July 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Blush - Laura Geller - Blush-n-Brighten in Como/Portofino (The Portofino Collection)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product, it was my first Laura Geller product and the whole reason I fell in love. The blush part is a very natural just flushed shade blush that I adore. The color is hard to describe but salmon pinky peach sort of works. I am fair skinned and it is hard to find decent blush that looks natural. The highlighter part is great and I use it on my browbone as well as to contour occasionally. Great products that are a creamy powder, and they last forever. I love products that multi task and do more than one thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess this is a decent blush/highlight combo. I think I like the highlight portion more than the actual blush portion. The blush is subtle but buildable and the highlight is so illuminating!
------------------
I really don't like the way they packaged this. The actual compact it comes with is great - but the way that the blush and highlight are positioned next to eachother without a barrier.. Makes for an awkward sort of... way of getting the blush onto the blush brush. I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it's annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by rainbowj63

I love this has to be my favourite laura geller after balance and brighten, I have been using this product for five years now and always finish my make up with it, a dab on my nose lifts my complexion and use it all over. Can be used as a gentle eyeshadow and brushed over the lips adds just a hint of highlight to suggest a more plump ageing lip line.
I guess the shine which is not glittery but I believe when getting older you tend to lose your glow this adds it back in.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only started using blush last year as I have an olive complexion and find blush to be a little tricky to like, personally. But I have been enjoying some blush in my routine and recently decided to play around with this one.
I have to say, the pink in this is very subtle and the shimmer although very well-done, and not too over the top can be a bit much for an all over look.
Therefore, I tend to use this as a highlight over my cheeks. I lightly swirl my blush/highlight brush through the entire compact (not just the highlight) part and lightly dust it over the top of my cheeks. I think the combo of the highlight, and the soft pink makes the highlight soft and subtle and really quite romantic!
I think this could work great for lighter and darker skin tones as well. You probably don't want to use this as your blush (unless you have a very light complexion, maybe) solely since it is quite shimmery.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first product with Laura Geller and this could work depending on what you are going for. This is design to add a glow by using multi-colored pigments in marbleized form.

If your going for a natural look skip this. The affect is pronounce and shimmery. This isn't a soft, subtle, sheen we're talking about, this is an overtly shimmery product. This has enough shimmer and sheen to add a lot of glow to the skin or make you look greasy depending on your mindset.

The product really does have a great texture to it. It blends well and I don't think the glitter is too chunky. It also had good staying power I believe.

the packaging itself is very sturdy and when you lock it in place it snaps shut. I don't know why but the packaging reminded me of 1950's cosmetic which I though was cute.

This would be excellent for a summer look depending on how you use it.

As for my skin tone (NW45): The golden part I've used as a nose highlight, highlighter, and cheeks (not all at the same time however). I don't mind that it doesn't show up on my skin, I just use it as a glittery overlay.

As for the blush it doesn't have to much color payoff. So if you're not fond of color or just starting off this would be nice. But I personally don't mind that it doesn't really show because I think the color is awkward looking on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jw41

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd compact of this blusher. LUV it. My skin is fair & smooth. At my age I moisturize, primer, liquid foundation. LG Bronze n Brighten (applied with a quality brush). Then B n B Como. Then finish with Balance n Brighten, fair with a separate brush that is never used with color. I think the baked cheek products are very forgiving & always looks flawless if you end with Balance n Brighten.
The product is great. The plastic hinges on the compacts don't last as long as the product. Annoying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Again, just another mediocre LG product. This really should be called PINK n SHINY not bright. The pink is a dull pink. I prefer more color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love most of LG's baked products, but this blush is too shiny for me.
Shine is not a good look on my oily skin, and while I love the soft peach shade, the shine makes me look greasy before I even start the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by earlyprim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a middle aged woman with fair skin. I've tried so many blush products looking for the perfect one, the holy grail. I've found a few I've really liked and was more than willing to make a commitment to: NARS Orgasm, Deep Throat, & Luster. MAC Springsheen. But none of those quite gave the 'look' I was after. I wanted something soft & dewey. Fresh looking with some natural color but not obvious. I finally found it. Perfection at last! LG Como is The One. Who knew? I have several of the LG baked products and really like them. Balance & Brighten in Fair, Bronze & Brighten in Fair, are LG Products that I use daily.

I never purchased her BnB blush because several reviews claimed they were too sparkly. At my age, sparkly is NOT a good thing. I saw a demo on QVC for Como and decided to take chance. I'm so glad I did. This blush is not sparkly on my skin at all. It looks like a soft glow & dewey. The color is a very soft - an almost salmon colored peach.

The product also includes a baked highlighter called portofino. IMO, this product does have a sparkle in it. I can definitely use the highlighter for an evening look but not daytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Como is swirls of light tan, berry, and light baby pink. It does have some shimmer to it. Not as pigmented as some of her other blushes so I could layer this. Portofino is the highlighter and is a peachy gold shimmer, lots of shimmer. For some reason Como shows up a little too peachy on me which is wierd because there isnt peach in the blush part and it didnt pick up any highlighter on my brush. Portofino is a beautiful highlighter for the eyes or shoulders etc... .32/9g