MAC Lip Liner- Brick

4.5

on 6/2/2015 9:17:00 PM

I hate paying a lot for skin care, hair care and makeup but when you find the perfect product it is worth the price. MAC Brick lip liner is one of those things I absolutely love. I would rather spend $19 for a fantastic lip liner that doesn't tug at your lips when applying or bleed once on. I have a lot of trouble finding a red to match my skin tone and brick is a great shade, I use this all over my lips as a lipstick instead. You can achieve a matte look by blotting your lips after applying followed up with a dusting of translucent powder, voila retro red! Or add a little gloss for a satin shine although the liner itself is creamy enough to wear alone. Rich pigment with staying power. I have Auburn, Plum and Spice liners by MAC as well, all of which last forever! An added bonus is they don't have the same yucky smell that lipstick typically has. These liners are so versatile and can match, enhance, or compliment your lipstick depending how you pair them up. Go ahead and splurge, you won't be disappointed. If there is only one product I could purchase from MAC it would be their lip liner. There really is no substitute.

on 5/17/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Nice colour, easy enough to apply. Sometimes you have to tug a little, but usually it glides on. It's not creamy or buttery, and the pencil has a super fine tip so you have to be skilful. It's nice though, good staying power and looks really nice mixed with lip balm for a natural tint that lasts ages.

on 4/1/2015 1:53:00 PM

Best complementary lip liner for mac russian red lipstick.

on 9/14/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Mac Brick is a great lipliner, especially for people who love their red lipsticks. I use Brick with Mac red shades, Dr. Hauschka 04 and Lavera deep red. It works great! It's long lasting, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it is quite versatile. With Mac Spice lipliner, it is a staple for me.

on 8/8/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best red lip liner for me. It is a perfect match for Viva Glam 1 and this pairing creates the perfect brick red for my lips against my NC50 skin. I also use it to line my lips when wearing Ruby Woo. It goes on smooth and creamy and is pigmented. It can also be used alone with the VG1 lipglass on top or just clear gloss. Definitely a versatile liner for creating red lip looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This lip-liner is certainly a little on the pricey side however I was pleasantly surprised by the lasting power of it. I tend to pair it with many of my red lippies and it helps with the staying power, I will be purchasing a few more of these liners in various colours

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my HG everyday lipliner. I am always wearing this. It's a perfect match for Viva Glam I but I use it with all of my reds. Before I was devoted to MAC Cherry but once I found Brick it was all about Brick. The formula is lovely, lasts all day and I don't have to reapply. My lipstick, yes, but not my liner.

on 8/2/2013 3:46:00 AM

I LOVE THIS LIP LINER. It truly is the perfect red shade. It also has WONDERFUL lasting power. I know it is a bit pricey but I think it's worth it, I've had it for half a year already and have only sharpened it once. and trust me, I use it at least 2 times a week.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Ok, I have now decided to wait a couple of days before reviewing most products, because by now, I am not only "the return lady" -but, also, as the- "changes her mind, updates reviews-lady". Lol! This is the BEST shade, best lip liner -BAR NONE for me, at least-EVER! With my naturally ash tone hair, (used to be a natural redhead & then dyed my naturally curly hair for years-have not dyed it in over 5 yrs. now) in my late 50's, pale but with cool & warm tones, I have been having a horrible time, finding a basic lip liner & red, up until 2 days ago! I decided that Half Red was a tad too dark on me- I could see the outline whenever my lipsticks wore off & it was just too dark. This is a perfect red for me! I had tried near every red lipstick that MAC makes-Russian Red, Ruby Woo, MAC Red-the Cherry lip liner- either all were too bright, drew orange or BOTH! And as I say, the Half Red which I had used when I had the red hair-now looks a little too dark-although I got a compliment on it when I wore it with Crème Cup. Getting back to the Brick- everything I read on here is true! It can be worn by itself-or is perfect with other lipsticks I have presently. (one red that I find perfect is L'Oreal "Blushing Berry", which is a shade of red.) A MAC sales rep said my lipstick was gorgeous & I told her it was L'Oreal! I come to find out that with being cool & warm tone-pale skinned, I look best in a tad of brown blue based reds. So berry & wines-some mauves-some roses- some pinks. I hope MAC never discontinues this gem! At last, I found the perfect lip liner & although I am on a fixed income-if I were on an island & could have just 2 cosmetic items-this, & Merle Norman's "Automatic Fine Brow Pencil" in Taupe-would be the 2-(hopefully, I will never be In that situation) I hate to spend $$$ on cosmetics-it is a trivial thing in the big scheme of things & as I age, I realize how little true beauty has to do with appearance-that it is indeed, an inner thing. So, bottom line I am not a fan of big buck makeup companies in general. That said-I love this lip liner! And at some point-may try the "Viva Glam I" & "Dubonnet" lipsticks by MAC, as well (I actually found out that those 2 would look best on me-as far as red lipsticks by them). I do like that they donate to great causes. And they are not-the highest priced department store brand, by any means. Whew! The end! UDATE TO MY UPDATE-I still love this lip liner!! I returned the Crème Cup lipstick, however. And returned the L'Oreal lipstick in the Blushing Berry. I am now a Revlon lipstick person all the way!

on 12/18/2012 9:43:00 AM

Fabulous colour, easy to apply. I team it with Mac Lipstick Russian Red. I fill the entire lip area with liner which I think makes the colour look cooler or darker, perfect for an evening or winters day.

Popular Lip Liners