as I opened the box I was greeted by the intoxicating smell of orange and cinnamon. It's such a warm spicy smell, which is perfect for winter.
I haven't lit it yet but have placed it on my bedside table and the scent has already taken over my room, not in a nauseating way, it's subtle but still powerful. I'm in love love love with this product and will most definitely be buying it again.
I was previously using the Diptyque Baies for the warmer months, it ran out so I decided to try a warmer scent for the winter and I'm glad I bought this because I like it so much better!
It was quite a mission trying to find this at a good price though as Diptyque candles are only available in one store in Australia and they charge $99 for it. I ended up getting it off aromaessentials.com as this was the cheapest option with the shipping and all.
Definitely try this candle if you like spicy woody scents, you're sure to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by nigellawella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviews, this really does smell like Christmas to me. I love this candle, it's great scent for dark wintery nights and of course Christmas time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mother said this smells like an American Christmas - she meant this as a compliment having lived in New York for a couple of years. It smells of orange and cloves to me which is probably my idea of what Christmas should smell like as well, having been forced to spend an entire afternoon sticking cloves into an orange as a child until there was no speck of orange left to the naked eye. I prefer this to the chilly fir tree smells and the gourmand cooking smells so I may well repurchase next Christmas as the throw is excellent. I wouldn't want it any other time of year though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Diptyque candles are very expensive - but they are the best there is. Pomander comes in two sizes now - the smaller one burning for about 20 hours, I believe - and it is presented in the traditional, simple, chic glass with the oval name on the front. It gives off a wonderful aroma of clove studded oranges, vanilla and a little floral-smokiness. The throw is very good and it scents the whole room and beyond so easily that you only have to burn it for a little while. It smells just like Christmas should be! Full marks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by helloitsme1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A perfect christmas candle. An extrmemly realistic evocation of an orange studded with spices. Popular with the whole family.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by expatgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I fell in love with this holiday candle and gave it to several of my close friends. They all seemed to love it and no one complained! I hope they come out with a new holiday scent every Christmas. Classy all the way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kate8

Our experiences with Diptyque candles have varied widely, but this is one we've loved. It smells like---yes, an orange-clove pomander, very spicy. The throw in our very large central room is very good, and wraps everything in spice. It often smells good just sitting there, not even lit. We've hoarded it down to the last little drop of wax, and we look forward to repurchasing eventually.