April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by malibu64

My new favorite foundation! You don't need a primer with this one, which is a huge plus. Coverage is great (starts out medium I'd say), and layers very nicely. Lasts quite a while, longer when set with powder. The finish on this one is lovely - not too dewy or dry. No funny scent. Does not irritate my sensitive combination skin. One thing I really love about this one is that 24 Linen (my match) for VF-N is a true neutral - absolutely no pink or yellow undertone, so I get a really perfect match. At $27 this is a great value. The only downside to this one is the packaging - pumps are always preferable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great medium-coverage foundation that does not break out my sensitive combination skin. The initial finish is quite unnaturally dewy but once I set it with powder, it leaves a beautiful natural finish. Coverage is buildable and lasts well throughout the day as long as you set with powder. Finding a good shade to match your skin tone may be challenge, especially if you're pale and/or yellow-toned. You definitely want to test the shades in-store to find a good match. I'm pale and neutral-to-yellow toned and I use the shade Linen, which is actually the lightest shade despite the fact that its not number "01". As long as you can find a good shade match, this is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

I am using this in Fresh Beige (asian shade) and I cannot really find any complaints with this foundation. This is one of the most long wearing foundations I have and it does not become patchy at all (despite my oily tzone). Whenever I need a durable foundation for that day I always use this one. It also gives a second skin look especially in pictures. It has a finish that is in between glowy and matte and I think it is just perfect. If you want a very natural makeup look that will last for the day then this is your best bet.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Shanna2104

I'm giving this foundation 3 lippies because I do not know if the formula has changed or if I just got an old/bad bottle. This has been my winter foundation for about 3 years. I have oily/combo skin, so I don't use it during the warmer months. I am in the shade Ivory. My experience with my past bottles was excellent. I love the coverage (which is light to medium), I love the way it looked after applied and how my face looked at the end of the day. It is not a foundation that is going to last all day, but the way it wore off on me was strangely "nice". The best part was the changes I seen in my skin tone. Brighter, healthier looking skin. I was hooked. I ran out of my last bottle at the end of Jan. and purchased another bottle at my local counter around Feb 5th. I do not know what has gone wrong. This oxidizes like crazy on me. I mean my face is orange within an hour. The finish is not the same, and I am not seeing the usual skin-brightening benefits. Keep in mind I just used the last of another bottle a week before this purchase. I called Clinique and they said they had not changed the formula and that it wasn't likely I had received an old bottle, as this is "one of our best selling foundations....the bottles don't sit on the shelf long..." Her only explanation was I was given the wrong color. It's a perfect match until it turns orange. I don't know what's going on, all I know is this bottle isn't the same as the bottle I finished in Jan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I'm really liking this foundation at the moment. The texture is fairly runny (but not so much so that it runs off the back of my hand) and blends easily. I find that it can look a little chalky upon first application (I use a flat top stippling brush) but after 30 minutes or so, it sinks right in and the colour looks right. I would say that the coverage is light-medium and natural. I find that it doesn't highlight any dry spots or large pores and I have had no negative reactions to the formula.

In terms of longevity, I have used this both in very cold weather (-20 degrees Celsius) and hot weather (35 degrees) and it lasts well in both without any primers underneath. It doesn't transfer onto clothes but comes off easily with some bioderma at the end of the day.

The colour match for this foundation is also fairly good and expansive. The SA at Sephora had a few issues matching my skin colour but we eventually found a match in "Buff" which is a light yellow shade.

I also like the packaging which is sleek, simple and hygienic as you just squeeze it out of the tapered tip (yay for no glass bottles!).

All in all, it's a solid foundation that I can depend on everyday and I will repurchase as long as nothing changes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I have almost an identical experience to the reviewer before me with this foundation. I have the Ivory shade and am around NC20 skintone and I also have combo-oily skintype. When I first applied the foundation, it looked pretty good in the mirror, good coverage and even coverage. I used it over primer and also set it with powder. I like the plastic squeeze bottle type packaging of this foundation and I also like the texture of the product (creamy, easy to spread, not too slippy but not too dry either). But that's where my likes for this foundation end. I noticed my skin got much oilier much faster when using this foundation -- I looked in the mirror after about 2 hours into the day and was horrified at how oily and patchy my face was, it was like the foundation just disintegrated and left me with no coverage and just a patchy looking mess. Not a pretty sight. It is very disappointing. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone who leans oily, this stuff will just disappear after a couple hours and make your face grease up like crazy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the Even Better Foundation about a month ago, so I feel I have given it a fair shake. I did go to the counter to get color-matched with this one, and I am wearing the lightest shade - Alabaster. The SA had a difficult time choosing the correct color for me as the rest were all too dark. I am NC20 in MAC and Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown. Anyway, I liked the color match, and how the foundation looked on my skin in the store, but ever since wearing it, there are several things I don't like about it. First, I can't apply it with a brush without it looking too cakey. I apply it with fingers for the most natural look possible, but even then it can look too thick. Second, it does accentuate any dry places on the skin. I am not a dry skin gal, I am an oily skin gal, so it accentuates those lovely dry patches around my nose which is the oiliest area on my face. Third, even though this is stated for oily skin types, I find that it can make my skin oily within less than an hour. So, literally my skin goes from looking like a parched, cakey desert to an oil slick. I am just not happy with this product. I wish I could return it, but it is too late. I gave this two stars because at least I received the correct color match, but that is really all the positives I can state on for this product. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for ages. My skin is combination-dry, which often results in foundation caking on my skin and highlighting my pores. I've been using Clinique's Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer which I absolutely love, except it is just not enough for my red spots around and on my nose.

I got a sample of this EB, and was pleasantly surprised. It seems to blend well, and doesn't highlight my pores the way others do (Smashbox, Benefit, Estee Lauder, Chanel - ick!!). Clearly I've tried a lot. 'Linen' may be a bit too yellow for my skin tone (still on the fence), but here's why I think I'm going to purchase the full size:

My skin is quite fair, and shows marks forever after my pimples go away. I had two on my forehead (one for 2 months, the other for 1 month) when I started using EB. I was shocked when after 1 week of using the sample, I barely noticed the 2 month old scar, and the other had faded significantly as well. I guess the blemish-reduction stuff in here really does work.

The only con - it has trouble covering my red/oily nose sometimes, unless I use clinique's red reducing primer (I typically use Monistat gel - yes - or the green Smashbox, which is dreadful). So I am still on the fence.

But if you're wondering how it blends (surprisingly well) and if it reduces skin marks (it does - I'm shocked too), then I would definitely drop the dough on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was quite disappointed with this one! I really wanted to like it because clinique is honestly my hg high end makeup favorite and it's all ill use on my face when it comes to foundations. I'm not into liquid makeup but sense I do have some dark spots I was looking to even out "even better" seemed like it would be worth a shot. First off, the color I have is way too dark. This foundation needs more colors for people with yellow undertones. Secondly, it made my skin oily and looked too unnatural. I like the natural look, and this so obviously looked.. Well there. Overall I just don't like how it looked. I recently tried the even better creme makeup in the compact and it is my favorite. So if say if you've got oily to combination skin, give the compact of this a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one just wasn't for me. It's like a thick tinted moisturizer, and even when applied with a sponge, I found the texture to be cakey. Dry areas of my combination skin were accentuated, and it also drew attention to my pores. This probably works well on someone who is 24 and has small pores, but I need my foundation to smooth me out and blur imperfections, and this one just doesn't.