July 25, 2014 | 1901 users online

Cleansers - Oxy - Sensitive Face Wash 5% benzoyl peroxide

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In Canada the 5% one is considered maximum strength (We dont sell 10% BP in drugstores... I THINK b/c I've looked and looked and looked with no luck!) and the 2.5% BP is for sensitive skin.

My review is for the Canadian version: "Maximum Strength 5% BP cleanser"

I've been using this product for.... 3 months and it has cleared up my acne better than many highend products. 1st I started by using this 3x a day (It was that bad) then down to 2x a day and now PM only. Slowly I'm shifting to 3x a week. Pretty happy with what this has given me for results. One key thing to note this is a TREATMENT cleanser. Do not wash off your makeup with this! I usually use a wipe/cleanse my face with the cetaphil bar and then once my face is nice and fresh I cleanse it again with this cleanser. It is a TREATMENT wash! It must be used as such! Use something super gently before hand and follow with this.

On days where I don't apply makeup and ONLY use this cleanser on my face I find I get black heads the next day or so... this proves to me it is best used as a treatment paired with another product that thoroughly washes the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by haIey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I was looking for a new face wash since my sides of my chin were getting little pimples on them. Actually not really sure what they even were because they were not red and really couldn't see them at all except in the sunlight and it bothered me. They weren't filled with dirt but were poppable (I know,bad) I bought this and it did not get rid of those little bumps. But I think it is more my fault since I really do not have acne and this is an acne product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after Stridex discontinued my beloved power pads. I thought since this said sensitive skin, it would, you know, be gentle and stuff. Ha! My cheeks turned bright pink; had to throw it out. Also I hated the consistency. Smell didn't bother me though. Can't speak to how this works as acne prevention because I couldn't use it more than once.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband bought this for himself and I started using it after my face wash ran out. No matter what I've tried, I never have seemed to be able to get completely clear skin (always have a couple dots on my chin or nose) and this face wash finally gave me that! I know it's the benzoyl peroxide in it and I will never go back to a salicylic acid face wash! I still get the typical PMS breakouts, but it's not as bad and my face stays pretty clear otherwise.
We both think this face wash smells kind of weird, but agree that it works well. It doesn't dry out your skin or leave any weird film feeling.
Unfortunately this is not available at a lot of the typical places I shop, so I'm not always able to use it. In the meantime I use Ance Free's face wash with benzoyl peroxide but I prefer the Oxy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by petiteimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!!
Compared to Acne Free or Proactiv or Clean and Clear, etc. this BP face wash is non drying or irritating (for me). It leaves my face so smooth and soft while effectively keeping breakouts at bay. YouTuber echoli says it removes her makeup but i use a separate cleanser for that.

love.

only gripe: packaging, it's a little runny; a pump dispenser would be a little more convenient

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have moderate acne, but lately I was getting quite a few hard, painful cystic bumps on on both sides of my face, by the jaw bone. My acne keeps changing...it seems that as soon as I get it under control, I will suddenly get a different type of acne, or in a different place. :/

Frustrated, I thought I would try a benzoyl peroxide wash since, suprisingly, I had never tried one before. I did research online, because at first I thought BP in a cleanser couldn't work since it is not on the skin long enough, but I found some real research that suggested it can.

I chose this because I know that bp can be harsh/overdrying at the 10% level, and this was the only 5% bp wash in stock. I also picked up the Oxy sensitive spot treatment, 5% bp. I used this cleanser morning and night along with the spot treatment all over (see acne.org, great site) and within three days my cystic acne seemed to just soften and melt away. My skin is not perfect now, especially due to the fact that the cystic acne left dark marks/pruplish pigmentation. But I do not have painful cysts, thankfully. Love these two products right now. Hope to find something I can work into the mix that will take care of these dark marks tho, because Oxy doesnt seem to be helping that.