August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Masks - Principal Secret - Reclaim Age-Braker Enzyme Mask & Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful enzyme mask. I could really see and feel a difference in my skin. After a month of using it once a week, my sun spots were not so dark anymore. I do also have sensitive skin and no problems at all. I have used it several times before a big event and my makeup went on so well. I did also found that when I was getting my monthly breakout, I would put a small dab of this on it and it helped everytime to reduce that breakout. Love this mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by skye218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!! My mothers gets this with her age braker package and she gave me the mask because she uses another one. I finished using accutane and my face has a lot of acne scars and blotchy dry patches.I love this mask. It's a nice creamy mask that smells pretty good. I wash my face then put a player of the mask on and leave it on for 20 minutes then wash it off. My skin is refreshed and clean! It works sooo much better than a srcub. It just removes all the dead skin cells that makes your face look dull. I use it 1-2 times a week and I notice my scars fading, I have a more even skin tone but you do notice a difference the first time you use it. I should say that your skin may be a little sensitive after you use the mask, it's normal. I always follow it up by putting a light layer of raw coco butter on my face. I now have smooth and even skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never needed to exfoliate until I got my first ever dry patch on one cheek a few weeks ago. Heaping on the moisturiser did no good (it obviously just sat on the surface of the dead skin), so I thought I should buy my first ever exfoliating product. Terrified at the thought of scrubbing away the offending skin, I sought out some fruit peel alternatives. (Not that burning it with fruit acids sounds any more palatable than scouring it away!?!)
Anyway, my little dry patch triggered a papaya peel binge and I've started working my way through offerings from Jan Marini, Alba, Elemis and now Principal Secret.
I bought a 15g silver-coloured tub of 'Age Braker', which claims to contain papain (natural papaya enzyme) to dissolve the dead surface cells. I followed the instructions and applied a layer to wet skin, massaged it and left it for twenty minutes. The texture was weird (I've noticed a huge variation in these papaya enzyme products) but not unpleasant - it felt like toothpaste: a gummy/tacky white substance. When I washed it off, my skin felt no more smooth or moist than it had before. I used it a few days later and still no result; then again a few days after that and once again found no improvement.
On one hand, I was relieved that using an enzyme product did not cause burning/inflammation as I had feared (I even stocked up on antihistamines just in case!) However, I was disappointed that the mask had no discernible effect on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Directions say to use this product once a week. I use it twice;) It is very thick and creamy. You must layer this on wet skin and massage until creamy. Let it set for 20 minutes and rinse off. Leaves my skin feeling very soft and refreshed. I don't even need to use an all-over face moisturizer after this mask. I just use my eye cream. Highly recommend and would re-purchase.