October 26, 2014 | 1571 users online

Skincare - Face - Dermalogica - mediBac Clearing Mattifier

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Kaitersalad

I absolutely love this stuff. It's great for bear skin days to give a matte finish while treating for acne. It has that soft silicone feel without the shine, and I love that. It smells very fresh and clean as well. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by MsMaggiePie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Going well so far with the sample after a few days. Smooth going on and does well with my DaVita mineral powder over it, both foundation and blush. Very little scent. I also agree that I will have to be careful not to use too much overnight and this due to it sal acid content. But I produce a ton of oil and I am going to be 60 soon (what is that about...). Little goes a long way too so the expense will not be there. Not sure where someone would get breakouts with this product unless they had stuff to come out of their pores, etc. I would recommend getting the Medibac sample kit and trying each one as well as putting the products to use together to get the best results. I may cut down on the clearing gel to just active zones and keep using this under my great makeup (see my reviews of it).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

clogged pores! this product caused me grief, I really thought this would be great but clogged pores and small bumps were all I got with this!! stay away!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by brokejaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product feels great at first, but it doesn't do anything great as far as oil control goes, plus it makes my pores noticeably clogged. Definitely wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by JenJen1822

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome. if you have problematic skin it's better than photo finish simply because it actually treats your skin. If used in combination with Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion it will greatly reduce your oil production. I have acne scaring and large pores and this product smoothes my skin and keeps my blush in place all day, no lie. It's pricey if you're not a skin care professional but it's worth it. This is the one product that I can't live without. One more note is that if you tend to be more on the dry side you can use Barrier Repair instead of the mattifier. They have the same texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tinadang14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you first put it on it feels great & matte. I use it after toner & also put on BB cream or matte primer, and I still end up having to blot 2 hours later. Definitely helps with the acne control though! Worth it if you don't mind blotting more frequently than other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lymasouza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample from this product and I have to say I didn`t like it. It doesn`t apply smoothly on my face and when I apply foundation on top, it starts peeling and flaking like flour. It is crazy I never saw any product doing like that. I wonder if this sample I have is off because it is really funny that a product with so many good reviews just does not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Applepie80

Worst mattifier i ever used.. This stuff broke me out even though I applied a thin layer on my T-zone. It made me oily within 2 hours. Now gotta use treatment for the broke out due to this stuff... ZZzzz

I prefer my chanel's t-matt.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by buttonsnachopogo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer!!! I use it on my t-zone. I ran out and used another primer on my t-zone and boy did I break out!! This primer is too strong for my cheeks so I use the Avon primer which I love too on my cheeks. The dermalogica primer is expensive but you only use a little and it is worth the cost. This primer has salicylic acid in it. But if you put a salicylic acid lotion on and then a regular primer on ; it still doesn't work like the dermalogica primer works.

To me the primer looks just the smashbox photofinish primer. I don't think it mattifies much but it does help your foundation go on smoother, look smoother and last longer

I don't know what I would do if this product were discontiued because I don't know of anything like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Aix83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first primer I ever tried was benefit that gal and it was horrible and
Left me totally oily and didn't
Mix well with other products. The next primer I tried was Laura mercier oil free primer and it did nothing. The next primer I tried was smash box photo finish oil free primer which is consistently rated the best by beauty magazines. Although this primer made my
Makeup last longer and make makeup application easy it also broke my skin out with cystic acne and left other parts of my skin dry. This product by dermalogica is expensive and I do not think it should be called mattifyer because it does not make my
Skin less oily or more oily. I think it should just be marketed as a primer. As a primer it is fabilulous. I helps clear up my skin, goes On smooth and makes my makeup last all day. Pricey but a tiny bit goes a long way. I also mix it with Clinique ddmg which allows me to use even less and still see great results. Sorry for the 4 reviews in 1.