July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Polishes - Essie - Cute As A Button

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is a nice, bright color that goes on smoothly. Very much pinky-coral and borderline neon. Love for summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I really like this color, but the formula is streaky. I found it difficult to work with and get even. It's not bad bad, but it takes patience and time.

It's a pink/coral but on me, I am NW20 (cool toned gal) it looks more orange and bright. I like it on my toes, but not on my fingers as much. It just accentuates how it clashes with my skin tone on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost didn't pick this up because I read a few reviews saying the coral was making peoples hands look weird. I'm a warm toned girl and this color looks really nice on me. It seems more pink than coral on me and it has the perfect stand out factor with my mostly neutral/dark wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I love this color and Sunday Funday! Super pretty coral pinkish color. A top fav and yes please try it! After wearing this for a while I have grown to really love it! The color is perfect... Not too pink and not too orange. Just perfect!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is a really nice coral type shade. Very fun and perfect for summer. Nice for a Mani or pedi. Goes on well. Its bright but not neon. I really like this one. I also have Sunday Funday which to me us similar only that one has slight shimmer in it. While this one is a cream. I like Essie polishes and have quite a few. No regrets on any. If you like coral...you like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As I first applied this, I was a little iffy. The first coat went on all right, but the second coat was streak city. I gave it a chance and put a third coat on and voila! It was beautiful. This is a fun, not too bright coral that makes me feel like it's summer, despite the three feet of snow on the ground.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite polishes in coral. Wasn't sure between Cute as a Button and California Coral, as they look almost the same, except California Coral is little bit darker.
This is very nice summer color, I absoltely love it. And for $3.50 - what can be better?!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely medium pink, shading toward the coral side and perfect for summer. The formula is tricky, somewhat streaky, so two lippies taken off. Once this is finished I will probably try to find a dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color of this polish!!!! And just because of this, I would repurchase it again. For me, the formula's applicatin is problematic because it is very runny and even after two coats, it's very streaky and uneven. I hope that after a couple more applications I will become better at applying this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Eternalsummer

I love Essie polish more than any other I've tried hands down. I know it's pretty expensive, but I think that the quality of the formula and richness of color on the colours I've tried so far is outstanding and that makes it money well spent. I just picked up Cute as a Button because I was literally trying to match the color of my co-workers iPhone case. I didn't bring the case for reference but I got a spot on match, haha!
Another thing to love about Essie is that they seem to have the seasons hottest colours.

When applying this nail polish, it goes on luxuriously thick which is my favorite part, but had to make sure I did very quick strokes to make sure it went on evenly. I actually had to remove and reapply a couple times just to get used to it. I wouldn't say it's very easy to apply, but not rocket science either.

I love Cute as a Button! I also have Set in Stones Luxe Effects which is a sparkle top coat, which I used on my index finger to create a "feature nail"