September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Hair Treatments - Phyto - Phyto 9

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by RagDollDance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My super dry curls require a daily leave in conditioner, and my local Sephora quit carrying my standby (Quidad Moisture Lock), so I did some poking around the hair care area and came across this. I am on day three, and I LOVE this conditioner. Yeah, it's natural and whatnot, but I don't even care about that (better living through chemistry!). It WORKS! It keeps my curls soft and relatively frizz free, doesn't have an overpowering fragrance (I am quite sensitive to such things), and is easy to use. The only downside is that it is a bit pricey. But hey, at this point, I will just deal with it. My over-processed dry curls love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by lovechanel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only styling product I use now. I went cone free and my hair is a million times better. I needed a cone free styling product and in came Phyto 9. I use Rene Furterer carthame shamp and condish, both silicone free, and my hair looks much better and is not a dry broom. I may get the phyto straightening serum for salon blow outs since it is also cone free but I am loving phyto 9. Wash your hair well, with a non-silicone shampoo or this stuff cant get in, cones block everything out and that is a high possibility as to why your hair is dry. Took me 5 years to figure it out. If you use phyto on clean hair, you will see how awesome it is. The tube is small, very small, brace yourself and visualize a small tube so you are not disappointed. I have only had it a few weeks but wager it will go about 3 months. Worth every cent. It adds shine, softness, cuts the frizz and doesn't damage my hair one bit, makes it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product.
Its been a while since I came across such a wonderfully easy but so efficient product like this.
Phyto 9 is a nourishing day cream for ultra-dry hair containing some great ingredients like macadamia oil, calendula, sage, soybean etc. It is almost odourless however does have a slight soy/macadamia oil type smell, but its nothing overwhelming & NO artificial fragrance.
Its a leave-in treatment that can be used every day. A small pea sized amount is used. Rub it in your hands to warm it up & emulsify & then distribute through your hair.
I am so addicted I keep this in my makeup bag & although I dont use it every day, I do use it most days for some extra moisture.
HG product for sure - will never be without.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG leave in conditioner, gives my hair the extra moisture it needs & does not weigh my hair down. For reference, I have fine, thin, long, chemically straightened hair that is washed every day. I switched to this from Phyto 7 when my hair needed more moisture. It's expensive but I haven't found a cheaper comparable cone free leave in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by daarkrai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Even though it's not the cheapest you can get and it doesn't seem like there's much of the product in the tube, I've been using it over three months and still got like the half of the package left. After washing my hair, I put a little (size of a chestnut I'd say, but my hair isn't that thick) in my hair ends and rub it in. It really does magic with my thin and even somewhat sparse hair. After drying it's soft and healthy looking like with no other product. I definitely recommend this and will be getting another tube of this miracle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by pinktranquility

I permed and coloured my hair. I tried many leave-in creams and serums. This Phyto 9 cream has no effect on my hair and is a waste of money though I applied 4 generous pea size of it each time. Kerastase leave-in cream and serum work better on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by andijan

Heaven. My hair is in heaven... and I can hardly believe it was always right there in front of my eyes! My hair is soft, shiny, soft with out any frizz. But let me tell you, I kind of cocktail it up. I take a pea size of Phyto 9 and the tinest drop or 100% pure Argan oil and mix together in my palms. I smooth it in my ends. Then, for a little bit of silicone on top - I use Aveda Light Elements Smooothing Fluid (because it takes me forever to get through one). I love this stuff. I get not wanting to use tons of silicones, because my hair usually ends up just being coated but not moisturized. Moisture is key for my hair. Phyto is simply the bomb. I've tried tons of other leave-ins, but they were just not right. I miss Aveda's Elixir, but this is even better than that. I only use a pea size and I have enough hair for two people. My hair is shoulder length. Anyway, try it from somewhere you can return it just in case. but I am so happy to have found this little gem.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Melabell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have curly, fine yet a LOT of hair. My hair is past my bra strap in length and I can wrap a brand new hair tie around only twice (thickness). I have been bleaching/highlighting my hair for years and it was very evident. I was using Macadamia hair oil and I liked that, but it didn't seem to help with humidity and as a beauty junkie, I wanted to try something else anyway. What I really wanted was a light-weight super moisturizing product for my hair... this is what I got:
* It is super light-weight, and after rubbing together in my hands it does seem to go farther.
* I concentrate this on the ends mostly, and then work my up the lengths of my hair to about mid-shaft.
* I start with a dime size amount on just the ends, and then I add another dime sized amount to work on the lengths. So, in that respect, for the amount you get and for the price, it's very steep. Not worth it in my opinion.
* My hair is not noticeably "healthier looking" after using. My ends are still pretty crispy (yuck) and frayed looking (even after a trim only 2 weeks ago).
* It did add a subtle amount of shine, but I felt like I got more out of my macadamia hair oil in that regard.
* There is not a strong smell, it hardly smells of anything at all. Which is nice because it doesn't compete with other fragrant products.
* The metal tube packaging is something I am just not a fan of. I feel like I have to work so hard to try and move product from end to tip, and when there is a lot in there still, no matter where you squeeze it or how hard, if the lid is on it, be very careful the next time you open it. It will ooze out right away.
So, my overall feeling of this is a 3. Packaging is a (-), overall effectiveness on its own is = (meh), and the price is outrageous (-). I received a sample of the Bumble and Bumble invisible hair dresser's oil and I mixed it with the Phyto 9. The B&B product is wonderful on its own, but really enhanced when I mixed it with the Phyto 9 and it really maximized the effects. So, if you have it and don't want it to go to waste, I recommend using it with another hair oil. I think this would be okay if your hair is JUST dehydrated some, but with damage and dryness/dehydration, you are better off with something else in my opinion. Save your bucks. Invest in a nice leave-in conditioner, like "It's a 10".

p.s. I did try this both on dry and wet hair and neither produced results that were swoon worthy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crazypinkhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing!! its moisturizing yet lite on my hair! i normally dont use leave in conditioners, but this product is great for flyaways, esp in canada, weather is always dry. cheapest place is at college spadina hair care store. That store carries alot of products!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by missheathie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this stuff! Ladies please take my advice and buy! I have a ridiculous amount of bleach and color on my hair- on top of ultra thick, course curly/wavy hair! I hvaent been able to JUST blow dry my hair without using a flatiron since I began coloring my hair, and this stuff made my end (and the rest of my hair) so smooth! It also isnt loaded with plastic fillers and binders like some of the cheaper products from the drugstore- I am a drugstore junkie but not with my hair! It is a small container but you TRULY only need a pea sized amount- my hair has the thickness of a horse tail (haha) and is about to my bra strap and I only used a pea sized amount (when you warm it up in your hands it kind of spreads!) and VOILA! Gorgeous hair!!!! Give it a shot- I purchased at Sephora- the nice thing is if you dont like it you can return it! :)