November 26, 2014 | 1597 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Ultimate Tan Rapide Face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Ahhh. Self tanners. This one is actually nice - very nice color, no streaking.. it's almost like a gel formula. I have this in dark intense. The one major gripe i have with this product is that for a tanner labeled dark intense, I wish it gave more of a tan. But, since it doesn't, I work with it and apply two layers instead of one to get the color I want. Its lack of color intensity MAY be less because it is made specifically for the face. Nonetheless, it's very buildable. Sometimes i'll put this on at night and the morning, or two layers in the morning... but I am someone who likes to be super tan all the time. It comes in a little pump with only 1.7 fl oz.. also wish it was bigger, but I do think this is a quality product. As far as moisturizing properties, I am someone who needs cream on my face right out of the shower. Always! This does a decent job of moisturizing on its own, I was actually surprised.

I had been using the dark xen tan lotion on my face for a while and I believe it caused breakouts, which is why i switched over to one made specifically for the face (the st. tropez)... now, I found out that xen tan also makes one for the face (and i LOVE xen tan/the color it imparts).. so I will try both and compare. I hear they are very similar:)

the st. tropez mousse gets excellent reviews as well... that will also be a coming experiment!)

All in all, a quality product, worth a try IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like this product. the tan it gives off is way too light.
It doesn't go on evenly, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by llyangel

St Tropez whipped bronze is my self tan of choice, I absolutely love it, it works amazing on my body and quite well on my face but I suspect it may have caused some breakouts and it also sank into pores leaving me with the dreaded blackhead look, so in a bid to look for something specifically designed for the face I tried this product.

I bought the dark intense and i am naturally very fair - MAC NC15 usually for reference.

It comes in a flexible tube with a pump at the end and a little product goes a long way, I can do my whole face on two pumps so although its only 50mls it does last a long time even with regular use.
The self tanner itself is dark brown in colour,I apply with a cosmetic sponge or my fingers and it leaves a sheer colour guide which I like.
This is incredibly moisturing (so much so I can skip moisturiser if I am in a hurry) and the colour develops after a couple of hours a deep but natural colour for my skintone matching my body perfectly. I sometimes build the colour by applying at night and in the morning too depending on how tan I want to look. As I am very fair this works perfectly for me but I would imagine it would take a few applications to build up the colour on someone whos skintone was darker than mine.

I feel much more confident when I have applied this and as a result can use a lot less make up. It really gives a flawless finish to the face, it doesn't sink in and highlight pores and it wears beautifully - no patches in sight. I have been using this for a while now and It has not caused any breakouts on my acne prone skin. I honestly cannot imagine never using this again and I am not interested in trying any other self tanners as this is just absolutely perfect for my needs - I love it.

I now have the perfect combination of self tan products, this for my face and the whipped bronze for my body.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No