July 22, 2014 | 2079 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Aqualumiere Gloss in Tangerine Dream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

True Confessions time: I am a Chanel addict, especially when it comes to Chanel lipsticks, glosses, and nail polish. Tangerine Dream is no exception. While most of the other reviews here mention how lovely this gloss is on redheads, I would also add that it looks fantastic on those with very dark hair and medium/tan, olive skin. Tangerine Dream appears to be a dark, almost rusty orange in the tube with the same gorgeous gold micro shimmer that Chanel does like no one else. When applied, it becomes a warm, incredibly flattering medium coral shade. Like the rest of the Aqualumiere shades, Tangerine Dream does not have the staying power of a Glossimer; however, the silky feel of the Aqualumiere formula makes up for that issue. Orange and coral glosses are among my favorites and I can't say that I have ever seen a shade quite like this one...and to think that my general dislike of lip gloss brush applicators almost made me pass the Aqualumieres by (the brush on this product is fantastic, by the way).
My only complaints about Tangerine Dream are as follows:
1) It is discontinued. This drives me insane.
2) The Aqualumiere tubes, while aesthetically pleasing, are not at all sturdy. I have heard horror stories about Aqualumiere glosses breaking inside women's handbags but didn't expect to have any problems myself. Well, today I dropped my precious tube of Tangerine Dream on the bathroom tiles. The top cracked right off, and made a considerable mess. For $27, I expect something a bit sturdier.

That said, I am already on the hunt for my next tube of Tangerine Dream. This time I'm getting a back-up, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very nice dark coral that can be worn alone or over lighter lipsticks. It looks really nice with warm eye and cheek colors and is a perfect quick fix for summer. The packaging is very pretty and the brush is nice, but this lipgloss is definitely over priced. I'm not entirely convinced that its worth $27 especially since it doesn't last as long as some other cheaper glosses. I personally prefer the the aqualumiere glosses to the glossimers in terms of finish (less sparkly) but not in terms of lasting power. For reference I'm NW20 (but very neutral) and have dark brown hair. If you have the money to pick this up, I'd recommend it but if you're short on cash I think its easy to pass up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lbh82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a perfect darker coral, almost orange with shimmer. The texture is not too sticky. Like the previous reviewer wrote it really suits red hair (I have red blonde hair).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cholmondeley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a self confessed Chanel addict and the lip glosses are the best. This colour is perfect for someone with my colouring - red hair with blonde highlights; Chanel 1.0 - 1.5 foundation. I wear it over a nude lipliner and staying power is good for a gloss.

cheers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

This goes on more coral than deep bright orange and it is sheer and is not as dark as it looks in the tube. Very moisturizing but It has the tendency to travel on your mouth unless you use a lip liner. Staying power is average for a gloss and not as well as Glossimers. Candy Glow is a lot more pink than this shade. Great summer color and goes well with the polish Orange Fizz in the summer 09 collection. The brush applicator is nice and it does not splay like other brands. I wish these were not so pricey ($27.00 USD) and they stayed on better.