July 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Ink Lip Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by kaylnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this lip stain in Envy, which is a red/rose water color.This product is like liquid lipstick in a bottle. Great soft sponge brush and application. A must for the woman on the go!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by prillita

I bought this a while back and always reach for it when I need to quickly put some color on my face, but I was disappointed every time! It only really applies to wet surfaces, so you have to have some kind of moisturizer on your cheeks, or chapstick on the lips. Just a really bad idea. I was drawn by the packaging, and the idea of a felt tip application, but it really sounds cooler than it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally love lip stains, but this one is a flop. First, the color is way too intense for a stain (I bought this in Spank, a very dark deep magenta). Stains are usually somewhat sheer, but this is like using a marker. The thick marker tip is not good for such an intense and long lasting color because its too hard to be precise, and if you make a mistake, well....well, just DON'T make a mistake. It bleeds into the surrounding skin as well (even if you are young and have no wrinkles around your lips). This *might* work if you want a serious goth look and are very steady and precise in application, but for most women, I would recommend Stila Li Rougue instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Spank and Bitten, both very pretty colors that, if applied well, look great. However, there's the problem: the marker-style packaging makes it look about as natural as a Sharpie. Additionally, one of the shades dried out really quickly and became even more difficult to use. Now they have Lip Envy stains, which I'm excited to try--hopefully those have the same pretty effect without all the scrubbing and re-applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ToxicVamp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im not sure what to think of this stuff. It looks good on your lips but it doesnt stay on very long like its suppose to. I was kind of disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jgirlygirl01

I bought this in Naked and I was really hoping that it would stay on all day but I have to apply it just as often as any other lip stick product. Also you have to put a gloss or something over it because it is very dry. The only reason I didn't return it is because the color is nice. I will use this one up but won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by heidiland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff really works for me. I always wear a sheer gloss on top of it, which seems to keep the color longer, while also keeping it from getting too dry. I've found that if you wear it by itself, it can give you dry, crackly, lizard lips. I am very fair skinned, and the Naked color goes on as sort of a warm, subtle, neutral, red. Unlike most long wearing lipsticks, this actually wears a long time without feeling too think, or strange. Long wearing lipsticks feel weird to me, but this doesn't. As I said before, it's soooooo much better with a sheer gloss over it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is the best of these ink marker type of products that I have tried, well this and the Tattoo one that Mark makes. This stays on for a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by eppia

Getting this stuff on evenly was way too much of a hassle for me. I have full lips and the applicator wasn't large enough to deposit an even amount of color. Wherever the ink overlapped on my lip, I'd have a darker stain. It took way too long to get it on evenly. Oh, and the taste of it was just awful! If I accidentally licked my lips while wearing it, my tongue went numb! Tip: I was told by the saleslady that if the applicator dried out, I could pull it out with a pair of tweezers, flip it and reinsert it. I never used it enough to dry out the applicator but hopefully the tip will help others who are more patient than I am!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Azreela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Personally I love this stain. Once you learn to apply it correctly it gives you a lovely pouty lipline. My only problem is that they seem to have discontinued my favorite shade "bitten". It was the longest lasting, deep blood red color that I've found, the other colors just don't have the rich color I need.