October 22, 2014 | 1821 users online

Eyeliner - Sonia Kashuk - Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by marciabrdy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. I am allergic to whatever ingredient they use in all the waterproof eye liners so finding something that will stay was a never ending war. I have used every brand in sephora from high end to low. Loreal discontinued my HIP eyeliner so when i came across this one by SK I thought I would give it a try. For me, this stays on ALL day. I dont have to add more mid day. Love the consistency too. It does not pull my eye and glides on easily. My only complaint is the tip. Its a self sharpener but i wish it was a little smaller as you roll it up. Its something i an live with though as it stays on and I am not allergic.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love gel liners and much prefer them to liquid as they tend to look a bit less harsh. I heard great things about Sonia kashuk products as a whole and as well, this liner so I thought it was a no brained to pick mine up in 03 ebony. The liner appears very black and creamy. When I applied it, it went on very pasty and thick. Forgetting the consistency this product was just so dissapointing. It flaked off under my eyes ( can we say cute?) and smudged all over my lids and outer corners :/ and I never touched my face or my eyes... If you want to look like a tired raccoon than this liner is for you. The packaging and price point ($7) however were very impressive.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is an ok gel liner but I think the Elf gel liner and the Mac fluidline are much better. This gel liner is semi-pigmented, flakes a little and is not a very smooth application. I find that I have to go over the line multiple times to get a full black line on my lid and it is not the most long wearing eyeliner I have used. The eyeliner is not very soft and can be difficult at times to have a smooth application. I gave this a 3 because it has some small problems but are easily fixable. I would not buy this product again because I think you get more out of the Elf gel liners or the Mac gel liner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by misanders

When I first purchased this I loved it. I have Ebony and it is a dark black color that is beautiful. The formula was great and easy to work with. But I've had this for two months and it is getting thick and hard to work with. I've tried mixing with a brush, I've tried smaller brushes, but I can't make it work. So much has been wasted I don't think I'd buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this eyeliner. Gel/cream eyeliners are my favorite and I have used lots of brands. This one really let me down. It streaks and flakes. The consistency is not as smooth as MAC Fluidline and it takes longer to dry down.

The wear time is below average for a gel...3-4 hours, tops.

I would not bother trying this again.

Edit: Tried this one more time to be sure...had terrible reaction. Eyes watered and felt sticky and irritated all day.
This is NOT the eyeliner for sensitive eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sofia9714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall I did not like this product. It didn't just take a while to dry, it didn't dry at all. if I touch my eyes at all, or they get a little watery, the eyeliner slides right off. It smudges badly and is difficult to apply. The packaging is cute, but I don't think the product is worth it, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by itzmarylicious

This is such a great dupe for Bobbi Brown's gel eye liner without the high price! I bought this 3x and loved it all 3x. It produces the same results and staying power. Nothing bad to say about this. I agree with the previous reviewer, this one didn't dry out as fast as the Bobbi Brown version. So that is even a bigger plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this liner over a year ago and it still hasn't completely dried out! I think the key to keeping gel liners pliable is closing them as soon as you've gotten the product onto your brush and sealing them tightly. The liner was under $10 at my local Target so the price was fine. However, the liner was not as inky black as I would have hoped. In all this liner was a good buy, lasted a long time but did not provide the color payoff I was looking for. I will be trying the Maybelline gel liner to compare. However, I would not discourage others from trying this liner. I've previously used Bobbi Brown's gel liner and found that it dried out far faster than the Sonia Kashuk version.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a gel/cream liner fanatic. ive been using the type of liner ever since i discovered it probably 5 years ago. what can i say? i fell in love. So, since then, ive tried numerous different gel/cream liners. i decided to give the sonia kashuk one a try, so i purchased it in ebony. This one is pretty good. i wouldnt wear it for extended long wear just because it flakes off after a period of time. but it would hold up for me up to 5hours no problem. its not as creamy as others, but workable. the fact that it stays the same consistency ( not drying out ) definitely makes up for it. ive had mine for i'd say about 5 months now, i used to use it every other day because i was using my estee lauder one, which is much more creamier and longer lasting. i bought both at the same time. used it both as much ( estee lauder's gel liner is pretty pricey, almost $20 i believe. so i tried to salvage lol ) however, my estee lauder one has dried out now, being almost half a year since ive purchased. the sonia kashuk one has pulled away from the sides a little, but overall it is STILL the same consistency. So definitely give it props for that. Color pay off is pretty good. would i repurchase again for 8.99 ? ( at target ) eh.. maybe not. i'd rather invest in a few more dollars and purchase the clinique one instead. THAT gel liner lasted me about a year without drying out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst gel eyeliner I have ever tried. It smudges, which is a problem I never have with L'Oreal's gel eyeliner. I normally don't have a problem with my eyeliner smearing all over the place, my skin is normal and occasionally gets a little dry. Not a fan of this product AT ALL. It's not as black as the L'Oreal one either.