Essie Cute As A Button

4.2

on 8/30/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a bright, coral nail polish. It is a pink-red based coral rather than an orange based one and looks good on my NC20 skintone hands. This isn't the most unique colour, but it applies easily and the formula is nice and creamy, however it takes a bit longer to dry than some of my other Essie colours. I use three coats for full opacity, you could get away with two if seeing the nail line doesn't bother you, however I would definitely describe this polish as full-coverage rather than sheer. It is a fun, fruity colour for Summer but it is not special enough for me to repurchase.

on 6/10/2015 3:06:00 PM

I usually don't wear bright nail polish colours but this one is very cute.
It took me a day to get used to it but I came to love the pop of colour and it lifts up my mood.

Its a bit of a coral nail polish. I'm quite pale but it makes my hands look a little tan.
(which I like)

Overall I think its adorable and suitable for other teens and young adults.

on 5/10/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This color didn't look right, it looked tacky on my skin tone.

on 5/4/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this color on my very pail skin. It is really bright and pretty. I would definitely say it's more of a coral than anything. The formula is good and only requires two coats for good coverage. Perfect spring and summer color!

on 2/3/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has no coral in for me, its pink pink pink! But not tarty. Excellent formula of course, thanks Essie. I use it with Sally Hensen Double Duty as a base and Seche Vite liberally over the top. I get some tip wear but its really long lasting. The colour looks good even on my pale hands in winter. The thick brush and easy formula mean you don't spend ages tidying up. It isn't my usual sort of colour (its v girly) but it looks so professional on that its really classy. I use 2-3 coats but there's not much difference between the two. I've mixed it up a bit recently with OPI 'pirouette my whistle' sheer silver glitter on the top halves of the nail, like snowflakes. I think you could do anything with this and it'd look great. EDIT: This is actually the longest wearing polish in my collection of nail polishes, I really really recommend it ladies, I've come to realise there's just no point in buying cheaper polishes that chip easily! Save up and buy a few that really last.

on 1/28/2015 4:44:00 AM

This is a warm, pink-based coral colour. It is a summery shade which stands out without being too bright. It is a lovely pedicure colour and is very fun. It works well on my NC20 skin and does not bring out pink undertones in either my hands or feet. A nice, young Essie colour.

on 8/13/2014 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a hot colour which makes your hands look more tanned. Loving the formula, as always. Will never cheat on Essie again, this is simply the best nail polish brand I know so far.

on 7/23/2014 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The reviewer below nailed it when she said it borders on neon. This is the most beautiful bright, pinky coral I own. A lot of corals I've tried lean either red or orange on me, but this one is PINK!! and I adore it. It's a super bright creme; the pictures shown do not do it justice.
Personally I love Essie's small brush because I can be more precise with it--it gets more in to the sides and corners of my nails without flooding where I don't want it.
The formula is awesome; I almost could have gotten away with one coat, but I always use two. It goes on so smoothly and is a perfect color for spring and summer~for tips and toes!
I also love the square shape of the bottles because they fit together so well in my storage containers.

on 7/18/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice, bright color that goes on smoothly. Very much pinky-coral and borderline neon. Love for summer.

on 5/6/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this color, but the formula is streaky. I found it difficult to work with and get even. It's not bad bad, but it takes patience and time.

It's a pink/coral but on me, I am NW20 (cool toned gal) it looks more orange and bright. I like it on my toes, but not on my fingers as much. It just accentuates how it clashes with my skin tone on my nails.

Popular Polishes