July 24, 2014 | 1370 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash Call Lengthening Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my Dollarama for $2.50 in the shade Night Owl.
Night Owl is a dark grey color, not quite black.
The packaging for this is so adorable, it caught my eye immediately. It's fancy and I love it so much. Really brought out the kid in me.
For the brush, I was not expecting it to be a lower lash kind of ordeal. It is a brush that looks similar to Maybelline's Lash Discovery, but it is much larger. It makes application a bitg more difficult, I wonder why they didn't stick with a traditional brush.
Now for the product itself- it is a wet formula that smudges a bit. It clumps if you apply multiple coats without letting them set for a bit. If you apply too much mascara on the first coat, you'll end up with spider legs.
This is a product you sort of have to play around with to find what's right and how to make it look just right.
For it's price, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I received this product as a gift. I would never spend my own money on blue mascara. The color is actually really pretty in "peacock" it's an electric blue color. I've only worn it once, but it didn't smudge and the bright color was really fun! I don't really use it, but it does it's job, which is to be a shocking colorful mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging is reeeeeaaaally pretty like everything from hard candy. When I first purchased this I thought is was absolutely amazing. Though when I purchased my second tube I want add impressed. You have to use a white base under this to make it bright and so that it doesn't oxidizes on you. I however hate the brush. To spaced out to separate and can make it clumpy do I put a different wand in it. I always get compliments when wearing this and this us the brightest I havefound

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this mascara in bright pink and bright sky blue.
The wands aren't wonderful but I have yet to be able to find these kind of colours on a regular basis. They also offer bright green and purple mascara.
Definately a must have for those who want to express they're creativity.
They're also quite cheap. Doesn't do anything for length.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Rachel8896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I typically don't have many problems choosing a mascara because I have extremely long lashes. However, this mascara makes my lashes look shorter than they actually are. The formula is super wet, and took roughly 15 minutes to dry! The color itself is very intense and pretty thought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why do people keep complaining that this clumps?? This mascara is simple to use. Nice wet formula (doesnt clump), nice sized brush....coated my lashes easily and separated and lengthened them....this is a LENGTHENING mascara its not going to hold a curl or volumize...this is great for a natural look. Reminds me of the maybelline great lash originial..... I had zero issues using this, just like any other mascara for me! I bought the black shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by olithea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will state right at the opening, I have long, full, dark lashes, so I rarely wear mascara. I bought this product in both Peacock (blue) and Limelight (teal). Both of the colors are very subtle, only showing up at the tips of my lashes where they are lightest. They do a good job making my lashes look longer, and both colors set off my blue eyes very well. The straight applicator brush doesn't give me any trouble to work with, but I usually have some issues with curved brushes. The product can clump if I do too many coats, so I don't bother to try building it up to get more of the color pay off. It dries quickly enough that I don't find smudges on my upper eyelid, but I think it flakes and wears off quickly. I don't wear makeup all day long, so it's not an issue for me. My lashes feel a tad brittle at the end of the day after I remove the color.

I could wish for more color, but I bought these just to play around with and wear for special occasions so I'm not too disappointed. I suppose if I really had to have dramatic teal or blue lashes, I could spring for some falsies.

For everyday wear, I prefer my Colossal Volum' Express in Glam Brown. I don't think I'd buy this product in black or brown and use it on a daily basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by StarrlettAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product caught my eye because it was the only mascarra i have saw that wasnt black so i got it in a pretty color called peacock. I got my first bottle stolen from some girl so i had to but it again which wasnt that bad because how nicely priced it was. When i used it though it was darker then i would have liked and toke a while to dry and it would stain my skin. Not happy with my skin being dyed blue.
I still use it though because besides the down sides i LOVE the color and not alot but still lengths my eyelashes. I especially love it for days when i want to be brightly colored, which is often scince i wear alot of neon and bold colors. But other than this the thing i hate about it the most is it dying my skin. I dont like that at all. I loke as if some one smeared blue dye around my eyes. Like a blue racoon.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never used such a glue-ey mascara. Even after carefully wiping off the excess on the back of my hand as well as on a paper towel, it STILL got all over my eyelids. It even smudged on and above my browbone. Yikes! This is just ridiculous. It made me look like I had 5 lashes max. "Lengthening" my foot!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ellapuggle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The amount of bristles on the brush was excessively taking over the wand. They were also thin. I bought it in the color Punk which is a pretty pink color. I have dark lashes so I had to use A LOT and it looked horrible! It was spidery looking. I've been for the most part disappointed in their mascaras.