Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Como/Portofino (The Portofino Collection)

4.1

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/ Adipate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this product, it was my first Laura Geller product and the whole reason I fell in love. The blush part is a very natural just flushed shade blush that I adore. The color is hard to describe but salmon pinky peach sort of works. I am fair skinned and it is hard to find decent blush that looks natural. The highlighter part is great and I use it on my browbone as well as to contour occasionally. Great products that are a creamy powder, and they last forever. I love products that multi task and do more than one thing!

on 7/1/2012 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I guess this is a decent blush/highlight combo. I think I like the highlight portion more than the actual blush portion. The blush is subtle but buildable and the highlight is so illuminating!
------------------
I really don't like the way they packaged this. The actual compact it comes with is great - but the way that the blush and highlight are positioned next to eachother without a barrier.. Makes for an awkward sort of... way of getting the blush onto the blush brush. I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it's annoying.

on 3/3/2012 8:37:00 PM

I love this has to be my favourite laura geller after balance and brighten, I have been using this product for five years now and always finish my make up with it, a dab on my nose lifts my complexion and use it all over. Can be used as a gentle eyeshadow and brushed over the lips adds just a hint of highlight to suggest a more plump ageing lip line.
I guess the shine which is not glittery but I believe when getting older you tend to lose your glow this adds it back in.

on 1/13/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I only started using blush last year as I have an olive complexion and find blush to be a little tricky to like, personally. But I have been enjoying some blush in my routine and recently decided to play around with this one.
I have to say, the pink in this is very subtle and the shimmer although very well-done, and not too over the top can be a bit much for an all over look.
Therefore, I tend to use this as a highlight over my cheeks. I lightly swirl my blush/highlight brush through the entire compact (not just the highlight) part and lightly dust it over the top of my cheeks. I think the combo of the highlight, and the soft pink makes the highlight soft and subtle and really quite romantic!
I think this could work great for lighter and darker skin tones as well. You probably don't want to use this as your blush (unless you have a very light complexion, maybe) solely since it is quite shimmery.

on 8/9/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my first product with Laura Geller and this could work depending on what you are going for. This is design to add a glow by using multi-colored pigments in marbleized form.

If your going for a natural look skip this. The affect is pronounce and shimmery. This isn't a soft, subtle, sheen we're talking about, this is an overtly shimmery product. This has enough shimmer and sheen to add a lot of glow to the skin or make you look greasy depending on your mindset.

The product really does have a great texture to it. It blends well and I don't think the glitter is too chunky. It also had good staying power I believe.

the packaging itself is very sturdy and when you lock it in place it snaps shut. I don't know why but the packaging reminded me of 1950's cosmetic which I though was cute.

This would be excellent for a summer look depending on how you use it.

As for my skin tone (NW45): The golden part I've used as a nose highlight, highlighter, and cheeks (not all at the same time however). I don't mind that it doesn't show up on my skin, I just use it as a glittery overlay.

As for the blush it doesn't have to much color payoff. So if you're not fond of color or just starting off this would be nice. But I personally don't mind that it doesn't really show because I think the color is awkward looking on me.

on 7/30/2011 12:38:00 PM

I'm on my 3rd compact of this blusher. LUV it. My skin is fair & smooth. At my age I moisturize, primer, liquid foundation. LG Bronze n Brighten (applied with a quality brush). Then B n B Como. Then finish with Balance n Brighten, fair with a separate brush that is never used with color. I think the baked cheek products are very forgiving & always looks flawless if you end with Balance n Brighten.
The product is great. The plastic hinges on the compacts don't last as long as the product. Annoying.

on 2/28/2010 12:23:00 AM

Again, just another mediocre LG product. This really should be called PINK n SHINY not bright. The pink is a dull pink. I prefer more color.

on 12/6/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love most of LG's baked products, but this blush is too shiny for me.
Shine is not a good look on my oily skin, and while I love the soft peach shade, the shine makes me look greasy before I even start the day.

on 11/26/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm a middle aged woman with fair skin. I've tried so many blush products looking for the perfect one, the holy grail. I've found a few I've really liked and was more than willing to make a commitment to: NARS Orgasm, Deep Throat, & Luster. MAC Springsheen. But none of those quite gave the 'look' I was after. I wanted something soft & dewey. Fresh looking with some natural color but not obvious. I finally found it. Perfection at last! LG Como is The One. Who knew? I have several of the LG baked products and really like them. Balance & Brighten in Fair, Bronze & Brighten in Fair, are LG Products that I use daily.

I never purchased her BnB blush because several reviews claimed they were too sparkly. At my age, sparkly is NOT a good thing. I saw a demo on QVC for Como and decided to take chance. I'm so glad I did. This blush is not sparkly on my skin at all. It looks like a soft glow & dewey. The color is a very soft - an almost salmon colored peach.

The product also includes a baked highlighter called portofino. IMO, this product does have a sparkle in it. I can definitely use the highlighter for an evening look but not daytime.

on 10/29/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Como is swirls of light tan, berry, and light baby pink. It does have some shimmer to it. Not as pigmented as some of her other blushes so I could layer this. Portofino is the highlighter and is a peachy gold shimmer, lots of shimmer. For some reason Como shows up a little too peachy on me which is wierd because there isnt peach in the blush part and it didnt pick up any highlighter on my brush. Portofino is a beautiful highlighter for the eyes or shoulders etc... .32/9g

Popular Blush Products