August 29, 2014 | 1815 users online

Fragrances - L'Occitane - Iris Eau De Parfum Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by jayell79

My review is based from using several samples, so I don't know about packaging. (the full size bottle looks beautiful though.) I LOVED this! It's has air and water tones, but it's also earthy. It screams springtime with the iris that yes, you really can smell once the sharpness of the pepper calms down. My mother has a huge patch of iris on her farm, so this took me right back there. I love the way iris smell like air! They aren't strong or heady, but still smell like a flower. My only complaint is it doesn't last long, and I barely catch any of the base notes on dry down. For the price I'd like it to have more staying power, but that's not a deal breaker in my book. I get tired of smells quickly, and don't like some perfumes that never seem to fade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Info from L'Occitane's website:
"In Tuscany grows a magnificent flower, chosen by Florence to be its symbol: the IRIS. This flower's radiance and elegance is only the beginning of its splendor. Hidden in the ground - its root (or rhizome) produces a unique scent, only after 6 years of slow maturation. With Iris essential oil from Tuscany. * The riche, deep scent of Iris. * The velvety softness and freshness of the flower. * The woody accents of the rizhome."

I would say this has a very strong, perfumey scent. Musky maybe? Decent lasting power. The bottle is gorgeous, but it's just not my type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually came across this wonderful little perfume whilst at work in a pharmacy. I've never, ever used L'Occitane products before (even their perfume) and the only reason I tried this was because of the perfume bottle. It was so pretty and the colour of the perfume is a nice violet. There are other perfumes in this range which all have the same shaped bottle. But I liked this best. As soon as I put it on I was transported to some unknown time and place and was reminded of my childhood. This stuff does not however smell like a kiddie fragrance but it's just so pretty. I thought the price was a little steep but I don't really know the brand very well. However, I am willing to pay up for this fragrance. It's like being in a field of flowers. But it's not over-powering in any way. And after smelling all the celebrity fragrances that come out like every second, itís nice to smell something thatís a little unique, but still pretty.

FYI:
Iris Eau De Parfum Spray has Iris essential oils from Tuscany
Plus woody accents of rhizome Ė root of Iris
Top notes of Italian bergamot, pink pepper
Middle notes of iris, galbanum, violet
Base notes papyrus, tonka bean