L.A. Colors Pink Frost Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I never thought I would like a cool frosty pink, and when I purchased this, I fully expected to hate it. I only got it because it was cheap, and because I didn't have a shade like it in my *small* lipstick collection. I expected it to go on bright or super frosted, but it applies more sheerly and is a very flattering, tastefully frosted, cool toned pink. It smells like vanilla, and does not dry out my lips. I am not sure if the shade varies with the different packaging, but I got mine from Family Dollar. This was the only shade that was almost sold out, and I can see why. I will def. buy a backup when I can!

on 3/25/2015 3:42:00 PM

I bought this for a dollar. I love it. It's a beautiful, soft, baby pink color. The quality, texture, durability, smell, taste are all great. It doesn't migrate above the upper lip, lasts quite long and is very pleasant. It feels like an expensive department store lipstick. The packaging isn't even cheaply made.

My only issue is, with my very light skin tone, it does have more of a lavender, white, blue undertone. Not bad if that's what you're looking for. Just be advised that if you want a peachy effect, this is not the shade for you. It definitely leans toward the blue-pink color. You also might see a tiny bit of glitter (which I don't like) but, that seems to disappear and even 2 hours later, my lips still look very nice in this color. It's a really nice, go-to lipstick that even makes the teeth look whiter. I am please and I'd recommend it.

on 1/26/2013 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This Lipstick is so ew! Well it is one dollar the color of this looks soo trashy and ugly I think it's way too pink for me I have light skin and well it just doesn't look right and its hard to take off. The only thing good about this is the scent smells pretty good like cupcakes. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

on 10/28/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Horrible on my skin. Good thing I only paid 1 dollar for it:( It look like I had just ate a powered donut

on 12/26/2010 7:44:00 PM

With a good lip gloss, this lasts longer, but alone, forget about it! It's a light pink frost. It also smells like bubble-gum? Candy? It has a sweet smell to it that isn't a bother. I use a berry lip liner and throw this on top and then a lip gloss.

on 8/16/2010 5:31:00 PM

I bought this for a dollar, really cheap! I would buy this again. It's pretty, very frosty pink. Great for the price!

on 7/27/2010 1:00:00 AM

~cons~ nothing

~pros~ moisturizing (but my friend said its drying for her soo idk) CUTE color long lasting for the price AND PRICE ( 1.00)
I totally recommend this

on 7/26/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the L.A. Colors lipstick in the color Flower, and it is very pretty. It is a little bit bright for me, so I try not to apply too much. The color is VERY pink, with a little bit of shimmer. It stays on very nicely. To make the color pop, I've tried dabbing some of the L.A. Colors moisturizing clear lip-gloss in the middle of my lower lip. It makes the color a little bit darker, but also shinier. I don't wear this look a lot, but only because it's a little bit mature for me.

on 3/28/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I went out and bought this fabulous lipstick today. I've worn it for a few hours now, and I even got bored and experimented around with it as well, so I feel as if I've test-drove it enough to add its review:

COLOR:: A light pinkish mauve color. Great for cool-colored skin tones. I don't know my exact MAC shade, but I believe to be somewhere around the range of a NC15-NC20.

TEXTURE:: Creamy when applied. It feels soft. However it's really drying, so I suggest pairing it up with either a lip gloss or some lip balm. Or if you're ghetto like me, use Vaseline. ;)

SCENT:: It's very, very hard to describe. It has a weird fruity scent, which when applied is a little bit strong. Overall I like the way it smells, mostly because it's a unqiue scent that I've never smelled before. Ever. Also the scent doesn't last. It's like you can smell it when applying, but once your lipstick is on, so is the smell.

LASTING POWER:: When wearing this lipstick alone, it lasts (on average) for two-three hours. For me personally, that's a looooong time. On top of a base or maybe even layered with lip gloss ect, it'll last even longer....roughly around 30-40 minutes longer.

PRICE:: L.A. Colors Lipsticks all cost around $1.00. They're very affordable.

IS THIS FOR BEGINNERS?:: I highly reccomend people who are new to the make-up world to use cheap Dollar Store make-up such as this. I also reccomend this to people who are trying to figure out what lip coloring looks best on them. For the price and possible learning experience, this can't be beat.

AS A BLUSH:: As everyone and their grandma's know, lipstick can be worn as cream blushes. When Pink Frost is applied as a cream blush, it gives my cheeks a natural yet sublte shimmery glow. On top of primer and powder, it lasts as a soft pinkish blush delight for two, possibly three, hours flat.

To help give you an example of what it looks like in cream blush form, try swiping Hard Candy's Honeymoon Baked Blush onto your cheeks. They look exactly the same, only Honeymoon has a barely-noticeable amount of gold shimmer, unlike this here Pink Frost which has barely-noticeable pink shimmer.

AS AN EYESHADOW BASE:: Lipstick is also good as a cream eyeshadow or as an eyeshadow base for powder eyeshadows. As a cream eyeshadow, it doesn't do anything to bring out my pale complexion and blueish grey eyes. As an eyshadow base, however, this helps my eyeshadows stay on longer for an hour or two. My eyeshadow colors are mysteriously transformed as well. When applied, my bright pink eyeshadow becomes a weird bright pink mauve color. As an eyeshadow base, this causes my eyeshadows to crease after an hour's use, but if you're ever in a hurry or if you're a curious beginner on a budget than I reccomend this as an eyeshadow base.

CONS:: I absolutely adore this lipstick, but the one thing I can't get over is the shimmer. Don't get me wrong, people often tell me that my very own wardrobe pukes glitter and has rough sex with sequins (well they don't really tell me that...) It's just the shimmer in this lipstick accentuates the wrinkles in my chapped lips.

For that very reason alone, I wouldn't reccomend this lipstick for the ederly nor for people like me who have to constantly bite and lick their lips.

I would list the pro's, but I feel as if the only thing keeping this lipstick back from it's full HG potential is the shimmer itself. Period. If not for the shimmer and for the extremely tight welfare check, then I would've bought more of these bad boyz.

In short, L.A. Colors are REALLY stepping up their game. Their lipsticks, while a bit too shimmery and drying, are totally worth a dollar as well as tax.

Recommended for Medium Skin