October 23, 2014 | 1696 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tammiterry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I am 35 an have been having "teenager breakouts" with my period every month. I started using this after I clean my face with Apple cider Vinegar and I have had no acne and my pores actually look smaller. I can definitely see a difference in the appearance of my skin. Completely worth the money...unfortunately...it appears this item might have been discontinued. I am unable to locate at Walgreens anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ive been usi g this for a while now, the price is fantastic for the generous amount you get. Its also a pretty high percentage of alpha hydroxy acid. The packaging kind of sucks because its a jar that you need to stick your fingers I but honestly that doesnt bother me whatsoever.

I use this at night because I have sensitive skin and this does cause me to turn kinda pink. But I wash my face and then apply a small amount all over my face and neck; then I apply my moisturizer on top.

It does cause a small amount of tingling/burning, but nothing unbearable, not to mention I dont put this too close to my eyes. My skin feels very soft and plumped the next morning and I love that. Idk about wrinkle reduction as im 26 and only have fine lines on mh forehead and between my brows. But I'm hoping this helps to delay any other wrinkles. Its important to note this is not a moisturizer on its own and should be followed by one.

Yes I'd purchase over and over again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I've been experiencing moderate breakouts since I hit puberty and nothing I've tried has ever helped until I tried this stuff out. It's very inexpensive at $8.99 for 4.0 oz, and since you just have to use a tiny amount for it to work, it lasts ages! It also goes on sale pretty often, I believe I got mine for $6 or $7.

I start out by taking my makeup off with coconut oil and ground oatmeal on my face, and the garnier cleansing oil on my eyes (I don't use the coconut oil on my eyes because it makes my vision blurry for too long). Then, I wash my face with Purpose gentle cleansing wash. Next, I use the Pixi glow tonic (this stuff is AMAZING!), let it dry, and apply the alpha hydroxy acid. I use a pretty small amount of it, just enough to lightly cover my face. I've found that if you use too much it'll cause little bumps. I had this problem on my forehead, so I just make sure to use a very small amount there and I no longer get little bumps. This stuff doesn't smell great, I'd compare it to Elmer's glue...but a little sour. I let the alpha hydroxy acid sink in (takes about a minute) and then apply my moisturizer (right now my favorite is the Earth Science apricot intensive night cream).

Okay, now to what this has done for my skin. I no longer get awful, long lasting break outs, the surface of my skin is much smoother, and my acne scars are fading away. I don't have any wrinkles, so I can't attest to how it helps in that area. I used to have major issues with my skin looking awful and flakey, no matter how much I exfoliated, what moisturizer I used, etc. but ever since I started using this stuff...GONE. No more flakiness, and I don't have to use harsh scrubs as often anymore.

Be sure to wear sunscreen every day while using this! It makes your skin very sensitive to the sun, and you'll burn easily. I use the Banana Boat natural reflect sunscreen and I've had no problems with breakouts like I do with most sunscreens.

OVERALL, this stuff is amazing and I'm done rambling...but I highly recommend it!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion caused a bunch of bumps under the surface of my skin that made a disaster of an extraction during a facial I had soon after starting this. The lower portion of my face was so bumpy, even if they hadn't formed breakouts yet, and I'd only used this for maybe a week or two. I haven't used it since and haven't had a problem with those bumps so I know it was this lotion.

I just checked out some lists of comedogenic ingredients and this lotion is full of them:

EDIT: I looked this product up on cosdna and wanted to provide their comedogenic/irritant ratings (0-5 scale) for this lotion's ingredients: isopropyl palminate, (acne 4, irritant 1); stearic acid (acne 2); cetyl alcohol (acne 5, irritant 2); dimethicone (acne 1); PEG 100 stearate (acne 1); sorbitan stearate (irritant 1).

I know it's probably difficult/impossible even to find makeup/skincare products without some ingredient that would appear as a 1 at least, but having multiple comedogenic ingredients with that high of ratings is unacceptable for me. There's gotta be better options out there for moisturizer.

People here seem to love it so I won't say stay away, but for the love of your skin, I'd recommend doing a patch test somewhere other than your face first. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by sherie90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product each night for three weeks and I'm loving it! It has decreased my pore appearance and acne breakout. I had quite a few blemishes from previous breakouts and those have lighted up also. I will make this a staple product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

I'm on my second jar. It's called "Studio35 Beauty" at Walgreens. I love it. It makes my skin more even toned and it brings back the rose in my cheeks! Diminished lines on my forehead and between my brows and small little laugh lines that were forming. Is fading a few light brown sunspots that appeared within the last year as well. As another reviewer said, it IS hope in a jar. It delivers. Personally, I see better results from this product than pricier retinoids I've used.

I simply remove my makeup at night thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and washcloth, then apply this AHA all over my face, hit the hay, then wake up with supple skin and rosy cheeks. In the morning, I cleanse gently, and apply BB Cream with SPF 30 (you need to wear a sunscreen when using AHAs!! Trust me, I know. I didn't once when using this and the brown spots came back). I highly recommend this and I hope they never discontinue!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cheekyjaney

This is my first ever review here in MakeupAlley and it is for a product that is really worth 5 stars, doesn't even matter about the packaging, you can always do something about that.

I have been using this for a month now and I just love it! Before that, I used Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner and I only have great things to say about the effect of ACV on me but since I started with this product, I haven't touched ACV since. No break-outs even during periods and it just leaves your skin smooth. I only use it as night cream. I have keratosis and I will try it on my arm as well. I live in Canada and my sister had to buy me a tub but when I visit them this Christmas, I'm sure to stock up for an entire year! She is using this now too.

Thanks MakeupAlley as I wouldn't have known about this product if not for the product review page I see when I first log in. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really effective AHA for the price. I use it once a day at night, which may be too much for people with really sensitive skin but is perfect for me. I don't break out much anymore, just a couple pimples around that time of the month but this helps any problems heal in just a few days. It's also considerably lightened the hyperpigmentation marks on my cheeks from mild/moderate acne. My skin has just become better textured and more glowing since using this product, and for the super cheap price it really can't be beat. It's a little glue-like and not very attractively scented, but I think I can handle it for $8 and a whole tub full of benefits.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by dcoulon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a MIRACLE cream. I was doubtful at the beginning--I used it for several nights and noticed little change. However, once I paired it with a stiff body brush, I saw miracles! For as long as I can remember, I've had little red bumps on my legs (especially on my thighs). I've tried everything--aggressive loofah-ing, body scrubs, etc. After FOUR DAYS of body brushing every night, then showering (to rinse off the dead skin cells), then applying this cream, my legs are silky smooth and completely bump-free! I couldn't believe it, even my husband commented on how smooth they were! I can't recommend this cream enough, but I want to emphasize that for me I really noticed a significant difference only when I paired it with a body brush. Now that my legs are smooth, I use this cream only a few times a week. It does increase sensitivity to sun, so I always make sure to apply sunscreen (which I do anyways).

I have only one quibble--I dislike that this comes in a tub, rather than with a pump-dispenser, since it's very liquid-y and I feel like I'm contaminating the tub every time I grab some of the cream. But I just make sure to only apply after a shower, when my hands are clean!

A quick note: my cream is called "Studio 35 Beauty," which is the new name for the Walgreens brand. It's a bit more expensive (like a dollar more than when it was just under the Walgreens name) but I don't even care, that's how much I love this cream!

EDIT: I've been using this cream for several months now, and not only did I buy another tub when the first ran out, but I actually stocked up in case my store ran out! I never stock up, but this cream is amazing. My legs are silky smooth now (no more red bumps!). I even have a friend with acne scarring on her face, and since she started using it her scarring has become visibly less noticeable. I highly recommend giving this cream a try!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. The trick really is to pat it on your skin until it's absorbed and not to rub it in. I will continue to buy this and it is now a part of my daily skin care routine.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No