Maybelline color sensational very cherry

3.6

on 12/27/2014 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very Cherry seems to be a pretty universally flattering shade of red, I'm rather fair, around NC15 and this is maybe the second red lipstick I've found to be flattering. In the tube it looks like a pure bright red, but tones down just a bit once applied. Very Cherry goes on red without being too vivid and in your face. The shade is well pigmented and applies evenly, this also wear quite well for a cream lipstick. I've gotten back into drugstore makeup recently and have been very satisfied with the quality of Maybellines lipsticks, and have bought three in the last month. I even find myself reaching for these more than the pricey stuff.

on 3/13/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The formula is amazing for dry lips...it glides over chapped lips without catching an looks smooth. I just think the colour is a tad off/full on for me. I can't seem to walk out if the house with it on

This is a very nice red shade! Although it does come off a little on the pink side as it begins to fade and wear off, so if you want a true red this may not be the one for you. But this is an extremely nice shade, bright and fun! Fairly good staying power but it does transfer onto cups and food.

on 2/24/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is a nice red lipstick. It's not too over powering, but looks good on my NW43/NC50 skin. I wore it to church and received several compliments.

on 9/20/2012 7:05:00 PM

This was actually this first lipstick that I ever bought, and is my favorite that I own. I am NC 20 coloring, and this works perfectly. I am not one to shy away from colors, and this is a hello there red. I would recommend that if you've never tried a red before this wouldn't be for you. It is a very in your face color, so be prepared for some attention. The staying power I find to be about 5 hours or so, though I do let it set for about a half hour before putting any powder on top to set it more. It is a drying formula, but for the color payoff it is not something that I really care about.
Overall this is an amazing lipstick, and a most in my collection.

on 10/20/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The formula sucks. It is dried and feels and smells like a crayon. The color is pretty though.

on 10/17/2011 2:04:00 PM

I really love this red. I see others call it a true red but it comes off a little pink to me. I felt it was very smooth but it comes off pretty easy. I'm always washing it off my coffee cups. Personally I would rather have a dryer lipstick because it last longer.

But I would love to find a high end equivalence of this color because I think the color is to die for!

on 8/28/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I like the way this felt on my lips, but the color isn't very wearable for those of us who are a bit darker.

Nice color. Very pretty. Stays on quite awhile. Red's in for Spring. Yay !!!

on 2/13/2011 1:54:00 PM

What a fun lipstick shade! The name definitely tells you what kind of a red this is -- a bright, cool, almost pinkish cherry red. I get decent staying power out of this and, as with all red lipsticks, from Chanel on down, I get the best color and staying power when I use a liner.

My two big problems with this product are the scent and the packaging. The scent smells like coconut-scented plastic (to me, at least), although it dissipates quickly. And while the see-through packaging is kinda cool, it gets scratched up like crazy inside my bag. Annoying, but it seems sturdy enough and I don't worry about the cap cracking.

Recommended for Medium Skin