Lancome Absolue Night Cream

3.9

on 4/19/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm surprised Lancome include denatured alcohol so high on the ingredients list for all the products in this line - surely this is counterproductive in an anti aging line as it severely dries out the skin. Anyway, I received the serum and substantial pots of the day and night cream as a GWP. I'm not impressed. The night cream doesn't moisturise at all. I have noticed a bit more radiance, but it's not worth having bone-dry skin. I'm looking for a quality, rich anti aging cream. I normally use Lancome Nutrix (the classic one!) which is much more moisturising and soothing than this, not to mention a lot cheaper, so I'll go back to that at night.

on 12/15/2013 1:18:00 PM

I got a good-sized sample of this product, .5 oz., but I just cannot fall in love with it. I do not really like the smell and I am not that impressed with the results of this cream. It seems to be very mediocre for the price. it moisturizes okay, but so do many other cheaper products. Actually, I think a lot of Lancome's products are overrated and ineffective. Three stars maximum for this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was given a jar of this and have been using it nightly for a month now. I am not impressed considering the price. My skin is combination/oily and this does almost nothing to moisturize, and I cannot tolerate the scent of roses. An hour after it's on, my skin feels as if nothing has been applied. I much prefer Merle Norman Nighttime Recovery cream and will return to that.

on 2/24/2011 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this in a gwp some time ago. I don't think I will purchase the full size product. It has a somewhat strong scent of roses which I actually really like and it absorbs into my skin really easily. It does add the needed moisture when I apply it to my skin but as soon as I wash my face in the morning my skin is back to being dry again so I feel like it is almost a short term fix...maybe I need to use this for more than a month to see lasting results or use this during the summer. I don't think this really did anything for a couple of fine lines I am starting to develop either.

on 5/30/2009 1:58:00 AM

I have been using Lancome since I was 16, back in 72'. My favorite for ever is Tonique Douceur, a skin toner with the scent of roses, just beautiful! I still use it to this day everyday. The face creams have come and gone with new formulas and now I use all the Absolue products. The eye cream is excellent, i am addicted to this product (i also like the progress eye cream for winter as a night time eye cream). The day and night Absolue creams are the best ever for the money...along with good facials (at home or salons) and the use of these creams, your face will glow with health (facials are extremely important for any creams to work properly!!!)...as far as colors, i'm open to just about any product....but all of my cleansers--face and body--has to be Lancome...I have yet to find a scent more intoxicating than the Hydrative line. The shower gel and body scrub are divine, and with just a little dab of the hydrative body lotion in the right places, you have an all day scent that is like heaven, I always get compliments. (i use Cural for all over my body, its the best for intense moisture and relief). I would like to try other face creams, but I just don't have the time.

I really like this night cream. It's not too thick and feels really soothing on your skin.

on 12/5/2008 1:07:00 AM

I have dry skin that is super dry in the winter. If I do not stay up on my microdermabrasions monthly and use my AHA's I am sure to break out. A friend gave me her jar of this way over priced (IMO) Lancome product. Now, I love Lancomes's make-up and I have heard amazing things about their new anti-aging serum line that just hit stores. But this product is NOT a miracle product it does not deliver on it's promises in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It's a great moisturizer, but because I used it in the winter months, I broke out because it contains a fragrance which some people may love, because it actually does smell amazing. But this was over priced and did not deliver the goods on wrinkle reduction, I now use it on my neck and hands.

on 3/17/2006 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just an average night cream, not nourishing enough and very basic ingredient list. This won't anti age anything! and you'll need more moisture if you have dry/dehydrated or mature skin. Save your money and buy two other nice Pevonia products you really like for half price as this... just a crazy price for this level of cream.

on 2/22/2006 8:15:00 PM

400th REVIEW!!! *confetti in the air* This is a very nice thick cream that absorbs well into the skin without feeling greasy. Absolutely for nighttime! Update: this is an average product that stings my eyes :/

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a great night cream ... I have normal skin to begin with but it really hydrates, softens and makes my skin feel great the next day. The only downside is the pricetag - I just don't think it's worth it. I have a bonus size sample of this and have been using it consistently for 2 weeks or so - it's great but I think there are equally good options for lower prices (Clarins multiactive night for example)

Popular Face Skincare Products