November 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Black Label BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the ladies at Sephora recommended this to me when I was looking for a foundation that would work with my combination skin and cover my redness and acne scars without looking too chalky. It's not a good color for me (too light and too gray) and it didn't seem to last very long on my skin so I mix it with another foundation (Maybelline Super Stay), using equal amounts of both, and apply with a Beauty Blender. The combination of the two gives beautiful, long-lasting full coverage.

On its own, the Maybelline foundation oxidizes and makes me look orange. But that doesn't happen when I mix it with this. It seems silly to pay this much for a BB cream (and it is expensive) and then mix it with a drugstore foundation but it works for me. The finish is much more like a high-end foundation. I'm sure it would look even better if mixed with a better product.

Another reason I love it, besides the finish, is that it does make my skin look better. It's subtle but I noticed it seemed a little smoother and brighter after I started using this. I still have some breakouts - it's no miracle worker - but I do like the effect. I've repurchased a few times and will probably purchase again unless I find a single foundation that does the job without being ridiculously expensive.

I gave it 4 out of 5 lippies because it's expensive and doesn't work that well on its own. It also comes in a pump which works well but means you can't get every last bit of it when it gets low.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mandaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. I was introduced to this by a sephora SA when Bare Minerals started making my face itch. I never thought I would choose a BB cream over a foundation, but this product has great coverage, evens out my redness, and looks beautiful on my fair skin. I have been matched at MAC as nw15/20. This is just a bit too dark for me but it blends very nicely. It is moisturizing and feels great, but not greasy. I feel like it looks even better throughout the day, even though my skin is somewhat oily. It's beautiful, easy to apply and has definitely cut back on the length of time it takes me to put on my makeup. I don't like a lot of fuss when it comes to makeup, and I just apply this with my fingers. Lovely product. I think my search for a foundation is over, and I will be sticking to this BB. I will be very sad if this product ever gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I figured I should write a review of this since I am on my 3rd bottle. I have not tried any other BB creams since I found this one and I tried quite a few (Smashbox, Clinique, Too Faced, Mischa among others)

My lil sister introduced me to the Dr. Jart brand. They say its a Universal shade, but I disagree. Anyone over NC25 may have some issues with tone, however it works for my NC20 - NC25 coloring. It provides some coverage, yet lets the skin come through. I use moisturizer when needed and sunscreen underneath everyday (I prefer more protection). I can use this year round except in the summer when I prefer to switch to just a powder. The tube is very convenient and when running out, you can pull the plastic pieces apart and get the rest.

An unexpected surprise was it faded some light summer freckles/discoloration when I resumed using it in the fall relatively fast..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim at Sephora and wish I had saved my money. It settles into my fine lines around my lips and chin and just makes me look old. The color is good, but the formulation is wrong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample and loved it. The color is a perfect match for me and the finish, thou at first sticky, dries to a satin finish. I wear this with a touch if concealer and setting powder where needed and it just evens out my skin tone. If you like full coverage or have a darker skin tone this will not work for you. However if you have fair/light to medium skin tone with pink undertones this will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

My review is for the Dr.Jart Black Label Detox BB.

UPDATE: It's now December and I'm liking this and using it a lot more - mainly because my skin is lighter now (about NC20). It still has a more matte, dull finish but I either apply a heavier moisturiser beneath, or mix this with Etude House Volumer (amazing by the way!) or just forego any setting powder and apply only BB cream over my skincare. I do need blush or highlighter otherwise it looks flat. I don't love it as much as my HG Missha Super Aqua Snail Cell Renew BB - which makes my skin look glowy, is non-greasy and has a much more natural finish by itself - the Missha is literally perfect to me, and this just isn't at that level. I'll use up the Dr.Jart but wouldn't repurchase.

Original Review:
I bought this late September. Still on the fence about it. The colour made me look washed out, it only comes in one shade that I know of, which is quite pale, and tends to have more pink undertones. I am an NC25-NC30 in MAC terms, and I felt like it was just too light even as the day went on, the colour stayed the same. That is my main dislike, as well as the slightly chalky, ashy-looking drying finish on my skin. I felt I looked more sick than healthy.

Pros:
- nice packaging, pump/tube = hygienic and keeps ingredients stable
- coverage is light to medium
- mineral spf (Titanium Dioxide 9.533%, Zinc Oxide 3.840%)
- fragrance free
- matte finish (not ultra matte, more natural matte, definitely not glow-y)
- contains arbutin which is helpful for lightening blemishes, discolourations
- good lasting power, on me about 7-10 hours (though I need to blot or powder once midday)

Cons:
- only one shade (will most likely work for most fair to light skintones)
- likely will not work for dry skin, mine is combo and when I use this my skin becomes even drier as day goes on
- beneficial ingredients are pretty low on the list (but I'm not relying on this for skincare so it's not a big concern)

I would recommend this for fair to light skintones, with oilier skin. It's not a bad product at all - it just didn't work for my skin but I can see this working for other people. I'm not planning on returning and will try using it again in the winter, maybe it will match better as my skin gets a bit lighter, not sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Brieyourself

Awesome!!! This BB cream is great. It puts a dewy glow on your skin and evens everything out. Its only been 2 weeks since I started using it but I notice clarity in my overall skintone without makeup. It is lighter so not perfect for coverage but if you want a natural, glowing face this product is amazing. You seriously need only a little bit as it goes a long way. The price is about 50$ a tube but I think its worth it. It also contains 45 spf and has multi benefits to help keep your skin healthy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by esxli

i have always used the asian version of this bb cream for the last 5 years and it has been my HG for a while. i recently decided to splurge on the sephora version and i love it! The formula is definitely different from the korean version. The sephora version is lighter and the coverage is not as high..however it settles in very well and matches my skin tone way better than the korean version. The korean version has a chalkier and gray shade when applied. will def repurchase!! tried it for 2 weeks. no clogged pores. blends well. the only con is the price. ($49.99 Cad at Sephora) however, i only recommend this for ladies with fair, fair-medium or olive skin.. Otherwise it will look really unnatural as it only comes in one shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JGiacchetta

I was a Make Up Forever Face/Body fan but decided I'd like something with a little more than it's very sheer coverage. Tried the HD and it broke me out - horribly! I went back to Sephora two days after to return it. I had no makeup on and was upset with my skin and asked for advice on what would work for my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I had no idea what a BB cream was, to be honest. The girl did my whole face up with this and it was just wonderful. Not to heavy, not too sheer. Normally I do a ton of research before I buy anything but I bought this stuff on the spot.

I have been using it for almost two weeks and I still love it. Ladies, I wore this when I was outside all day in Boston with temps in the 90s and *humid* and it stayed put. I had a show I was going to in the evening and brought the tube with me thinking I'd have to reapply but all I had to do was blot and powder. I have had not one single pimple from this. It's wonderfully fragrance free, which I still don't understand why they all aren't but that's another convo.

I was taught by the sales girl that the proper way to apply it is to warm it by rubbing it between your fingers, rubbing it on your face, and then, using a rolling motion with your fingers, sort of press it into the skin. When it is first applied it can look chalky or pale but try the rolling/pressing trick and there is a big difference.

Barring any stalled freak reactions from my skin, this will be my go-to.

UPDATE: (One year later) I use this every day and just bought my second tube, so this stuff lasts a while! This is my HG of foundation by far. It's never caused a breakout or adverse reaction and my skin is super sensitive. It doesn't make me look like I have makeup on, keeping in mind that I have fair skin. I can't say it's "improved" my skin but I consider the fact that it doesn't cause breakouts quite a nice improvement. I love love love this foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only BB cream I use. I just bought my second tube! It feels great on my skin, is not too greasy and I don't get weird shines. I have larger pores on my nose and cheeks and this covers it really good (main reason I use BB creams). Couple weeks ago I had a bit of redness on my nose and it did covered it pretty good too. It doesn't work well on pimples tho, this BB kind of highlights them, so if you do have a few, I'll recommend staying away from it. I blend this BB with my fingers, if not, I keep getting ugly brush/sponge strokes for some reason. Before I apply it, I use sunscreen (shiseido-not tinted). I feel like the 23SPF that this cream has is not enough for the face. When I don't wear any make-up, I just use a 40spf sunscreen any time of the year (crazy much?). I did not get any wrinkles highlighted or under eye cakiness as other reviews say. The only cons are highlighted pimples and the price ($44CAD at sephora, ouch!). This BB comes in a pump bottle, which I think is great and very hygienic.