Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

Smells like yummy ginger ale. I love it.

on 2/6/2015 12:29:00 PM

LOVE this scent! I am not a fan of perfumes and scented stuff because it can really overwhelm my allergies. However, this stuff is fantastic!!! If you like the Ginger Shampoo from Origins, you will love love love this perfume. It smells identical to the shampoo: warm, spicy citrus scent. Lasts a long time too. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny.

on 11/29/2014 12:09:00 AM

Middle Notes
Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Coriander, Violet Leaves, Jasmine
Base Notes
Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood

I love this fragrance. I love it because I can spritz it first thing in the morning and not feel nauseated. I love that it isn't over-powering. I love that it's light and refreshing for the summer and cozy and warm for the winter. I also love that it's relatively inexpensive and that the bottle is simple and no-fuss.

This is my go-to frangrance when I don't feel like wearing a fragrance and even my simple vanillas seem too sweet or too overpowering. I get a warm, sparkling ginger that fades after a few hours. I don't think it's a strong fragrance, but I do think it's noticeable and that it lingers for longer than the wearer realizes. I think that ginger is one of the fragrances that humans become easily immune to over time, and I find that I need to take breaks from wearing it, or else I can't smell it anymore.

Some people brag about the bravery of blind buys. I can do one better: I brave MALL DEPARTMENT STORES to purchase this fragrance!! That's right, I make my way through the crowded, presumptuous, consumerist hell in order to be up-sold with a thin-lipped smile in order to procure this fragrance. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves ginger and is looking for a versatile fragrance.

on 3/28/2014 2:47:00 PM

I love this fragrance so, so much. On me, it's very light and fades quite quickly, but the scent that lingers is so fresh and lovely. The fragrance is a light floral with citrus, and a hit of spicy ginger that gradually fades. I love that it's not overpowering, and that it smells so clean and pretty. I hope Origins doesn't discontinue this, as I haven't loved any fragrance like I do this one in a long, long time.

on 2/4/2013 10:26:00 PM

This is a great fragrance available at a moderate cost. It is true that the scent is strong, so buyer beware. I happen to like stronger scents so that was what first attracted me to it. It is also very unique. I have yet to smell a perfume that uses ginger in the way in which it is used in this perfume. It is refreshing. I would repurchase.

on 1/25/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok on my ongoing quest for a new signature scent these past several months I came across a perfume personality test. Corny I know. This perfume was the first one listed. I've never heard of it before. So while out I dropped by the cosmetic counter and had the girl spritzed my wrists. Ummm... Whoa! Immediately I was brought to memories of my dentist's office! Antiseptic. What a let down but I decided I'd roam around and see if maybe it will morph into something else. Am I ever glad I did. After the initial medicinal smell wore off about 15/20 minutes in, I was pleasantly surprised with such a nice ginger scent. Not too potent, but not too soft. Then the citrus began coming through in little pops. After about an hour is when I got the sweet ginger ale scent a lot here have described. Took a little while with my chemistry. Its such an interesting scent. And I say that in the best way. I've never smelled anything else like it. A lot have commented that it doesn't last long. It's been nearly six hours later and I still faintly smell it lingering. I also like that it doesn't dry down powdery. So many scents seem to start well and end with powder. I'm not a fan of that. Many also have commented that they like it as a fall/winter scent. Personally I think this scent can be worn year round. Too me its very sunny, fun, and bubbly but not in a tweeny bobber kind of way. It does have class and sophistication. I'm very frugal and I did walk away with the rollarball of the Ginger Essence Intensified (for starters) I will he back for more....Score!

on 1/22/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this perfume. It is so delicate and it smells wonderful. The only drawback is that you cant smell it throughout the day. It fades. Even when pairing the perfume with the roll-on version on top it wont last all day, 2-3 hours at the most. I love the scent so I will continue to buy this perfume. Currently, using bottle #2. Genius scent, sucky staying power.

on 8/8/2012 5:47:00 PM

While I really love the beginning of this scent (gummy coke bottles! Awesomeness!) it lasts milliseconds on me, and that's on either skin, or sprayed under clothing. I went through a 100 ml bottle in no time flat (fine, yes, I was using it as a body spray, basically) which Never Happens. So I will not repurchase because I like to get the occaisonal whiff of myself and my perfue-deliciousness through the day or at least the hour. And this... well, no. It did get compliments from people, but only because I was carrying it around and hosing myself down with it at every bathroom stop, lip gloss refreshing, or stop light. (fine, yes, it's hot. Sue me.) if it was in the post 5 minute zone, then nothing, not even from DH who generally comments favorably when possible, knowing it earns him bonus points. overall, fun, overpriced, and not going back.

on 8/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I love this fragrance. My husband bought me the 4 mL rollerball one year as a stocking-stuffer; and I hoarded it like a crazy person until I just decided to GO BUY A BOTTLE.

I actually got the set with the shower gel and the body lotion in addition to the 50 mL spray perfume bottle (and I think it was like $45 altogether).

I just never get tired of smelling it. It's close enough to the body that I don't think I'm being obnoxious or overwhelming; but to me it can be refreshing, or relaxing, or just plain comforting. I don't know, but it just hits those "happy" brain receptors for me.

It is not purely ginger (I think the candles are more gingery-smelling) but I also adore citrus scents. My one complaint is that it doesn't seem to last very long.

on 10/2/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This fragrance is strong enough that it stays on all day, but it doesn’t make me sneeze. Double win! It smells like ginger and citrus, but also like an unidentifiable spice. Vanilla, maybe? It smells exactly like the Origins store, a scent that I can’t get enough of. It’s fresh, spicy, and green– no floral notes here. Every time I smell it, I think of a natural spa, an oasis with lush plants, marble tiles, tropical iced tea, and lots of Moroccan floor pillows. Maybe an elephant roaming by…but that’s just me. Very calming, relaxing, and natural.

When I review a fragrance, I like to picture what kind of woman I imagine wearing it. The Ginger Essence woman is calm and collected–no frills and no drama. She is healthy and independent. She probably has a garden, a few animals, and a slightly bohemian, yet simple style.

Ginger Essence makes a great signature scent because it is recognizable and unique, but appropriate enough to wear just about anywhere. I think it could pass as a unisex scent, though it is marketed as a women’s fragrance.

Popular Fragrances