September 16, 2014 | 1213 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eyeshadow - Black Plum #27

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I had seen Wayne Goss applying this to demo the new MAC "toothbrush" eyeshadow brush. His eyes are similar in color to mine and it looked really good on him. Then reading the reviews it seemed that this would be very versatile as it could be layered for more intensity so used as a shadow or a liner. Nope. It's way too dark for shadow except at the outer corner of my eye maybe. I am a bit disappointed. I shall have to experiment with ways to "thin" this out so it isn't so intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! I bought this recently wanting a change from the Bobbi Brown Mahogany powder shadow I've been using as eyeliner ever since the brand first came on sale here in the UK. I have brown eyes and this shade really lights them up. It is a rich, dark chocolate-plum in the pan and is perfect for a smoky line that's more defined and a little more dressed up than brown, but much softer than black. I've tried Black Plum in BB's Gel Eyeliner but definitely prefer the powder - the colour is richer and more plummy/less grey, and the formula is more versatile. When I saw the shade in the pan I was initially worried that it might look too red around the eyes but it doesn't. From the range of reviews for this product it is obviously a shade that works really well with all colourings. Certainly works with mine!
Bobbi Brown shadows are expensive but you get a lot of product for the money and they are the absolute best, particularly as liner. The powder is densely pigmented and almost creamy, making it very controllable and long-wearing. the powder won't fleck all over your cheeks like many other shadows. BB shadows also don't harden and cake over time - I have a Charcoal shadow which I've had for over 10 years and the texture is still like new.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is amazing. It's a dark brown-plum shade and it makes my hazel eyes pop. I initially bought it as a liner because it's so dark in the pan, but I tried it as a shadow and it looks gorgeous. I don't usually wear heavy eye shadow, so I surprised myself by creating a smokey eye by blending it on my lid and crease, and using CG French Vanilla as a highlight. Even though Black Plum is dark, it didn't look over the top or too dramatic. I love it and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I use this shade more as an eyeliner than an eyeshadow..Its more black than plum but you can still see where the hint of plum is coming from..the texture,pigmenation is wonderful as well...I usually wet my eyeliner brush and use this as an eyeliner and it works great and stays pretty great as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:41:00 AM More reviews by candycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is a beautiful and goes on silky. I would say this isn't truly a "black" at all, it is definitely leaning towards a smokey brown-plum color. I wear it every day to add definition to my lids, it's gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been going through a stage where I was wearing BB Smoke almost everyday, but then I read a review of this and decided to try it. I use it wet and dry as liner, first lining wet on the top lash line and then going over it dry on the upper and lower lash line with an angled brush. Softer than Smoke. I don't think I would like it with anything too pink. I wear it with LM Khaki lid to crease, LM Buttercream under brow and on inner and outer corner and I go over the bottom lash line with MAC Soba. These are all yellow based shades and they blend nicely with Black Plum. I like this much better than the shimmer version which I have had for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the matte version. Black Plum isn't black and, although it is plum, it's isn't purple. It has brown undertones, which to me makes it very warm and wearable. It looks great pared with Baby Pink or with any light-toned base. I think it's simply gorgeous. Edited to add: I have worn this shade quite a bit lately, and I find it pairs very nices with greys, lavenders, and even light brown shades. It has depth, but it isn't too dark. A very versatile shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Black Plum isn't black and, while it is plum, isn't purple It seems to me to have sort of a brown base which makes it very warm wearable. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. It goes on sheer, which is nice, so I can add more as I need it. It looks very nice with several base shades, including Baby Pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by elino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good colour to use as a liner, softer than a black liner. I use either this or Espresso as a liner, and it goes with all lid colours (at least all mine - I like a neutral look). I said that I would repurchase, but I don't think that I would have too, since it last ages. The quality is very good, as with all of Bobbi Brown's eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jossyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Not my favorite BB e/s shade. The quality, texture, pigmentation, and staying power are all excellent, as with all BB e/s I have tried. This shade is more black than plum. Works well for creating a dark smoky eye; I've used it with gray shades to add some more depth/darkness. Works nicely as a liner also. It's a good product, it just wasn't the shade I was looking for. (I found Laura Mercier's Black Plum e/s to be much more purple toned & exactly the shade I was looking for. I wrote a review on that as well.)