October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Replenishing Rich Moisturiser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KayleeC

I recently purchased this moisturizer along with the Simple Moisturizing Face Cleanser. I actually wanted the Simple gel moisturizer, but where I was shopping they only had those two Simple products. I was worried about trying this moisturizer at all because my face is generally pretty oily to begin with and I wasn't sure how my skin would react with something that is supposed to be super moisturizing. I bought the product anyway, just because I had already researched the Simple products and read reviews about them. I'm one of those people who reads the reviews of just about every skincare/makeup product I'm interested before I buy it, and I wasn't about to stand around in the skincare isle checking reviews on my phone. So, to my actual review of this product - I found it to be a pretty good moisturizer and it actually isn't anything like I thought it would be. It is moisturizing, but not nearly as moisturizing as I thought it would be based on product description. That being said, it does last all day for me, but maybe that's just because my skin isn't that dry to begin with. It has a watery consistency and a little bit goes a long way, which I appreciate because it will last me that much longer. I know some people have complained about this product stinging their skin and having a weird smell, but I didn't experience either of those issues. My big complaint with this product is that since I have started using it I have seen an incredible increase of blackheads all over my face. I generally always have a few on my nose, but I am now noticing blackheads on my chin and even my cheecks which I have never seen before. Although I do love the fact that this product is moisturizing without over moisturizing and sinks right into my skin upon applying, I am starting to wonder if I need to switch up my products. Blackheads aren't really something I'm willing to deal with no matter how much I like a product. For now I will continue to use this moisturizer until I descover something better, but I don't forsee myself buying this particular Simple product again.

So I wanted to come back and update this, since I suspected it was giving me blackheads and I wanted to switch to something new. I switched to an olay complete moisturizer, a couple of week ago, and I am back to my normal amount of small blackheads on my nose, and the larger blackheads on my cheeks are gone, and the number of blackheads on my chin, and nose, have decreased. With this I would conclude that this moisturizer did in fact cause the extra blackheads. I had honestly wished it was something aside from this moisturizer, because like I stated before I did really like the way this product made my skin feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by erobert714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know there a lot of bad reviews for this but for anything, it really depends how your skin likes something. I have quite sensitive skin and it is extremely difficult for me to find products that work at a decent price. I've tried many drugstore moisturizers, not really any high end besides ones from Clinique. I've tried the other ones from Simple and this is the only one I like and my skin likes.

It doesn't break me out in cystic acne, huge pimples or anything. I will say this kind of makes me a little more oily in the hotter months, which can cause me to get small whiteheads but they are manageable and not noticeable. This only has two comedogenic ingredients according to a site I use called 'acnemantra.' The ingredients are stearic acid, which is comedogenic to them and stearyl alcohol which is mildly comedogenic to them as well. Honestly, I was thinking about switching from this moisturizer and I did.. to Clinique's dramatically different gel and my skin broke out like crazy.

This has really healed my skin back up. I don't know why I stopped using it. I've actually been through maybe 10+ bottles of this. It makes my skin feel soft, nourished, plump and soothes any redness. Like I said, the only downside is that it can be a little too much for my oily skin right now during the hot months. But it's worth it because I haven't found anything better that is fragrance free, moisturizes all parts of my face, including dry patches and doesn't break me out horribly.

I really do recommend trying this.. I put some other moisturizers into acnemantra which will check ingredients to see what is comedogenic and this had the lowest amount of all the ones at the drugstore I wanted to try. You can usually find a printable $2 coupon for their moisturizers as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at the negative reviews. Maybe the formulation we have here in Southern Africa is different from that which is found elsewhere. I have very dry skin. My favourite facial healers are Nivea Creme and EA's 8 hour cream(the unscented version). I have been having difficulty with my skin as of late, especially in regards to my cleanser as my favourite is gone and at the moment nowhere to be found. I have tried 2 other cleansing lotions for dry, sensitive skin only to be left with even drier skin. I got this on special along with the cleanser , and I am impressed. I use a prescription retinol, so I don't need anything claiming ant-aging properties. This was gentle, hydrating and left me with soft skin. A great buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by evidentlystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this stuff because I've come across a lot of good reviews, but it just did not work out for me.
The lotion itself has a smell to it - one review said that it smelled like glue, and I would say that's a pretty accurate description. When I apply to my face it does feel light, but I think it feels too light because my problem areas (nose, chin, and cheeks) still feel dry after application. It also breaks me out into cystic acne within a few days of using only once at night after washing my face before bed. The lotion does not seem to soak into my skin very well and will leave a tacky feeling on my face. The bottle claims "12 Hour Moisture" but I would be very supprised if this were actually the case.
In order to not waste money I've been using this stuff on my hands, which I feel works a bit better for me than use as a face moisturizer because for some reason I don't get the tacky feeling there, they just feel smooth and soft. However, I don't enjoy the funky glue smell on my hands that lingers for about an hour. I still have a little over half a 4.2oz bottle left, so I'll make due until it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by curlmeup97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love love love this stuff ! I'm on my second bottle after almost a year of use from the previous one . It is on the more watery side , but it's still absolutely fantastic . I originally needed it to moisturize my earlobe after a stretch gone wrong & when it cleared that up ( like nothing else could ) I started using it on my face & it took my face's oily-ness down quite a bit ! It was perfect under makeup ! & it visibly improved not only the texture but the tone of my skin , too ! When I ran out ( on my last stretch to 2g ) I was sooooooo sad ! I put of buying my new holy grail & then my face turned combination due to winter then spring & not dreadful summer conditions ! I ran to the store to pick this beauty up & poof , perfect skin once again ! I truly can't live without this stuff ! Simple , you really scored with this one ! I am one highly satisfied customer !

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Alli98

I just recently purchased this product because i was in need of a new moisturizer and wanted to try something different. However, this is the worst moisturizer I have ever bought. When I put it on my face, it stung a lot. And my face was not moisturized at all. I would not recommend buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this product because there was no perfume in it,which suited me perfectly because my skin is quite sensitive.The only thing I didn't like about it was that it didn't keep my skin moisturised for that long and I found I still had dry,flaky patches on some areas of my skin.
Overall the moisturizer was quite well suited for my skin and it was a good price :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by NeutralMortal18

Sits on skin ... Doesn't moisturize. Save your self the time and money. It's simply the worst moisturizer I have used .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great face moisturizer for someone who hates moisturizing their face. It's not greasy at all, like others have said it's more like a serum. It absorbs well. It has no smell and doesn't irritate my skin at all, it's gentle enough that I can put it around my eyes. I like the rich concentration because it's powerful enough that I can use it once a day and feel like it's doing it's job, I put it on before I got to bed. It's not expensive either! Couldn't ask for more :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got the mini size of this in a little kit for only five dollars at Ulta when I ran out of my regular moisturizer and wanted to try something less expensive. I tried it for almost 2 weeks.The consistency was very runny/watery which I do not like, it stung my skin which no other moisturizer has done before, and it took a long time to be absorbed. I just don't really like it and have moved on.