October 23, 2014 | 2172 users online

Masks - Mary Kay - TimeWise Even Complexion Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by curren3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mask leaves skin bright and glowing after 1 use with cumulative benefits over time. When I use it, people remark on how good my skin looks. I have used it for years and hate running out. Amazing ingredients at a good price. It's gentle And creamy- could be used more than once a week- no problem. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tara2003

My favorite MK product right now. Evened out my skin tone. I usually have red spots. Smoother complexion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have tried many face masks and for me, at most, they were fun for a spa day. I bought this along with the Even Complexion Essence but I feel the real WOW is in the mask. I break out around that time of the month and I use this to help speed up healing. I put it on at night and I wake up the next morning and can see a noticeable difference. The redness is reduced, my skin is clearer, and my breakouts clear within the day. I also have dry skin so face masks can dry me out but this mask doesn't fully dry so my skin isn't parched after. I will continue to purchase and continue to get excited to use this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupforme1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

could someone give me the full ingredients of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for MK's Even Complexion Mask. I'm not sure what is in this, so I researched the site for the details, which I am posting here as a reference. I am not affiliated with MK at all.

Why you want it:
Numerous studies have shown that uneven skin tone can add years to a woman's face. According to Mary Kay Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Beth Lange, skin produces more melanin (the pigment in your skin that gives it color) when it is exposed to UV light. Age spots are the result of cumulative exposure to sunlight and excess melanin clumping together in certain areas of the skin over time.

Ok, we all know this, thank you Dr. Mange....

TimeWise® Even Complexion Mask is the perfect solution for tired, dull skin that needs a burst of radiance. The mask delivers instant brightening benefits so that the skin looks immediately more radiant. The gentle formula leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized, two especially important benefits during those times when your skin needs extra hydration.

I agree with this statement. I use it before my AM shower, brush my teeth, floss, etc. then wash it off in the shower.
How it works
The TimeWise® Even Complexion Mask is formulated with the patent-pending MelaCEP™ Brightening Complex which was developed to fight the environmental elements that can leave skin tone looking uneven and dull while leaving the skin feeling soft and moisturized.

I agree with the above claims.

Ingredients that make a difference:

TimeWise® Even Complexion Mask is infused with botanicals and other ingredients that deliver visible benefits. At the heart of the formula is the patent-pending MelaCEP™ Brightening Complex that contains: Kakadu Plum extract – Derived from the Kakadu plum, a fruit reported to have one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C. For example, the amount of vitamin C in 3 ˝ ounces of Kakadu plum is 3000 mg, while the same amount of orange contains just 50 mg.
Ferula Foetida extract – Derived from a prized plant native to the Mediterranean and known to contain the antioxidant ferulic acid which is widely used in skin brightening formulas.
Helianthus Annuus seed extract – A powerful antioxidant derived from sunflowers that helps protect against UV damage. Sunflower seeds are reported to have high levels of vitamins and minerals, and sunflower oil contains high levels of linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid.
Lactobacillus ferment – A skin-conditioning ingredient.

The mask is gentle on the skin and has a very lgiht, clean smell. I do like the idea that it has ingredients that are known to comfort, brighten and hydrate.

How to use it
After cleansing the skin, apply an even, medium layer of mask to the skin using the fingertips. Allow mask to remain on the skin for 10-15 minutes for optimal results. The mask may not dry completely due to all of the moisture-rich humectants. Rinse or remove with a warm, wet cloth. Use 2-3 times per week.

As I stated above, I use this once a week and use a light layer of the mask. I leave it on for anywhere between 10-15 minutes for the maximum benefit.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm olive toned with intense scarring (hormonal acne) along the jaw and chin area. This mask did nothing to even out the hyperpigmentation in this area. That said, it DID add a glow to the rest of my face, which has no blemishes or hyperpigmentation. Would I purchase again? No. MK over-sold the claims of this product, IMO. It will "even out" a near perfect complexion, but not one with significant discouloration, including melasma, which I have just under my lower lip. Even with the use of SS each day, I saw no difference and used the mask as directed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start with telling you I was a MK consultant. I had to quit because I didn't have time for it. I still use their TW skincare line for oily/combo. This came out before I quit but I never bought it till later. As soon as I received my order I noticed that it said it was ultra moisturizing...something I don't really need. I have combination skin and it was winter, so I thought maybe it will be good. Also note that I was on accutane for cystic acne in 2007 for 6 months and before that I had serverly oily skin. Not a fun treatment with every side effect. After accutane I had dry skin but has become more combo/oily since then. Not as oily as it was. I tried it on the back of my hand before my face. Seemed nice so I put on my face. I left it on for 10 minutes like directed. As soon as I took it off I noticed an adverse reaction! My cheeks were bright red and my face felt irritated but not while I actually had it on. Then I started breaking out with cystic acne! That was in Feb 2011 and now it is May 2011. My face is still a wreck and this is so disappointing after everything I have gone through with my skin.

Never buying again, in fact I am still waiting for the rep to exchange it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful product! I use 2-3X a week. It gives a radiant glow to skin and truly makes my skin feel softer and smoother. I would even venture to say it helps clear my pores, too. It's like a spa treat in your home!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I too am a fan of this mask which is a pure white, opaque concoction that is supposed to help even discolored skin tone. Not that this will help my very deep tissue melasma, but somehow after using this my skin seems to look radiant and alive. I really love this product because it helps to keep my skin soft and smooth and it has no scent. Another great TW product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by emergencyexit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! Has definitely brightened and help even out my skintone.