November 26, 2014 | 1877 users online

Masks - Dermalogica - Sebum Clearing Masque

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I've heard so many raves about Dermalogica products, but this mask was just so-so for me. It does have a drying affect, which is great for oily skin, but it is only temporary. This never had a big impact on acne for me. I have to agree that I get almost the exact same results from the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, and for a fraction of the price of Dermalogica, so that's what I'll be sticking with.
Honestly, the most effective products I've found for my oily, acneic skin have been Paula's Choice Resist 2% and 4% BHA products, along with the at-home peels from Makeup Artists Choice. I highly recommend them if you're constantly feeling like an oil slick and have large pores with breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Ankita1212

I like this product its work on acne skin i m using it 3 times a week will buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Kaitersalad

I love this stuff, but I feel like you could honestly get the same results for much cheaper with the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It's literally the same ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed the instant effects of this mask when I began using it. The effects were SO temporary (1 day) that I would only use this if I was going out that night or something to help control some of the oil on my skin. It was genuinely helpful but sooo short lived.
I liked the feeling of this mask - I felt like I could really feel that it was working when I put it on my skin and my face felt better when it was rinsed off.
When I was in school for esthetics the Dermalogica brand was pushed everywhere, however I have not had any luck with their products except for this mask which I don't even use anymore! I think they are expensive and extremely medicated which may help some people a tiny bit, but only because they have not tried something natural.
I have just switched to all natural Lush products (which I said I would never do) and my skin has cleared up unbelievably. They have a mask similar to this Sebum Clearing Masque that is much more affordable and provides much better results. I've given this product 2 lippies because it will help a little bit, and maybe more for some people - but don't get sucked into to fact that you "need to buy the entire line of Dermalogica products for this to work" because that is definitely not true!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Flattens pimples. Good deep cleansing mask that simultaneously brightens skin. Try using it 3 or 2 times a week and I'm sure you will notice a marked difference in your skin. May not repurchase as I want to try making my own with aztec healing clay, as recommended on this site.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by RiahD

I have very oily skin so I SWEAR by this stuff, especially when I get a bad break out. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this, and I think I will buy it, it feels nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Meh. Dermalogica Bores Me Again. I bought this after a really crappy facial using..GUESS WHAT..Dermalogica products. I went home after that facial and started to break out in deep painful pimples on my neck. I should have told her NO ACTIVE MOIST, but this company has this thing with their packaging. The sterile, no nonsense look lulls me into a false sense of desire for the line. Dermalogica may have been Top Gun in the late 80's but, clearly they have opted for capitalistic fallacy. I will no longer purchase ANY Dermalogica Products, ok, well...maybe Microfoliant.
I have a review on a lovely mask by LUSH that does the job THIS stuff should do, without yeast extract :s I do not like the yeast extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by janneh

Hey, it does what it claims it does... Controls oil well. I could only use this 2-3 times a week without drying my skin out (and I normally have very oily skin). I used the combination: Cleansing Gel (twice daily), Dermal Clay Cleanser (once daily), Sebum Clearing Masque (2-3 times per week), and the Clearing Mattifier (once daily). It didn't last as long as most Dermalogica products, so I do consider this expensive. Packaging is a tube, so it is easy to control how much you use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update: this mask only provides a very temporary effect and is not really worth the money for me.

-----

I've only used this mask/masque a few times, but am already quite impressed! It seems to help clear my clogged pores quite effectively. I'll update my review when I've been using it longer.

This product has been updated since some of the recent reviews and the ingredient list has changed. New ingredients:

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.50%), Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua) Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysorbate 60, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Bisabolol, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Menthol, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1,10-Decanediol, Camphor, Farnesyl Acetate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Sarcosine, Niacinamide, Yeast Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Biotin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Glycine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tropolone, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylpropanediol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No