October 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Gingerly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so mad at myself for not purchasing this blush earlier! I always saw Gingerly when I went to MAC but I always thought it was just a boring bronzer looking shade that wasn't too special but one of the girls at MAC made me sit and try it on my skin and oh my gosh! It's so much more beautiful on the skin than it first looks in the pan. It's a beautiful peachy brown shade, similar to coppertone but a little bit darker and better for my NW40 skin tone. It shows up beautifully, very pigmented, blends like a dream, never powdery or chalky, smooth as butter. I've been wearing this blush for 3 weeks straight now since I've bought it, it's a blush that goes with every eye look or lip color you can think of. Very effortless natural color. Out of the 6 MAC blushes I own, Margin and Gingerly are definitely my most used and favorited shades. Is it pricey? Yes but I believe you get what you pay for. Great quality product that also hasn't irritated my acne prone skin. I LOVE GINGERLY.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is beautiful and I love it but I think it broke me out. :( For what it's worth, I have very sensitive skin. It is a lovely product and a unique shade, so I'm rating it 3/5. Unfortunately I would not buy again.

*update* Tried it again, no breakouts. Yes, I would buy again. It is a straight up orange color in the pan, but it acts as bronzer on my very fair skin and wakes me up in a way that is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lareinix

This was my first MAC blush and is georgeos, im nc 35 and is perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I always hesitate when it comes to reviewing blushes because I just don't think it's fair to give something a low rating due to the color. In terms of longevity and color payoff, it's an average MAC blush. Pigmentation can be built up and it will last a good 4-5 hours. I did not particularly enjoy Gingerly on MY NC25 skin but that doesn't mean it won't work for others. It does come off a little muddy and orange so maybe girls with NC20-NC30 girls should keep that in mind. However, this would look great on NC35 and up girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm an NC40-42.

Holy moly. Can i just say that I absolutely freaking adore this blush oh so freaking much?

I use this blush when:
I don't feel like thinking about what blush to wear
If I'm in a hurry
Strong eyes or lips
Natural flush

Or just about.. anything. Really. Gingerly looks like a neutral blush on me - it adds the perfect amount of glow to my cheeks (despite of its matte-ness) and it never looks unnatural on me. I find that I also don't need to be super careful when applying this one (might be a different story for those with paler skin). It just gives me this very pretty, natural, warm glow.. but different from a bronzer. It's like a very peachy brown that looks so nice and natural on me.

It also stays the whole day, which is news to my very oily skin.

I'd recommend this, especially if you have the same skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this new blush of mine almost every single day for the past several weeks.
It is a great fall color. On my light olive skin tone, this is a dusky, almost earth toned peach. It is well pigmented and I just use a tap per cheek and blend well. I have not had a MAC blush in my collection for many years, and I was pleasantly surprised at the nice feel of this and ease of use. I appreciate the large size of the pan as it can accommodate my large blush brush. I bought Mocha at the same time and I really like that one as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I thought this was a pretty peach, however on my NC25 skin-tone it comes off very orangey, bordering on terracotta. I dislike any sort of orange in my blush so I gave it away. The pigmentation and application were both good though. If you've tried NARS 'Gina' and hated it, stay away from Gingerly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by oaivilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. I originally bought coppertone, but it is way more orangey and bright on my skin. Gingerly is the perfect peachy-brown terracotta shade to warm up my skin. I am a NW 35 with a very warm deep skin tone (biracial). I can see this being muddy on lighter, cooler skin tones.

It wears very well (8 hours) and is quickly becoming my everyday blush : )

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

NC 25/30. This is "supposed" to look great, natural on my skintone, and in fact 2 Mac MAs recommended it. I was looking for something a bit more neutral than my peachy blushes. A total fail on me. Looks muddy brown, terra-cotta even with light application. Maybe because my skin turns blushes a bit darker after a bit? (though this hasn't been a problem w/other blushes). Felt bad but had to return.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by koralam

Favourite blush hands down. If you find yourself gravitating more towards peachier blushes then pink blushes this is the PERFECT blush for you! Its is a lovely matte peach colour, that will just add a beautiful, natural looking hint of colour to your cheeks. Mac as always has such sleek packaging. The only reason for a lippie off is the mac prices. I understand that for higher quality products youre expected to pay more, but im not really thinking about that when im shelling out $30.