New York Color Blush

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/4/2010 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the gorgeous shade "Cherry Blossom" (part of a limited edition collection?). It's a blue-toned hot pink. The color payoff is pretty bad (what do you expect... it was 2.99 for a huge pan) and it has a few ugly chunks of glitter. The texture is also pretty terrible (read: it doesn't blend well). I'll still keep it because the color is so fun and it was inexpensive. It's still wearable, just disappointing.

on 10/6/2010 11:58:00 AM

I love this blush. I'm pretty fair-skinned (although a bit olive-y) and chose Central Park Pink because I was sick of my standard blush-rose. You can tell that this product is cheap, but that makes very little impact on the actual result. It's definitely a steal. Like many have said, the pigment is buildable and can reach a pretty high level of potency. I love to swipe it on my eyelids, too, for a general flushed look. I love cheap and easy, so I'm ridiculously happy with this item.

on 6/9/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first blush and I found it to be pretty average - but this might only be because I didn't choose a good color. I am fairly tan so I couldn't see much of an effect on my cheeks. I also really didn't like the brush, which is why I gave this product a fairly low packaging score. I probably wouldn't buy this product again, but I think that it is still a pretty decent blush if you are on a tight budget or you want to try out some different colors before settling on a "better" blush.

on 8/30/2009 1:24:00 PM

The only blush i wear ever. I'd been looking for a blush for ages. I have really pale skin and it desperately needs a little oomph. I tried a cheek and lip stain but it was too hard to work with so when i found this in my sisters make up bag i gave it a shot. After carefully inspecting it for glitter (often a problem with cheap blush) i lightly applied it and wow, it leaves me looking really healthy. I got told i look very "english rose" when i wore this. It lasts for a long time (maybe because i use so little) and the brush that comes with it isn't as bad as some i have experienced.

on 7/26/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, what a deal, I think I paid 99 cents last time they were on sale, lasts all day, a lot of product in each pan, nice that there is no glitter in these, just nice colour, helps me justify my other more expensive purchases, lol

on 8/20/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yay! Non-shimmery blush that gives a nicely pigmented, but healthy and natural looking flush to your cheeks. And all at a low price too! What more can I say- get this blush now!

on 7/31/2008 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the 655 Central Park Pink shade - this gorgeous soft pink works really well on my NW15 skin, it looks natural but still adds just the right amount of flush. It's buildable, and you can't beat the price. This works as well as, or better than, more expensive blushes. I have one and a backup, and I'll definitely be buying again!

on 7/4/2008 1:36:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I love how it has a matte finish cause i don't like shimmer on my blush...not to mention that it's soooo cheap! Definitely an awesome product and would be definitely buying again!

on 5/13/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

So I bought the nameless Basic Brown palette (2 lip glosses, 4 e/s, and The Blush) from the .99 store. My goal was a warm blush and this looked liked it. I didn't want nor have I tried any of the glosses or e/s. This review is for blush only.

The color is a taupe/peach more to the darker end. Very complimentary to warm tones. Perfect daily wear with no shimmer/sparkle/flash. Natural shading. The surprising fact is I can put on a light dusting and leave the palette at home because the color has real staying power. As most of my reviews revolve around finding products that can weather my 12-13 hour work days, I couldn't be happier with this inexpensive blush that needs no touch up. This speaks volumes because I blot my oily face throughout the day and this blush holds up. Hasn't started trouble with my newly sensitive skin: no breakouts. What an unexpected find.

Now I must take one lippie off for packaging. After a steady month of use, I still have a fumble and fight to open the package everyday. And the packaging looks none too cute, like something aimed toward the preteen market.

on 1/12/2008 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like NYC blushes. I have high end blushes such as MAC and the NYC are just as great!
I have two shades I think are LE, plum falls and fall-in-love.
fall-in-love is my favorite blush, it's a deep peachy pink with slight shimmer and the color warms up my pale skin and looks so sexy and glowy!
plum falls is a pigmented deep plummy color and I don't often reach for it because it is really dramatic on me, almost bruise-like.
I don't really like the packaging all that much but for 2.00 what do you expect?
Great product, I highly recommend.

Popular Blush Products