Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate

Avoid this bb cream if you are prone to break outs as it contains Sodium Chloride
Otherwise it looks good on fair skin.

My HG BB cream. I received this as a sample in my Birchbox, and ran out immediately after it was up to buy the full-size.

The product itself is very creamy and blendable. It matched well to my NW20 skin, and gave me a MSBB (my skin but better) glow. I applied it both with fingers and a Real Techniques stippling brush, and it blended out easily with both of these.

This is a perfect summer foundation for me, as it was not incredibly heavy but easily covered my freckles and redness. For extra coverage, I layered MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural on top and it locked in the product for my 12 hour teaching days.

Will definitely purchase again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: I used my sample two days in a row (rare as I'm trying to clear up my skin and avoiding putting anything that isn't moisturizer on it while on retina-a) and ended up with extremely dry skin and dry patches on my forehead and cheeks. Made the flakes around my mouth worse. Would not recommend.

I really really wanted to love this product but I unfortunately will not be repurchasing after finishing my sample.

The first few uses I felt as though this didn't do anything for my skin, the colour match seemed almost perfect and coverage was minimal. It looked like I had nothing on at all. I think this product might have started oxidizing in the tube though as now when I use it it is slightly too dark and pink for me. This might not be an issue in the full size pump version but with my small sephora tube it is definitely a problem.

This product seems to sit nicely on my skin, though does not offer great coverage and the shade is too pink for me. It does however seem to dry my blemish out when I wear it and cause them heal a bit faster, but I think this may be a side effect of my entire face drying out. Definitely needs to be buffed out with a sponge or beauty blender for me, on days I applied with my fingers it seemed to cake up and didn't spread as nicely.

Will leave my flaky after a few hours (though for reference I am currently on prescription tretinoin).

Love the sunscreen, I'm okay with the coverage for everyday (enough to hide a bit of acne redness) but unfortunately the pink-ness of the colour just doesn't work on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I gave up on BB creams after trying one after another after another and never being satisfied by the coverage or longevity. But Dr Jart Black Label has changed my mind, I am now on my 3rd bottle!

Shade/Coverage: Finally a bb cream for my pale skin!! The shade is pretty much perfect for my skin tone. Definitely not for medium or deeper skin tones at all. The coverage is medium and buildable, very impressive for a bb cream.

How I Apply: I apply with a wet beauty blender sponge. It works awesome with this bb cream because it's a thicker consistency.

Price: It is slightly below $40, which is a little pricey in my opinion, but i actually use it, so it's worth it...unlike the many unused bottles of expensive foundations laying in my makeup graveyard!

Bottle/Packaging: This is the only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars. I feel like the packaging could really use a makeover. I feel like a lot of product is still in the bottle even when it stops pumping and comes up dry. I try to get as much out by taking a long q-tip in to the container, but i shouldn't have to go to that much work to get the product out!

Overall: I love this BB cream and will continue to purchase. I wear it almost every day. It lasts throughout my 8-12 hour work days, and works well with my other makeup. I dont have blotchy or dry patches at the end of the day, which tends to happen with my dry irritated skin. During my dermatitis flareups and rosacea, it never irritates, and in fact, covers the redness quite well. Just really hoping he changes the packaging soon.

I love this stuff and alternate mostly bt this one and their gold label, which has a shinier finish. Looks like skin, glowy but not shiny. This is as matte as I go, since I only like glowy, dewy or super dewy skin. I like the finish of the gold one more, but that one has parabens, so this one is still amazing, and I can add shine enhancers to it without feeling like I'm putting bad stuff on my skin. Or leave as is for more camera friendly finish. Anywho dr jart has been my favorite bb cream out of etude, laneige, skin 79, and maybelline so far. So far no one has impressed me more...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the few BB creams I would repurchase. I still don't prefer it over my favorite, It Cosmetics BB, but it's still great. It is non-irritating, blends effortlessly, looks flawless, and looks like skin.

I love this doesn't have a weird scent nor does it pretend to be a foundation. It moisturizes well and covers redness. It doesn't conceal all your blemishes nor will it do anything heavy duty. It gives a nice slightly dewy finish that isn't wet looking or oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail, I'm currently on my second bottle (tube? container?) so I feel obligated to write a review. Despite the fact it's too dark for my obnoxiously pale skin, I am willing to blend it down the neck because it just feels so nice on my skin. It's light, hydrating, and looks very natural. It has buildable coverage and wears amazingly on my oily skin. It's never caused an acne flair up and is a beautiful primer for foundation that is slightly drying. I like that it feels like a light lotion on the skin and covers dry patches like a dream. Being that it is December it's gotten to below -30 Celsius this winter and it still looked perfect. Usually I find the cold makes foundation look very dry and powdery, or patchy but not this! I wear this to school and it covers my redness, acne scarring, and general unevenness.

I generally cover this with a baked mineral powder (either Mac's mineralize skin finish, or Sephora's microsmooth powder), and it lasts through a ten hour school day with minimal oxidation. I wear it as a primer under Sephora's 10H wear foundation as well and get a multitude of compliments with that as well. I will keep purchasing and have zero interest in trying anything new.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the ladies at Sephora recommended this to me when I was looking for a foundation that would work with my combination skin and cover my redness and acne scars without looking too chalky. It's not a good color for me (too light and too gray) and it didn't seem to last very long on my skin so I mix it with another foundation (Maybelline Super Stay), using equal amounts of both, and apply with a Beauty Blender. The combination of the two gives beautiful, long-lasting full coverage.

On its own, the Maybelline foundation oxidizes and makes me look orange. But that doesn't happen when I mix it with this. It seems silly to pay this much for a BB cream (and it is expensive) and then mix it with a drugstore foundation but it works for me. The finish is much more like a high-end foundation. I'm sure it would look even better if mixed with a better product.

Another reason I love it, besides the finish, is that it does make my skin look better. It's subtle but I noticed it seemed a little smoother and brighter after I started using this. I still have some breakouts - it's no miracle worker - but I do like the effect. I've repurchased a few times and will probably purchase again unless I find a single foundation that does the job without being ridiculously expensive.

I gave it 4 out of 5 lippies because it's expensive and doesn't work that well on its own. It also comes in a pump which works well but means you can't get every last bit of it when it gets low.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome. I was introduced to this by a sephora SA when Bare Minerals started making my face itch. I never thought I would choose a BB cream over a foundation, but this product has great coverage, evens out my redness, and looks beautiful on my fair skin. I have been matched at MAC as nw15/20. This is just a bit too dark for me but it blends very nicely. It is moisturizing and feels great, but not greasy. I feel like it looks even better throughout the day, even though my skin is somewhat oily. It's beautiful, easy to apply and has definitely cut back on the length of time it takes me to put on my makeup. I don't like a lot of fuss when it comes to makeup, and I just apply this with my fingers. Lovely product. I think my search for a foundation is over, and I will be sticking to this BB. I will be very sad if this product ever gets discontinued.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I figured I should write a review of this since I am on my 3rd bottle. I have not tried any other BB creams since I found this one and I tried quite a few (Smashbox, Clinique, Too Faced, Mischa among others)

My lil sister introduced me to the Dr. Jart brand. They say its a Universal shade, but I disagree. Anyone over NC25 may have some issues with tone, however it works for my NC20 - NC25 coloring. It provides some coverage, yet lets the skin come through. I use moisturizer when needed and sunscreen underneath everyday (I prefer more protection). I can use this year round except in the summer when I prefer to switch to just a powder. The tube is very convenient and when running out, you can pull the plastic pieces apart and get the rest.

An unexpected surprise was it faded some light summer freckles/discoloration when I resumed using it in the fall relatively fast..