December 19, 2014 | 1483 users online

Hair Removal - Clio - Palmperfect

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by EpcotLover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sometimes you can't shave your legs in the shower or in the bath, and this shaver is the next best thing, at least for me. I know I won't get a stubble-free shave from an electric shaver, but this is the closest shave I've ever gotten from one. I generally don't have to go over any areas more than twice to get the job done. Quick, cheap and cheerful! For the price, this is a really good choice if you are looking to try an electric shaver for the first time. I think mine was around $10 at Target. Takes two batteries, I believe they're AA, but may be AAA, check the packaging. This will not replace shaving with a real razor, you will have some stubble left that you can't really see with the naked eye, but if you just need to get the job done quickly and no one will be touching your legs, this works really well!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by RedandGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

$9.99 at the local drugstore. My goal was to be able to shave without cutting myself, and the product was successful in that regard. However, as previous reviewers have pointed out, the product doesn't provide a close shave. You will definitely end up with stubble, especially on your legs. If, like me, you have very light hair, and no one's going to be touching your legs, this shaver is good for a quick once-over if you don't have time for a real shave. Otherwise, stick to a regular razor. Seems to work well under the arms, and works best on medium-long hairs. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by juliaf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in the razor department at CVS looking at refills for my Gilette triple blade razor, Venus this, Venus that, Venus whatever...not really happy about spending lots of money on those things. Then, I saw this and googled it on my phone, and saw good reviews on Amazon. The refills for my triple blade razor were 8.99, and this was 9.99, so, I thought I'd give it a shot. I like the idea of an electric because you don't have to buy (and throw away) blade refills all the time. We have rechargeable batteries at home, so, I figured the thing would pay for itself, with less waste, in no time. I tried it wet and dry. I definitely prefer it dry. After showering, I sit down and shave my legs. I can actually see the hairs better outside the shower anyway because I'm nearsighted. It doesn't shave as closely as a triple blade, but, it does a fine job for everyday shaving. It's portable, and I don't need to buy shaving cream. The only downsides I see so far: need to use on clean skin, definitely prefer dry to wet (it tugged on my skin when wet), and, it's made in China (I'd prefer an American product.) But, aside from that, it is effective, less wasteful, and highly portable. I like it, and, I'm glad I bought it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by JetLilotai

Ok, so for the legs...definitely not. As the previous reviewer stated it leaves patches unshaved and isn't really a close, smooth shave. But for the bikini area and underarms, where the hair is thicker and denser, this is a pretty nice little tool. You have to go over several times, but it does the job. This did not give me any razor bumps or irritated skin and I have very sensitive skin. For 7-10 bucks (depending on where you purchase it) I'd say give it a shot. For all those days you forget to get your bikini zone or underarms in the shower or are just on the run, the Clio is good to have as a back up.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Found this on sale at Target for $7.99 and thought i would give it a shot. I have never used an electric razor before, b/c it sounded scary. But i have issues with shaving with a normal razor so i need to find something that doesn't hurt my legs. I have to let the hair grow real long before i can shave again b/c every other pore with bleed and i get razor burn real bad if it's too short. With this palmperfect, i used it dry and no problems! It's not as close of a shave with a razor, i can see a stub of hair sticking out, but this would work for me. Some sunless tanner on my legs would help with the start contrast between my skin and black stubble. I also saw them at Marshall's for $5.99. Great for when you have to shave real quick but not take a shower. I wouldn't buy again, b/c it's not that close of a shave, but i don't regret getting it.