April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Polishes - Essie - Cute As A Button

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I love this color and Sunday Funday! Super pretty coral pinkish color. A top fav and yes please try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is a really nice coral type shade. Very fun and perfect for summer. Nice for a Mani or pedi. Goes on well. Its bright but not neon. I really like this one. I also have Sunday Funday which to me us similar only that one has slight shimmer in it. While this one is a cream. I like Essie polishes and have quite a few. No regrets on any. If you like coral...you like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As I first applied this, I was a little iffy. The first coat went on all right, but the second coat was streak city. I gave it a chance and put a third coat on and voila! It was beautiful. This is a fun, not too bright coral that makes me feel like it's summer, despite the three feet of snow on the ground.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite polishes in coral. Wasn't sure between Cute as a Button and California Coral, as they look almost the same, except California Coral is little bit darker.
This is very nice summer color, I absoltely love it. And for $3.50 - what can be better?!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely medium pink, shading toward the coral side and perfect for summer. The formula is tricky, somewhat streaky, so two lippies taken off. Once this is finished I will probably try to find a dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color of this polish!!!! And just because of this, I would repurchase it again. For me, the formula's applicatin is problematic because it is very runny and even after two coats, it's very streaky and uneven. I hope that after a couple more applications I will become better at applying this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Eternalsummer

I love Essie polish more than any other I've tried hands down. I know it's pretty expensive, but I think that the quality of the formula and richness of color on the colours I've tried so far is outstanding and that makes it money well spent. I just picked up Cute as a Button because I was literally trying to match the color of my co-workers iPhone case. I didn't bring the case for reference but I got a spot on match, haha!
Another thing to love about Essie is that they seem to have the seasons hottest colours.

When applying this nail polish, it goes on luxuriously thick which is my favorite part, but had to make sure I did very quick strokes to make sure it went on evenly. I actually had to remove and reapply a couple times just to get used to it. I wouldn't say it's very easy to apply, but not rocket science either.

I love Cute as a Button! I also have Set in Stones Luxe Effects which is a sparkle top coat, which I used on my index finger to create a "feature nail"

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kaalo13

This is one of my favourite nail polish colours ever - it is perfect on my skin tone and gorgeous for the spring and summer. The formula was nice and I only needed two coats to get a nice colour. I am wearing this on my nails right now and I can't stop looking at them because I am so obsessed with the colour. My only complaint is that I painted them on Saturday and they're already chipping a little after a couple days. That doesn't bother me too mug though, as I didn't use a top coat and I use my hands a lot so that is expected. Overall, this will be my go-to polish for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine75

Alright ladies....it's time for a real, in-your-face dupe! I love Essie's "Cute As a Button"....it glides on smoothly and really grabs your attention in a festive way right from the get-go. The only drawback that I can find with this nail polish is the price....but never worry, I've found a solution! Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear 405 Coral Wear! Never in my life have I seen such a complete dupe! You will be amazed! I bought the Sally Hansen with 25% off so the price was less than a quarter than that of the Essie. Please look into it and I hope you enjoy the lovely spring festivity this color brings to your life!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Essie is the best brand of nail polish I have used (I have yet to try OPI).

I love how easily it applies thanks to the wide brush. It looks good even with one coat on. It lasts for few days at least, I never wear nail polishes for too long so I don't know how long exactly.

Initially I though the colour would be more of a pink coral (at least on google images) which is why I wanted to try it. However it looks more like a bright coral pink.
I might buy it in the future but I will definitely try more Essie products. :)