October 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Lipstick - Fran Wilson - Mood Matcher 12 hr Lip Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great color that lasts. I got the pink and the green, they're both pretty but have different undertones. the orange comes off as a strawberry red, slightly warmer undertone. the green is a nice fusia with (obviously) cool undertones. it lasts through food and drink, and feels like slip balm. will collect all the other colours. I intend to use this under red lipsticks do even if they fade I'm still left with a nice stain of color. love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by evalien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I happen to like fuchsia and almost all lipsticks dry my lips out. Many an expensive lipstick has been gathering dust after only a few uses. Lovely colour, feels fine when you first put it on but after half an hour dryness and flaky lips. In comes this cheap 90's gimmick, and it works. It's really long-lasting, it doesn't dry out my lips, which I perceive as a bit of a miracle and it's ridiculously cheap. But you'll have to like fuchsia...a lot. Although all the Fran Wilson lipsticks seem to have a different colour, on your lips they all come quite close to the same type of fuchsia (Red 27). These moodmatching type of lipsticks are basically made of lipbalm, Red 27 dye and some additional colouring. Most of these lipsticks are either a light or dark pink on your lips. The red lipstick is really red though and absolutely lovely. My favourite colours so far are: red, black (dark fuchsia) and green (bright fuchsia). An easy to use, low maintenance, is the yellow, that one is like a pink chapstick. Least favourite is the light pink lipstick, that one somehow seems to be a bit mucky when I put it on. By now i've got one of these lipsticks in every pocket. The only low point I can think of is that it does like slightly strange for a habitually overdressed thirty-something woman to put on cheap green party lipstick in public.... i'll get over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by SugarBlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I forgot how much I loved these! I'm a lip stain junkie. I've tried them all. And this is the only one that last a very very long time, trust me. It's cheap too. The only thing I don't like about these is the packaging. I don't care if its ugly or it looks cheap but the cap just doesn't stay on. It keeps coming off. But then again, if it lasts very long, you don't have to bring it with you to work or school or anything and you don't have to worry about the the cap coming off in your purse. So it's fine I guess lol. Except when you go travel sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never wanted to rave so much about a lipstick! Omg. If you ever see this in your local drugstore..pick it up! It's now available in London Drugs for 3.50 CAD a huge steal for what you get. After I got this, my other lipclors h/e AND d/s, have bee collecting dust. In the tube, it looks, cheap. Weird, green, lipstick in 80s style packaging. But the actual product is ahamazinng!! I use it every day blotted, with a bit of lip salve on top. You cannot tell at all that I'm wearing lipstick. I look like I just have rosy lips! It's not drying like other lipsticks and the only con is it's reallllyy hard to get off. It really gets in there and stains the lips. A real diamond in the rough! Go try this!! You can eat/kiss/scream/talk and it stays!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by russianunicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in red. The color does in fact stay on for a long time, and the bonus is that it doesn't clump up or dry at all like other lipsticks! It goes on like a stain and is very smooth. I usually apply some chapstick over it just in case though. The color is very vibrant so I just apply a few dabs for a more natural look. People always compliment me on how lovely my lips are when I wear this, and they ask if it's my natural lip color so I take that it can look very natural. Only thing I don't like is the packaging of the lipstick, as it comes in a really cheap package and one must be careful when replacing the lid in case they damage the lipstick. The price is reasonable though and I'd definitely buy this again because I love how it doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by vananhtran12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip stick so much. I've try many kinds of lip tint as Tony Moly, Boujour, skinfood .... But Moodmatcher is really amazing. Once you apply, it'll stay on your lip forever :X :X :X

I'm using an orange and a pink one. Orange has color of pink-orange, which is very natural. The pink one has the color of lovely pink, I don't know how to describe but it's so lovely.

The price is cheap, only 3,5 $ for a 3,5g lip stick.

The only thing I don't like is the package. The lip stick cann't be put inside the tube thoroughly. It has some difficulty to open and close the tube. You should be careful not to scratch the lip stick.

Will I bought another one? Of course YES.
I LOVE IT :X :X :X

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it. I have the green one, and it turns into a nice fushia color. It's 4$ so it is really cheap, and the color is very bold. Unfortunately, they only have green. The only complant is that it is very hard to get off. Even though I love having it stay on forever, and even after eating, when I actually want it off, it doesn't completely come off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Duane Reade carries Mood Matcher lipsticks where I live for only $3. I remember it used to cost $1 or $2 but the price hasn't gone up that much in the past 15-20 years, so I have to say the price is still quite low, thankfully.

Since these colors/shades are not specifically labeled individually, I like that the lipstick display indicates what shade each color of lipstick is expected to turn on the lips. I had bought light blue earlier this year which turns a light bubblegum pink. I like that but I wanted red...which was out of stock.

Now I found red & love the fact that it really stays a nice shade of blue-based red on the lips, instead of turning a ghastly magenta/fuchsia. Other colors in this collection will turn various shades of that, if you wish, but I steer clear of those. There is even a brown option, for those who are so inclined. Red seems to be the most popular & in my opinion is the best.

I have bought tons of red lipsticks over the years, most of which were too orange or too brown-based or simply too dark to suit my complexion nicely. I'm so surprised I could find a nice balanced red that flatters my skintone in a longwearing formula that I can perk up when it finally begins to fade with a swipe of clear or sheer lipgloss on top & costs only $3.

It's a rich creamy color, so I only need to apply it lightly (I prefer sheer vs. opaque) & this tube may very well last me the rest of my life. haha
Going to buy one for my mom, she likes these kinds of longwearing creamy lipsticks & she loves a vibrant perky red. Check!
(I will admit, later on it softens down to a bright fuchsia-red ... but one that is thankfully unoffensive to the eye & still pleasing to wear. All mood-changing lipsticks are pink-based afterall.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by 53

I have been using this crazy green lipstick for about 15 years!!! I use it in the morning to STAIN my lips to a nice bright pink, then I apply a cooler beige frost overtop. Then my lips don't get all pale by about midday. I have small lips and as I aged they got paler, so I really need the colour-boost of the Moodmatcher. When I can find it, I buy 2-3 tubes & scatter them in my purse, at work, etc. It's a must-have, especially if you have small, pale lips like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Since I haven't been able to find my Wet n' Wild mood lippies for many years now, I decided to get myself a lot of 9 of these. I put each color on my arm to make sure they colors were different and indeed they were, though sometimes they look the same hot pink color on my lips! However, as advertised, these DO NOT bleed, fade, nor come off all day. Believe me, I tried, I used my heavy duty makeup removers, and even used a hard bristled nail brush and even that didn't get this off. This is better than any other lipstick that claims to last for many hours. Also, unlike some products of this type, the lippies didn't dry out my lips. Awesome lippies and so colorful!