July 29, 2014 | 2013 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Lip Liner- Brick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip-liner is certainly a little on the pricey side however I was pleasantly surprised by the lasting power of it. I tend to pair it with many of my red lippies and it helps with the staying power, I will be purchasing a few more of these liners in various colours

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG everyday lipliner. I am always wearing this. It's a perfect match for Viva Glam I but I use it with all of my reds. Before I was devoted to MAC Cherry but once I found Brick it was all about Brick. The formula is lovely, lasts all day and I don't have to reapply. My lipstick, yes, but not my liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I LOVE THIS LIP LINER. It truly is the perfect red shade. It also has WONDERFUL lasting power. I know it is a bit pricey but I think it's worth it, I've had it for half a year already and have only sharpened it once. and trust me, I use it at least 2 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, I have now decided to wait a couple of days before reviewing most products, because by now, I am not only "the return lady" -but, also, as the- "changes her mind, updates reviews-lady". Lol! This is the BEST shade, best lip liner -BAR NONE for me, at least-EVER! With my naturally ash tone hair, (used to be a natural redhead & then dyed my naturally curly hair for years-have not dyed it in over 5 yrs. now) in my late 50's, pale but with cool & warm tones, I have been having a horrible time, finding a basic lip liner & red, up until 2 days ago! I decided that Half Red was a tad too dark on me- I could see the outline whenever my lipsticks wore off & it was just too dark. This is a perfect red for me! I had tried near every red lipstick that MAC makes-Russian Red, Ruby Woo, MAC Red-the Cherry lip liner- either all were too bright, drew orange or BOTH! And as I say, the Half Red which I had used when I had the red hair-now looks a little too dark-although I got a compliment on it when I wore it with Crème Cup. Getting back to the Brick- everything I read on here is true! It can be worn by itself-or is perfect with other lipsticks I have presently. (one red that I find perfect is L'Oreal "Blushing Berry", which is a shade of red.) A MAC sales rep said my lipstick was gorgeous & I told her it was L'Oreal! I come to find out that with being cool & warm tone-pale skinned, I look best in a tad of brown blue based reds. So berry & wines-some mauves-some roses- some pinks. I hope MAC never discontinues this gem! At last, I found the perfect lip liner & although I am on a fixed income-if I were on an island & could have just 2 cosmetic items-this, & Merle Norman's "Automatic Fine Brow Pencil" in Taupe-would be the 2-(hopefully, I will never be In that situation) I hate to spend $$$ on cosmetics-it is a trivial thing in the big scheme of things & as I age, I realize how little true beauty has to do with appearance-that it is indeed, an inner thing. So, bottom line I am not a fan of big buck makeup companies in general. That said-I love this lip liner! And at some point-may try the "Viva Glam I" & "Dubonnet" lipsticks by MAC, as well (I actually found out that those 2 would look best on me-as far as red lipsticks by them). I do like that they donate to great causes. And they are not-the highest priced department store brand, by any means. Whew! The end! UDATE TO MY UPDATE-I still love this lip liner!! I returned the Crème Cup lipstick, however. And returned the L'Oreal lipstick in the Blushing Berry. I am now a Revlon lipstick person all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous colour, easy to apply. I team it with Mac Lipstick Russian Red. I fill the entire lip area with liner which I think makes the colour look cooler or darker, perfect for an evening or winters day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mac truly has the corner on the red lipstick market and this liner is a winner. I really don't think that it pairs with Ruby Woo at all: Ruby Woo is a blue based red and is sooo matte I wonder why anyone would even use a liner with it (??) As for the Brick liner- it is so creamy I like to wear it alone. Perfect warm red for me as I am fair/olive skinned. For a different look I dab on a bit of Viva Glam gloss . To me, this color is basically identical to Viva Glam 1 lipstick, which I also use without a liner because it really doesn't need one. I hate the look of the obvious "liner plus lipstick" look. Some lipsticks stand alone, and this liner looks fabulous alone, too! Helps cut the cost for cost conscious shoppers. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I just bought this to go with Ruby Woo. Perfect combination! Together they give me a full, sexy red pout.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by LaRubiaAlta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It feels like a lot of money, but it lasts forever, even through eating; the color is consistent and PERFECT; and it makes me look like I have lips!

It's really hard to find yellow-based reds. Brick is red enough to stand on its own and/or under gloss and brown enough to neutralize any too-blue lipstick with which I might get stuck.

I only wish it were available in a retractable form. Sometimes ya just don't wanna tote around a sharpener! That and the simplicity of the packaging are what caused the 3 rating. There's nothing WRONG with the quality, but it's not this drop-dead stuff, either!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a good product, but I've seen cheaper red lip pencils that does a comparable job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great liner - purchased to go with Viva Glam I.